Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetical: What if #12 doesn't play this year?

Hark

To be clear: I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, just for fun, with the upgrades that have been made all over the roster, if this team played the season with JB at QB, what do you think their record would be? Because of the strength of schedule, I think this team would probably be somewhere around 8-8.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hark said:

To be clear: I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, just for fun, with the upgrades that have been made all over the roster, if this team played the season with JB at QB, what do you think their record would be? Because of the strength of schedule, I think this team would probably be somewhere around 8-8.

:scorebad::groan:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

LMAO, he will play. No need to entertain pointless questions.

Can we at least acknowledge the fact that the guy can't even practice without pretending that it's not a big deal? I've seen plenty of Colts fans acting like his being able to participate in walkthroughs is somehow a positive sign, but personally, I'm concerned.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Can we at least acknowledge the fact that the guy can't even practice without pretending that it's not a big deal? I've seen plenty of Colts fans acting like his being able to participate in walkthroughs is somehow a positive sign, but personally, I'm concerned.

Reich said he is throwing and not just stationary.

I will answer this for this for the heck of it. I see 8-8 but not any better. We would be competitive in most games. I have us 11-5 with Luck and winning the division. Jacoby was 4-11 as the starter in 2017 but the team is much better now. Until there is more proof though I see Jacoby as an average starter at best, great backup though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, twfish said:

6-10. I love brisset but it always seems like in the last 2 minutes of a game hes going to throw a pick.

Regarding his 2017 picks, it seemed like a lot of them were due to him just throwing balls that were nearly impossible for our receivers to catch....dump-offs thrown about 200 mph (yes, I know they weren’t actually that fast...but you get my point).

But he also had to endure a whole lot of pressure that year that he likely wouldn’t have to now.

I have no idea what our record would be with him under center this year.  But hopefully we aren’t going to have to find out.

3 hours ago, Hark said:

Your idea of fun and my idea of fun are 2 very different ideas...... for example, thinking about another season without Andrew Luck.........

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I can't think of a topic that Colt fans would be more sensitive to. Did this really surprise you?

If I didn't make the first line of my post

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then no, I wouldn't be surprised. But since I literally opened my post with bold caps saying this isn't going to happen followed by what seems like 20 exclamation marks, yes I am a little surprised with the reactions.  It's a question to get people to think about how much the roster has been upgraded over the last few years, and see how they think  these upgrades would fare without #12 at QB.

• Like 1

Next man up. Ballard has always instilled that it’s about more than one single entity. 

It’s obvious, Luck drives the whole thing in terms of making the playoffs and being a contender. But the team around him can certainly win games in their own right. 

• Like 1

Brissett won 4 games with a bad o-line, receivers that couldn't create separation, an old runningback, and a coaching staff that was inept at proper gameplanning and more importantly, adjustments. They dropped him back 5 and 7 steps, long after he was getting crushed, to a whopping 52 sacks if 15 games... and yet he stood back there with confidence and only turned the ball over 10 times. If Frank Reich had to pick from any qb outside of the top 15 in the league to play when Luck is hurt, I'd be willing to bet he'd pick JB... and that might even be generous to the 10-15 guys. JB could win with this team. Period. How many? 10 or more. Would he? Idk, will Luck play week 1? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sreeb2deeni said:

9-7 with Brissett.

Everybody seems to like JB as a solid back-up. With this hypothetical scenario he becomes the starter. Which starter in the NFL would be the best comparison to JB when focusing on his strengths as a QB?

Big bodied, strong arm, athletic... Probably Andrew Luck if we are being honest. They fit well together. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kyle said:

3-13

Maybe be Ballard and Andrew had a lil talk and it went something like this:

BALLARD:   "Hey Andrew, hows the calf?"

LUCK:  "feelin' good.  I'm good to go!"

BALLARD:  NO, Andrew, hows the calf?"

LUCK:  "seriously sir, its the best its felt in 9 months.  No issues at       all.... 100%"

BALKARD:  "come on Andrew, i know you do that a shucks routine, but this is me......:remember that talk we had prior to 2017?   REMEMBER?"

LUCK:  "got it sir, its starting to hurt now."

BALLARD: "geez Andrew i love you to death , but man you are slow sonetimes."