Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetical: What if #12 doesn't play this year?

Hark

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Have you ever watched women's pool on ESPN. The women are not only hot, they shoot a mean game of 9Ball. :thmup:

Its been a while.   I remember an Asian woman i think they called the black widow.

Or   I could just  watch the redneck chicks shoot pool down at the local fire company.  Compare their lower back tattoos and count the number of cigarette packs they go thru in an hour. Maybe bum a ride home with one of "em in their pickup with pink and camo accents.

23 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually think JB could win nine or ten games. He seems to have great chemistry with TY and Ebron. We have a great oline. The defense is pretty darn good also.  He has been able to go in and run camp without changing how we do things.  He has been in the system going his second year. 

The dude did pretty well with a depleted roster. Makes you wonder what he could do with this one. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I really hope so, this whole thing's been making me anxious. JMV had Reich on today, but he didn't seem to go into what Luck's been doing from a physical standpoint.

Allright I though I was the only lifetime Colts fan on this planet whose was having tiny little doubts creep in about this calf injury thing . I have this one belief tho …..It may not be to hard to keep Andrew out of pre-season games but I totally believe you may have to tie him to some pole to keep him out of regular season games (but that is just my personal opinion )…...GO COLTS !!!!!!!

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Have you ever watched women's pool on ESPN. The women are not only hot, they shoot a mean game of 9Ball. :thmup:

I noticed you didn’t say “they shoot a mean game of 9ball, and not only that, they’re hot.”

On 8/5/2019 at 11:31 AM, Hark said:

I will answer this for this for the heck of it.

This was the idea. Had no idea how many people were going to be triggered by this post. Some of ya'll are hilariously sensitive.

You knew what you were doing.... you’re a gaslighting narcissistic psychopath. 

:HFire::Nuke::HFire:

58E5D4D6-BAC3-4B06-A1A0-7ED24CE9102D.jpeg

On 8/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, bsteves said:

Anyway we can ban the OP for starting this thread?

If Stephen can keep making asinine threads without them being locked, then I think we can allow a hypothetical about the franchise QB (who has already missed many games in the past) who isn’t currently practicing because of a calf strain that has lingered for 3 months.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

If Brissett  manages the game, the defense is as good as we think it might be and can also muster a potent run game anything is possible

But with the tough schedule, I wouldn't feel that the team could make a deep playoff run.

That drives the "concern" for me.    I feel that this team is primed for a deep playoff run.   Without Luck, the expectation goes down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

But with the tough schedule, I wouldn't feel that the team could make a deep playoff run.

That drives the "concern" for me.    I feel that this team is primed for a deep playoff run.   Without Luck, the expectation goes down.

True. I just feel that O Line can now protect a QB AND open holes in run game. Haven't seen enough of Brissett with those attributes. Seemed opposing defenses were on him as soon as ball was snapped the games he started, not many QB's if any could flourish in that scenario. Also would depend on EVERBODY staying healthy   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

True. I just feel that O Line can now protect a QB AND open holes in run game. Haven't seen enough of Brissett with those attributes. Seemed opposing defenses were on him as soon as ball was snapped the games he started, not many QB's if any could flourish in that scenario. Also would depend on EVERBODY staying healthy   

Our oline sucked. I dont think that was all Brissett. Plus that was basically his rookie year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

I think Brissett would do good, just not nearly as good as Luck.   That's why I think the team could reach the Superbowl with Luck, but not with Brissett.   I think the expectations work against us as fans.  I think most of us expect the Colts to win the division with Luck.   Still probably a majority do with Brissett.   

I don't mind discussing this in this thread because it is titled "Hypothetical".   In reality, I expect Luck to play the season.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Our oline sucked. I dont think that was all Brissett. Plus that was basically his rookie year.

Agree. That's why I said haven't seen enough of Brissett behind a much improved O Line and not many QB's would've looked good with the line Brissett had to work with. Reich believes in Brissett and stated he believes Brissett is a top 20 starting QB in the league.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Hypothetical: What if Luck can't play and Brissett and the entire offensive line had injuries and are all out for the season. Then how many games do you think we can win?

I think hypothetically, just Luck and Nelson out for the year would lower us to an 8-8 at-best team. Without Brissett as well, we are a two-win team.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't mind discussing this in this thread because it is titled "Hypothetical".   In reality, I expect Luck to play the season.  

As do I, in spite of some of the responses.

• Like 1

9-7 seems plausible if this defense improves like it seems like it will. We have enough offensive weapons I think to help Brisset score enough points to win lower scoring games from our opponents. Plus, I'm sure the dude is probably even sharper in this offense now than a few years ago.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 4:10 AM, WoolMagnet said:

Its been a while.   I remember an Asian woman i think they called the black widow.

Or   I could just  watch the redneck chicks shoot pool down at the local fire company.  Compare their lower back tattoos and count the number of cigarette packs they go thru in an hour. Maybe bum a ride home with one of "em in their pickup with pink and camo accents.

Jeanette  Lee. She lived in Mooresville Indiana for a time. Not sure she still does since her and George Breedlove divorced. 

On topic of OP. Have no idea how JB will fair until I see him. But why are people so certain Andrew will be ready? If I was in Vegas I would lay my money on Brissett starting. Something isn’t right at all.

