Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 8

9 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

From about 75' away i thought Speed looked very thin.
Ths picture shows otherwise. Nice.

He is thinner than guys like Walker and Okereke, but he's also faster. As long as he can hit hard and wrap up, I'm good with that. So far hearing more about Speed than Okereke, but both sound safely on the 53.

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

Pretty impressive. I still think Luck was the better reader of Ds, and better pure passer.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

"We saw a different dime look from the Colts on Saturday, Instead of the 4-1-6 look we saw from the Colts last year when they went to their dime personnel, the Colts used a 3-2-6 grouping on Saturday. It was three down linemen: Justin Houston, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Denico Autry; two linebackers: Darius Leonard, Anthony Walker; and six defensive backs: Kenny Moore, Pierre Desir, Quincy Wilson, Rock Ya-Sin, Clayton Geathers, Malik Hooker."

That's a very very solid Dime. I hope Banogu turns out the be the real deal and included along with Houston and Autry at some point.

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Dang. That is a lot of DB. That’s why we might keep more then expected. We are going to hit people in the mouth with that.

We used a lot of DBs last year, so not sure anything really changes. The dime last year was 6 DBs, the only change is one one less DL and one more LB. I think this has to do with potentially the improvement along the DL with the addition of Houston, plus the reality of getting burnt by TEs in the LB space last year.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2019 at 11:29 PM, Irish YJ said:

He is thinner than guys like Walker and Okereke, but he's also faster. As long as he can hit hard and wrap up, I'm good with that. So far hearing more about Speed than Okereke, but both sound safely on the 53.

Pretty impressive. I still think Luck was the better reader of Ds, and better pure passer.

That's a very very solid Dime. I hope Banogu turns out the be the real deal and included along with Houston and Autry at some point.

We used a lot of DBs last year, so not sure anything really changes. The dime last year was 6 DBs, the only change is one one less DL and one more LB. I think this has to do with potentially the improvement along the DL with the addition of Houston, plus the reality of getting burnt by TEs in the LB space last year.

We have many sure tacklers in this grouping, with several in this back 8 that are good as blitzers. We can really mix out coverages and have mucho speed to cover lots of ground. Love it!

• Like 1