Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Chester Rogers be on the 53 man squad?

Hoose

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, akcolt said:

Have we seen Fountain back there yet? He returned punts in the East-West game. He was the Offensive MVP of that game. 

Maybe Thursday during the game. I can’t remember if I have seen his name in practice doing PR. 

Pascal avged more yards per catch then Rogers (.7 per reception) along with higher % of 1st downs from his catches and much higher td percentage per catch (1 td per 13.5 cathces vs 1 per 26.5). I think good chance neither makes the cut but if had to choose between just those 2 would take Zach, some numbers can be thrown either way to make a case. 

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Pascal avged more yards per catch then Rogers (.7 per reception) along with higher % of 1st downs from his catches and much higher td percentage per catch (1 td per 13.5 cathces vs 1 per 26.5). I think good chance neither makes the cut but if had to choose between just those 2 would take Zach, some numbers can be thrown either way to make a case. 

You're comparing a traditional slot vs a X, so you should expect different stats. A traditional slot has typically less RZ snaps than a big bodied WR or TE. They (traditional slot) also see a lot more short to medium targets because of the nature of their routes. Also keep in mind that both Inman and Pascal played about 30% of their snaps from slot as the big/bully slot (I'm sure a lot of these snaps were replacing Rogers in the RZ or in short yardage situations).

I just posted several receiving stats in another thread. Here's a few blurbs in general on both Rogers and Pascal.

Snap Count 

CR 593 vs ZP 527

Total Yards

CR 485 vs ZP 268

Targets

CR 72 vs ZP 46

Yards per snap (bang for buck)

CR 0.82 vs ZP 0.51

Yards per target

CR 6.74 vs ZP 5.83

Yards per reception

CR 9.2 vs ZP 9.9

Catch %

CR 73.6% vs ZP 58.7%

Drop rate

CR 8.3% vs ZP 8.9%

Target Separation

CR 1.81 / #9 vs ZP 1.54 #40

.Overall they had similar snaps, but Rogers had more targets and yards (likely because he was more open per separation stats), had better yards per target and snaps, and a much better catch rate. Zach only "won" the ypc stat barely. Compared to other outside WRs (X or Z), Pascal's 9.9 was behind Hilton 16.7, Funchess 12.5, and Inman's 10.9.

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

In my world, there is no comparison. 

Pascal - Games 16, Rec 27, Yards 268, TD's 2

Rogers - Games 41, Rec 95, Yards 1042, TD's 3

Anyone else find it funny with all the exciting rookies we have, Rogers is getting more attention on here.  I cant figure out why the kid is so polarizing.   He has overachieved,imo, since hes been here and still he gets no respect.  I hope he lights it up.

Archived