Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 7

@krunk Remember when we got lambasted for our prediction of Banogu being a defensive end AND how Okereke and Speed were gonna ball out.....!??!

Whatever metrics this FO is using is *bleeping* gold. GOLD I tell you!

Now Jacksonville good, I can see it though without the ego's that drag them down.

6 deep at corner

6 deep at linebacker

A LOT of talent at Safety, when not injured

Relentless defensive line with an added Superstar in Houston

Yessir, I can see it happening!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He and Fountain are my favorites for the PS. I think Dulin has more polish than Fountain coming in as a rook, but both have great measurables and a high ceiling. 

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

My favorite TE for the PS.

11 hours ago, unitas2berry said:

Do you think he is surpassing Travis?

I wouldn't be surprised if they only kept 3 TEs on the 53 if Doyle is truly healthy. If that's the case, I think they keep Hentges on the PS and let Travis go. Travis's contract expires IIRC at the end of the year, so not PS eligible. If they do keep 4, I think Travis is the 4th with Hentges on the PS.

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

tenor.gif

18 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I believe the children are the future on this squad.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I hope for Wilson’s sake the media is just ignoring him and because rock is new he is getting the headlines. Because right now it seems he could be beating out Wilson.

Rock is the shiny new toy so of course thats all the media wants to cover. Wilson I see coming on more on third down to cover TEs and RBs, but so far from camp, Rock seems to have the leg up on the nickel package. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

@krunk Remember when we got lambasted for our prediction of Banogu being a defensive end AND how Okereke and Speed were gonna ball out.....!??!

The talk of Banogu being used as a LB'er never really sat right with me. Not because of how I thought he'd do at SAM but because it's already hard enough to become a good pass rusher in this league. Making him move all around as a rookie would've been difficult and only would've stunted his development there. Very unsurprised and glad to see that they've ended up strictly using him at DE so far.

As for Okereke and Speed, I hope their TC hype (especially Speed's) translates to Sunday's. Very interested to see Speed particularly in the 1st PS game.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we will find our more about the new guys when we see them in preseason games. Right now it looks good.

Yeah. These will be fun PS games to watch now that we have just a ton of young depth on defense who will see a lot of play. Ya-Sin, Banogu, Okereke, Speed, Willis, and Tell...and those are just the rookies. 

Also, on the offensive side, having a competent QB like Kelly behind Brissett for the 2nd/3rd quarters will hopefully do wonders for some of these bottom depth chart WR's and TE's to prove their worth.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With Lucks calf in limbo how much playing time do we think Brissett gets Thursday? Will they treat him as a starting QB and only play him a couple of series. Or maybe not at all.

I think they'll pretty much treat him as a starter. A few series depending on how fast/slow the 1st quarter goes. Then Kelly will play most of the 2nd/3rd quarters. And then they'll bring out Walker in the 4th to finish it off.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Has there been any reports on KWillis? I really didn't expect a bunch, but I don't think I recall hearing one thing about him.

The couple podcast I listened to today said he has looked great. It sounds like he could be a starter if we needed it. He is getting time with the first team.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The couple podcast I listened to today said he has looked great. It sounds like he could be a starter if we needed it. He is getting time with the first team.

I phoned up a buddy back in Indy who has been at camp. He told me he (Willis) was running with the ones, but wasn't a noticeable play maker while out there. My buddy did stress that most of the rooks and newcomers were getting time with the ones. He said the rooks that have impressed him so far are PC, Rock, and Speed. Said he needed to see more Banogu so couldn't really give an opinion on him. Said Okereke is inconsistent. Played great at times vs smaller WRs, but gets abused by speedy and big guys. He said he's most high on Cain. I should have asked him about Kindred as I haven't really heard anything about him either. I'll do that tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

All I can think of is they play him to much and gets injured. Then what if luck can’t play that first game. I bet he doesn’t get much time because a lot of starters won’t play. We can’t afford him to get injured.

We'll see, but I don't think the outlook on AL is bad enough to limit JB that much. Guess we'll see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Whatever metrics this FO is using is *bleeping* gold. GOLD I tell you!

Now Jacksonville good, I can see it though without the ego's that drag them down.

6 deep at corner

6 deep at linebacker

A LOT of talent at Safety, when not injured

Relentless defensive line with an added Superstar in Houston

Yessir, I can see it happening!

I like the players we have and the depth we have on just about every level. Especially at corner. We don't have a Jalen Ramsey or Bouye, but we have a lot of very good cornerbacks and young talent on this 2019 squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I took my 13 year old to camp yesterday.  It was or first time, but won't be the last!  What an experience it was for both of us.  Disappointed that Luck wasn't even on the field, even though I knew he wouldn't be practicing.  A lot of current starters didn't practice due to maintenance days for them.

However, it gave us a chance to see a lot of the rookies and younger players in action.  I can tell you that Darius Leonard keeps things loose on the field.  He was singing and dancing and having a blast!  Funchess didn't practice, but was engaging the fans and his teammates quite a bit.  Seems to be a real team player.

Got a few autographs afterward from rookies - Jackson Barton (super nice guy), Hale Hentges, the rookie camp kicker whose names escapes me now (he looked very good kicking FGs) and E. J. Speed.  Speed looked very good yesterday and he handed my son his gloves after he signed an autograph for him.  Very nice young man.

