Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts continue to work out players

:giveup:He's making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty and nice, Ballard Claus is coming to town. (Admit it, you read that a second time and actually sang it.) Ballard gonna Ballard.

I understand bringing guys in. I usually never comment on these kinds of threads because I'm almost always unsurprised by whoever we worked out.

Was just caught off guard by the mention of Brandon Marshall because I thought he was pretty much done. But by all means, if he impresses Ballard/Reich and we end up bringing him on due to injuries, so be it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

I would say that a lot of our cuts and practice squad players will

be picked up by other teams this year, so Ballard will have to be

very diligent on finding quality players when the season begins.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Fountain was a player who interviewed/drew interest from a lot of teams. Pascal, Rogers, even guys like Ishmael or Hart, could be plucked by other teams if we tried to put them on the PS too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That actually makes a lot of sense. Fountain was a player who was interviewed by a lot of people pre-draft. If we cut him he might not make it to the PS. Same with guys like Pascal, Ishmael, or Rogers if we cut them.

All four of these guys are worthy of a roster spot on some team's 53

man roster, not to mention maybe a few other quality players the 

Colts will cut before the first coin is tossed.

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That actually makes a lot of sense. Pascal, Rogers, even guys like Ismael or Hart, could be plucked by other teams if we try to put them on the PS. And I know Fountain interviewed/drew interest for a lot of teams pre-draft.

Yep, If someone goes down and none of these players who will be cut soon will be available, Ballard will have to find/sign someone else. Hence, he should leave no stone unturned.

Marshall is simply due diligence. IMO, he'll fall into a plan D or more scenario. I think a lot of things would have to happen for us to grab him. Cain would have to take a step back, another X (likely Funch) would have to be injured, our PS would have to be decimated by other teams cherry picking, etc.. 

I'm glad we're turning over every stone, but I doubt there's anything to see here.

On 8/2/2019 at 1:38 PM, krunk said:

Well if Funchess goes down and you need another big body???  Just guessing

Perhaps. But you still have Ebron and Cain. Last year we rolled out with even less depth at WR. It was Hilton, Grant, Pascall, and Rodgers before injuries. They were comfortable rolling with that at the start of the season. Seems weird to all of a sudden work out a veteran WR when there’s more receiver talent this year than last.