Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Polian-It's Between Broncos And Titans For Manning

Jules

Saw this on the Titans forum:

Peyton Manning - QB - Colts

Citing multiple NFL sources, the Denver Post confirms the Broncos are one of free agent Peyton Manning's top two choices.

The Broncos' main selling points are coach John Fox's "carte blanche" for Manning to run his own offense and "quality of life" for the quarterback's family in Colorado. Former Colts president Bill Polian opined Tuesday afternoon that the Broncos and Titans are the two finalists. Manning will reportedly meet with Tennessee coach Mike Munchak on Wednesday. We certainly wouldn't count the Cardinals out just yet, though NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora can't find anybody around the league who believes Miami is "well-positioned" to land Manning.

Saw this on the Titans forum:

The Titans are a natural for his homecoming, the Broncos "carte blanche" is what he wants to play. Cards were never my pick anyway and I guess I'm the only one that liked Miami so I hope he like Denver......

Need competent QB, Need receiving TE, need LB that can cover TE - Peyton, Clark, Brackett???

John Elway pulls another one on the Colts again!!! What are the odds? :) Hopefully Luck does not pull an Elway or Eli.

After all, a Colt that gets old becomes a Bronco :).

Need competent QB, Need receiving TE, need LB that can cover TE - Peyton, Clark, Brackett??? John Elway pulls another one on the Colts again!!! What are the odds? :) Hopefully Luck does not pull an Elway or Eli. After all, a Colt that gets old becomes a Bronco :).

A bronco is a horse that has never been saddle-broken. It could be the same age as a colt, it could be younger, it could be older.

These horse comparisions need to stop.. lmao

Here it is from a cowgirl..

A colt is a generic term for a young horse.. filly is a female, colt is suppose to be for a male but also refered to as stud colt.

A bronco is a horse that bucks.

A colt could grow up to be a bronco, but odds are slim.

A colt grows up to be a horse. Or a better known as a gelding, stud, or a mare.

After all, a Colt that gets old becomes a Bronco :).

A bronco is a horse that has never been saddle-broken. It could be the same age as a colt, it could be younger, it could be older.

A colt is a generic term for a young horse.. filly is a female, colt is suppose to be for a male but also refered to as stud colt.

Folks, you leave me no choice......

The Broncos need a run stuffing MLB not a coverage backer. Von Miller and DJ Williams are great outside linebackers. Gary Brackett sucks, they should pursue Lofton or Grant from San Fran. I like Grant but he will never eclipse Biwman or Willis. Some team will benefit from him. They also need a NT and safety. And another offensive playmaker on the outside. They could get Soliai NT, Atogwe FS, Grant MLB, and go get Mike Wallace!

If I was Elway I would offer to bring in FS, NT, MLB.. I would target the following

FS: OJ Atogwe, or Landry to play SS, Dawkins resigned for FS. Realistically the could afford both.

NT: Paul Soliai (rumored interest)

MLB: Curtis Lofton or Grant SF

I would get Manning, Clarke, Saturday, and trade my first pick for Mike Wallace

They would be unreal good...

The Broncos need a run stuffing MLB not a coverage backer. Von Miller and DJ Williams are great outside linebackers. Gary Brackett sucks, they should pursue Lofton or Grant from San Fran. I like Grant but he will never eclipse Biwman or Willis. Some team will benefit from him. They also need a NT and safety. And another offensive playmaker on the outside. They could get Soliai NT, Atogwe FS, Grant MLB, and go get Mike Wallace!

But when they get spread out by the Pats TEs, they get exposed, that is where they could use a pass down MLB, IMO. Brackett sucks if you cannot keep OLs and TEs off him but if he is free to roam, he can make plays. He cant be relied upon as an every down MLB at this point but can still make plays as a pass down MLB, I am pretty confident when I say that.

But when they get spread out by the Pats TEs, they get exposed, that is where they could use a pass down MLB, IMO. Brackett sucks if you cannot keep OLs and TEs off him but if he is free to roam, he can make plays. He cant be relied upon as an every down MLB at this point but can still make plays as a pass down MLB, I am pretty confident when I say that.

They got beaten down by the Pats and Lions offenses right?

That says a lot IMO.

They are great though against the lesser O's.

How would he know...he barely talks to PM, and he doesn't know what goes through his mind. What he said is irrelevant to the PM saga.

I'd love some insight on how you know that these two barely talk. Please tell us how you know this.

Also from the Titans forum

According to lombardi, if titans dont get manning there is a strong chance we match bills offer and win out bc of no state income tax in tennesse.

Mario is waiting on the Manning decision they hear.

They have good DE's (dumervil and ayers)and good OLBs (miller and Williams) they lack in the middle of the field. S, NT, MLB. I would prefer Lofton over Brackett, I like his game, and a good FS would help too. Denver needs to get strong down the middle of the field. And youthenized at CB.

titans offered Manning a "contract for life" to be in their front office when he retires.

being given a green light to be the starting QB until HE is ready to retire will be hard to turn down...especially in a familiar place, in a familiar division, with a top RB and good O line (that would be great if the do in fact sign Steve Hutchensen and Scott Wells)...with two good WRs in Britt and Washington...a high draft choice...at good TE...and the chance to prove to Irsay that he was wrong to cut him from the team, the chance to prove it twice a year until he is ready to retire...

the odds were slim, but could be true in the endP:)

I'd love some insight on how you know that these two barely talk. Please tell us how you know this.

I answered you in the PM, but I should answer you in the public forum too so I don't give off the wrong impression. Bill Polian said it the morning of the announcement with PM, not the press conference, the decision on him. He said that they don't speak often, and spoke "awhile ago". That's my source.

No . . . I liked Miami too (sorry Maureen!). Don't know why but I've always had a soft spot for the Dolphins.

I'd be really surprised if he went with the Titans so I see Denver being the outcome here also.

:lol: I am relieved I do not have to see him in Dolphin colors

One time we had web people redesign our site and they did it in dolphin colors because they said, they were the most pleasing to the eye

I'm like "Seriously? I find those colors disgusting!"

I guess some web people do not understand the importance of colors to football fans!

:lol: I am relieved I do not have to see him in Dolphin colors

One time we had web people redesign our site and they did it in dolphin colors because they said, they were the most pleasing to the eye

I'm like "Seriously? I find those colors disgusting!"

I guess some web people do not understand the importance of colors to football fans!

I actually like the Dolphins colors, and I like Dolphins too (and Dan Marino), so I've never minded them.

I would suggest that you never go to Florida if blue/green pastels are a problem for you. But if you really like thunderstorms, tornado's, bugs the size of small children and Mickey Mouse it can be a wonderful place.

I actually like the Dolphins colors, and I like Dolphins too (and Dan Marino), so I've never minded them.

I would suggest that you never go to Florida if blue/green pastels are a problem for you. But if you really like thunderstorms, tornado's, bugs the size of small children and Mickey Mouse it can be a wonderful place.

I'm still ticked that the XLI colors were dolphins colors

If you take out the orange, i'm ok with pastels of all sorts :)

I'm still ticked that the XLI colors were dolphins colors

If you take out the orange, i'm ok with pastels of all sorts :)

My tastes are changing strangely the older I get. I probably would have hated aqua when I was a kid. Too much orange in the mix would admittedly be a bit over the top as well. But I'm a Mets fan (and a Knicks fan, and hopefully soon a partial Broncos fan), so it's all good.