If you haven't been, please plan on attending sometime...it's well worth your time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I took my 13 year old to camp yesterday.  It was or first time, but won't be the last!  What an experience it was for both of us.  Disappointed that Luck wasn't even on the field, even though I knew he wouldn't be practicing.  A lot of current starters didn't practice due to maintenance days for them.

However, it gave us a chance to see a lot of the rookies and younger players in action.  I can tell you that Darius Leonard keeps things loose on the field.  He was singing and dancing and having a blast!  Funchess didn't practice, but was engaging the fans and his teammates quite a bit.  Seems to be a real team player.

Got a few autographs afterward from rookies - Jackson Barton (super nice guy), Hale Hentges, the rookie camp kicker whose names escapes me now (he looked very good kicking FGs) and E. J. Speed.  Speed looked very good yesterday and he handed my son his gloves after he signed an autograph for him.  Very nice young man.

If you haven't been, please plan on attending sometime...it's well worth your time!

There is a article I read about that FG Kicker and why he came to camp when we have AV. He Said he wanted to learn from him. Also smart because the colts most likely are going to need a new FG kicker soon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is a article I read about that FG Kicker and why he came to camp when we have AV. He Said he wanted to learn from him. Also smart because the colts most likely are going to need a new FG kicker soon.

I wish I could remember his name.  He's not on the roster on the website, but was listed in the program they handed out.  He was nailing kicks and I recall last year we released our camp kicker and he ended up with the Chargers, I believe.

Honestly, I know we're committed to AV this year, but he didn't look great yesterday.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is a bunch of cool interviews on the colts official podcast this week. IF anyone wants to know what Reich thinks of Funchess he says he can’t be more pleased with what he is seeing from him. He seems very excited to have him on the team. He brought that up without specifically being asked about him.

was there not a training camp today?

29 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

My son with his gloves from E.J. Speed.

67948201_1333851620102018_7130835885452427264_n.jpg

That's a happy looking kid, right there!  He'll remember that forever!  Glad you guys had a good time!

I saw your other post where you talked about how your son came to you through adoption.  That's awesome!  We adopted our son as well.  We were front row on the bleachers over on Field 2 in front of where Darius Leonard was warming up and getting us all hyped.  If you were on that side of the field too, I'm sure you saw my son (African-American toddler in a Hilton jersey) running all over the place and my wife (the only person I know who would show up to Colts training camp in a Patriots shirt and hat, lol).  Because little man was so rowdy we decided to stay over by Field 2 even though majority of the action was on Field 1.  Thought it would be better for all involved, haha.  We still had a great time!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

That's a happy looking kid, right there!  He'll remember that forever!  Glad you guys had a good time!

I saw your other post where you talked about how your son came to you through adoption.  That's awesome!  We adopted our son as well.  We were front row on the bleachers over on Field 2 in front of where Darius Leonard was warming up and getting us all hyped.  If you were on that side of the field too, I'm sure you saw my son (African-American toddler in a Hilton jersey) running all over the place and my wife (the only person I know who would show up to Colts training camp in a Patriots shirt and hat, lol).  Because little man was so rowdy we decided to stay over by Field 2 even though majority of the action was on Field 1.  Thought it would be better for all involved, haha.  We still had a great time!

Yes, after he got the gloves, I said, "I guess you have a new favorite player" and he said, Yep!

We sat over at Field 1, but I wish I could have seen your little man dancing.

The adoption has been fantastic.  He's been with us a little over 5 years now.  My wife lost her only daughter from a previous marriage, and my daughter from a previous marriage was off to college.  So, we had an empty nest and decided to adopt.

Congrats to you and your wife.  Unfortunately, there are so many kids who need good homes, but I'm glad there are folks out there willing to give a child a new home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

and I recall last year we released our camp kicker and he ended up with the Chargers, I believe.

Yeah, Michael Badgley. I remember he looked really good last preseason and being a little sad that we had no way of holding onto him. He'll be the next great kicker IMO.

The Colts have actually done a good job finding kickers in recent years mostly thanks to our old ST coach Tom McMahon. Ballard credited him with finding Rigo, and we had McManus (who's now the Broncos kicker being coached by McMahon), and even though he's struggled recently, Cody Parkey.

Not sure who found Badgley though since McMahon wasn't here last year. Could've just been Ballard, I guess.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

We adopted our son as well.  

18 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

The adoption has been fantastic.  He's been with us a little over 5 years now.  My wife lost her only daughter from a previous marriage, and my daughter from a previous marriage was off to college.  So, we had an empty nest and decided to adopt.

You guys are awesome!  Thanks for making a difference in these kids lives!!! People have no idea how many of these kids are in need of good homes. We plan on adopting in the near future.

Barry, sorry for you and your wife’s loss of her daughter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/2/2019 at 4:36 PM, HOZER said:

You guys are awesome!  Thanks for making a difference in these kids lives!!! People have no idea how many of these kids are in need of good homes. We plan on adopting in the near future.

Barry, sorry for you and your wife’s loss of her daughter.

Thank you...much appreciated.

• Like 1