Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Melvin Gordon Wants To Be Traded From The Chargers

King Colt

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

He has made a dumb mistake thinking his value to the Chargers is greater than it is. Adios Gordon.

He isn't getting traded this year.    He will play.   

2 hours ago, brently76 said:

I hope he continues to sit out so I can grab him in my keeper league August 11th lol him with gurley and David Johnson would be wonderful. 

Surely he won't be dropped in a keeper league

He has been watching too many movies to think they will bend to keep him at his demands. Game one is away against the Chargers and they have beaten the Colts in three of the last four games so if Gordon is not present that will be a plus.

14 minutes ago, King Colt said:

He has been watching too many movies to think they will bend to keep him at his demands. Game one is away against the Chargers and they have beaten the Colts in three of the last four games so if Gordon is not present that will be a plus.

Gordon didn't have a huge game last time we played him I believe he is a tad bit overrated.

It wouldn’t let me post the screen shot but I ended up with:

QB- D. Watson (I’m sorry value pick)

RB- David Johnson

RB- T. Gurley

WR- A. Thielen 

WR- J. Edelman (gross value pick)

TE- H. Henry

FLX- D. Williams

IDP- C. Mosley

D- Jags (another gross value pick)

K- G. Zuerlein

With what has happened in the past couple of years at running back, I am so glad that we have gone the platooning, competent, players, instead of having a primary diva, as our main running back. This just goes to show, that we don't need a running back, that is going to hold the rest of the team hostage, holding out. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

With what has happened in the past couple of years at running back, I am so glad that we have gone the platooning, competent, players, instead of having a primary diva, as our main running back. This just goes to show, that we don't need a running back, that is going to hold the rest of the team hostage, holding out. 

If Mack runs for over 1000 yards, he may hold out next year.  He's due to make $645,000 this year and $735,000 next year.  While that is good money for you or I, he's the 96th highest paid RB in the NFL.  

17 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

the leagues rookie contract rules are screwing over the top running backs, i dont have a problem with them holding out.  

Bell is lucky that he is still healthy for a second contract.  the steelers tried to use him up by tagging him twice, and put all of the risk on him if he got hurt. Zeke holding out is fair imo, they are giving him the heaviest workload in the league.  he was first round pick too, so that means the team has a 5th year option plus multiple franchise tags they can use.  thats not fair to the player imo

As for gordon, he had one good year and is now demanding a raise.  cant say im on board with that one

The Chargers won't trade him for a third rounder, that's what they'd get if he leave via FA after the year with a supplemental pick. And no team is going to give a 2nd for a decent running back and have to pay him what he's asking. He has no real leverage and he's with a team that doesn't spend or cave into demands.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:58 AM, Myles said:

If Mack runs for over 1000 yards, he may hold out next year.  He's due to make $645,000 this year and $735,000 next year.  While that is good money for you or I, he's the 96th highest paid RB in the NFL.  

And I would release, trade or sell his injury prone behind in a heartbeat. Ijs