Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 8

I like the chemistry that Brissett has with Ebron and Hilton. If he would ever have to play I would feel good with him for a game or two. The Reich press conference sounds encouraging with Luck. He is throwing to the receivers in walk thrus so at least they are not getting anything. The team doesn’t seem to mind Brissett at all. Sounds like he is a good vocal leader and has fun. Most important we don’t have to change anything in camp with him in there. He can run our offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That tweet by ZAk sounds exactly like what I was thinking. He was walking on s bad calf and compensating using other parts of his leg and now he just needs to build strength. That is a very good sign.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards him being ready for the season. Hopefully he is. :thmup:

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I like the chemistry that Brissett has with Ebron and Hilton. If he would ever have to play I would feel good with him for a game or two. The Reich press conference sounds encouraging with Luck. He is throwing to the receivers in walk thrus so at least they are not getting anything. The team doesn’t seem to mind Brissett at all. Sounds like he is a good vocal leader and has fun. Most important we don’t have to change anything in camp with him in there. He can run our offense.

People tend to forget Brissett's big arm and his success in NE because all they remember is 11 losses and 52 sacks... Which was mostly due to bad coaching and an atrocious line (All corrected in one offseason.) While I sincerely hope that it doesn't happen, I would be genuinely interested in seeing him perform with this offense. I think he would stun people. Andrew's health is not the only reason he hasn't been traded. They truly value him and what he brings to the table as a backup. Call it the Reich mentality, or whatever. You can put the best damn roster together, but if it all rests on your quarterback because you don't have a competent plan b, you are playing with fire. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

People tend to forget Brissett's big arm and his success in NE because all they remember is 11 losses and 52 sacks... Which was mostly due to bad coaching and an atrocious line (All corrected in one offseason.) While I sincerely hope that it doesn't happen, I would be genuinely interested in seeing him perform with this offense. I think he would stun people. Andrew's health is not the only reason he hasn't been traded. They truly value him and what he brings to the table as a backup. Call it the Reich mentality, or whatever. You can put the best damn roster together, but if it all rests on your quarterback because you don't have a competent plan b, you are playing with fire. 

Not to mention he was just thrown into this offense in 2017.  He had no time to prepare. In the future If he does leave we need to find a similar backup who can run our offense so if luck does go down we don’t have to change.  Reich has instilled this team with it doesn’t matter who is playing we can win. That is huge.

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Because he can’t play for the Colts this year, I read that Ware is going to reach an injury settlement with the team...   then the Colts will release him and Ware will then sign with another team with the intention of playing for them this year.   Sucks for us. 

"We saw a different dime look from the Colts on Saturday, Instead of the 4-1-6 look we saw from the Colts last year when they went to their dime personnel, the Colts used a 3-2-6 grouping on Saturday. It was three down linemen: Justin Houston, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Denico Autry; two linebackers: Darius Leonard, Anthony Walker; and six defensive backs: Kenny Moore, Pierre Desir, Quincy Wilson, Rock Ya-Sin, Clayton Geathers, Malik Hooker."

• Like 3

"The Colts worked WR-Brandon Marshall out on Friday. Frank Reich shed some more light on that workout: “Chris (Ballard) has a really strong relationship with Brandon. Chris and his staff are always going to do a good job of keeping a pulse on what’s out there, whether it’s for now, or for later, or whatever the case may be. That’s just part of our normal protocol. We’ve been bringing in guys all throughout camp, at every position. It was good. It was good to see him yesterday. I’ve certainly admired his career. He’s been a great pro.” Marshall was traded to Chicago in 2012, when Ballard was the Director of Pro Scouting. This workout sounds much more like the Colts just seeing if there’s anything left in that Pro Bowl body of Marshall, who is 35 years old and is coming off two very underwhelming seasons of production. Plus, where would Marshall fit in Indy? Aren’t you paying Devin Funchess $10 million for a reason?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

"We saw a different dime look from the Colts on Saturday, Instead of the 4-1-6 look we saw from the Colts last year when they went to their dime personnel, the Colts used a 3-2-6 grouping on Saturday. It was three down linemen: Justin Houston, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Denico Autry; two linebackers: Darius Leonard, Anthony Walker; and six defensive backs: Kenny Moore, Pierre Desir, Quincy Wilson, Rock Ya-Sin, Clayton Geathers, Malik Hooker."

Dang. That is a lot of DB. That’s why we might keep more then expected. We are going to hit people in the mouth with that.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Dang. That is a lot of DB. That’s why we might keep more then expected. We are going to hit people in the mouth with that.

Well in this formation, Geathers will be playing dime LBer with Desir and Rock on the outside and Moore in the slot with Wilson most likely matched up with the TE

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Well in this formation, Geathers will be playing dime LBer with Desir and Rock on the outside and Moore in the slot with Wilson most likely matched up with the TE

It is going to be interesting to see how we play different teams. We have so much versatility we can change up depending on the team. It will be interesting to see Wilson against teams with good TE. Hopefully the problem will be solved. 

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich also said a few players will sit out in Buffalo. I am going to assume it will guys like TY, Leonard, Moore. Maybe Funchess but they might want to see him in game action. He said the list would not be long on who would not play.

Add Houston and Kelley to those who don't play. Most of the starters will play a few snaps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not to mention he was just thrown into this offense in 2017.  He had no time to prepare. In the future If he does leave we need to find a similar backup who can run our offense so if luck does go down we don’t have to change.  Reich has instilled this team with it doesn’t matter who is playing we can win. That is huge.

Not to mention the offense wasn't good then either... And by the offense I mean all the parts and specifically the coaching and gameplanning. They didn't put Brissett in a position to succeed, they dropped him back 5 and 7 steps and let him get killed due to an incompetent o-line. Reich would have never done that. So while I get what you are saying with the "run our offense," I would mention that our offense is whatever Reich wants it to be each and every week. Fundamentally run the football well. Set up and exploit mismatches. He can do that with any competent qb, with a strong nucleus throughout the o-line and skilled positions... which we now have. The previous coaching staff couldn't and didn't have the roster to even fall back on. 2017 vs 2019 is night and day. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Not to mention the offense wasn't good then either... And by the offense I mean all the parts and specifically the coaching and gameplanning. They didn't put Brissett in a position to succeed, they dropped him back 5 and 7 steps and let him get killed due to an incompetent o-line. Reich would have never done that. So while I get what you are saying with the "run our offense," I would mention that our offense is whatever Reich wants it to be each and every week. Fundamentally run the football well. Set up and exploit mismatches. He can do that with any competent qb, with a strong nucleus throughout the o-line and skilled positions... which we now have. The previous coaching staff couldn't and didn't have the roster to even fall back on. 2017 vs 2019 is night and day. 

I guess what I meant by run the offense is that Brissett has a good enough arm we  don’t have to change what we do if he has to play. How many teams if a backup came in half the play book wouldn’t be able to be used because the qb doesn’t have the arm. I have just been pretty surprised with how good he has looked.