• Like 1

Might as well start Phillip Walker and go for the first pick.  Brissett will probably win us anywhere from 4-8 games and we’ll pick lower.  Might as well roll with Walker and Kelly and win 1-3 and pick first.  Then trade the pick for another draft haul.

12 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Might as well start Phillip Walker and go for the first pick.  Brissett will probably win us anywhere from 4-8 games and we’ll pick lower.  Might as well roll with Walker and Kelly and win 1-3 and pick first.  Then trade the pick for another draft haul.

If Luck was out for the season, I'd be for that with the upcoming QB class.

13 hours ago, IndySouthsider said:

Jeanette  Lee. She lived in Mooresville Indiana for a time. Not sure she still does since her and George Breedlove divorced. 

On topic of OP. Have no idea how JB will fair until I see him. But why are people so certain Andrew will be ready? If I was in Vegas I would lay my money on Brissett starting. Something isn’t right at all.

To answer the bolded, everyone here is a Colts homer, and most will refuse to admit at this point that Luck could miss regular-season time even though a theme is developing that suggests he could. It's basically the "have faith until it happens" angle, even though Luck has already missed a full season once before. 

No one wants it to happen or be negative about it, but it's not going to go away until he's back at 100% and playing again. The injury has lasted 3 months, so any certainty he'll be back is hopeful at this point (which is all we have right now).

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To answer the bolded, everyone here is a Colts homer, and most will refuse to admit at this point that Luck could miss regular-season time even though a theme is developing that suggests he could. It's basically the "have faith until it happens" angle, even though Luck has already missed a full season once before. 

No one wants it to happen or be negative about it, but it's not going to go away until he's back at 100% and playing again. The injury has lasted 3 months, so any certainty he'll be back is hopeful at this point (which is all we have right now).

Maybe he should try cryotherapy.

:burnout::peek:

On 8/6/2019 at 7:19 PM, SOMDColtsfan said:

If Brissett  manages the game, the defense is as good as we think it might be and can also muster a potent run game anything is possible

Logically speaking, if the three premises are all false (as evidenced by the first preseason game), does that mean that nothing is possible? Asking for a friend.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, GoColts00 said:

This Team is built to be able to run now. Plus, the defense is better. I think we would be middle of the pack 9-7 or 10-6.

The schedule is more difficult this year. Brissett would struggle to get the Colts to 8-8.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

The schedule is more difficult this year. Brissett would struggle to get the Colts to 8-8.

I understand the schedule is more difficult. We can still run with our O-line.

Brissett is 1 person. The team as a whole is better although it didnt appear so last night. Being able to run the ball takes weight off Brissett. 

On 8/5/2019 at 11:21 AM, Hark said:

To be clear: I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, just for fun, with the upgrades that have been made all over the roster, if this team played the season with JB at QB, what do you think their record would be? Because of the strength of schedule, I think this team would probably be somewhere around 8-8.

I thought the same thing. And didn't want to get stoned to death by this forum for saying it. Remember that Peyton Manning injury? "Its just a routine doctors appointment" then we never saw him again lol

47 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I thought the same thing. And didn't want to get stoned to death by this forum for saying it. Remember that Peyton Manning injury? "Its just a routine doctors appointment" then we never saw him again lol

I thought they were going to burn me at the stake for even asking the question. Truthfully, I do think #12 will be our starter week 1.

I would like to share the optimism of the masses here about our defense. Yes, we did get better last year, yes we do have a stud in Leonard but loads of question marks all over the place. One thing we are getting better at is forcing turnovers. However I do not yet trust the pass rush or the secondary. I think our d is pretty average, although this is all just speculation as we have not seen them this year yet. I hope we'll do better than last year. 

Offense however I think can still function with JB under center as we are built to run the football and now have weapons at WR as well as TE so I think a 10-6 is very much possible all together with JB. 

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm reviving a dead thread just so people can see if they still feel the same.

I'm switching up.   I said 5-7 wins.   Now I'm thinking more like 7-8 wins.   Mostly because now he won't be thrown in unexpectedly.  

I feel the same way. 7-8 win team. The positive is Brissett got almost all the reps in training camp, so he has chemistry with the offense. I think our defense is just a monster now.

• Like 2

I feel the same way. 7-8 win team. The positive is Brissett got almost all the reps in training camp, so he has chemistry with the offense. I think our defense is just a monster now.

I think the upside could be as many as 11 wins, but the schedule is tough and Brissett is an unknown.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think the upside could be as many as 11 wins, but the schedule is tough and Brissett is an unknown.

Brissett would have to be top 10 for that to happen. Curiously for me, his range could be anywhere from a top ten QB to the worst starter in the league. As far as I'm concerned, we're the Jags with Bortles now except Brissett has higher potential. I just want Brissett to give us a definitive answer on whether we should keep him or not by the end of the year.

Brissett would have to be top 10 for that to happen. Curiously for me, his range could be anywhere from a top ten QB to the worst starter in the league. As far as I'm concerned, we're the Jags with Bortles now except Brissett has higher potential. I just want Brissett to give us a definitive answer on whether we should keep him or not by the end of the year.

We are not the jags with Bortles. We have so many more weapons.