Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 7

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was upset about the Funchess signing originally and now it's time to eat crow. I hope he's here for many, many years! :thmup:

it was a stupid stance en the beginning to be upset about a 1yr deal 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I wasn't upset at the one-year deal. I was upset that we signed him instead of Landon Collins, when it was down to us and the Redskins for his services.

We didn’t sign him though instead of Collins. We were never going to sign Collins at that price no matter what. Plus he wanted to play for the redskins.

29 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Perhaps actually seeing them play a game might be wise before we anoint the D.

Yeah, I really like what I'm hearing out of camp but I'm waiting to see how they do against better offenses than we played most of last season.

Not to mention, they've been mostly going against Brissett (who is doing well but has been intercepted on mostly poorly thrown balls) and Kelly. They did well against Luck in the red zone the other day but that's also the day he had his setback.

39 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I wasn't upset at the one-year deal. I was upset that we signed him instead of Landon Collins, when it was down to us and the Redskins for his services.

we have our star safety and he’s gonna be due for a contract. Collins isn’t special 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Perhaps actually seeing them play a game might be wise before we anoint the D.

What?  Are you saying I shouldn't have booked my Custom VIP Super Bowl package already?

Well, there's $15k down the drain...

4 hours ago, krunk said:

Most of the forum gave up on Grover, but not I.  Keep giving it to them big Grover!

I didn't read bad things about him, who's given up on him? Ther was no reason, 'cause he was the starting NT in the second part of the season as a sophomore. The Colts run D was fine with him.

The NFL is trending away from big, space eaters, but still, every team needs one guy on early downs, in goal line situations or if the offense goes max. prot. For the Colts, that guy is Stewart!

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I hope for Wilson’s sake the media is just ignoring him and because rock is new he is getting the headlines. Because right now it seems he could be beating out Wilson.

I wouldn't say they're ignoring him, I just read this piece on him the other day:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/07/28/finally-force-indianapolis-colts-quincy-wilsons-transformation-complete-weight-loss-percent-body-fat/1847359001/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It is looking like they may use him more in a safety or LB spot. They are using him as the Swiss Army knife against TE. If that is the case we might see rock in at outside corner quite a bit. It also mentioned Wilson in on blitzing packages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It is looking like they may use him more in a safety or LB spot. They are using him as the Swiss Army knife against TE. If that is the case we might see rock in at outside corner quite a bit.

Yeah, the last time Ballard talked about Quincy he said they really like his versatility and that they'll move him around a lot on defense. Praised his football IQ in that respect.

1 hour ago, MFT5 said:

we have our star safety and he’s gonna be due for a contract. Collins isn’t special 

He's very good, but not highest paid safety in the league good. I think a lot of people, myself included, really wanted us to get him since we passed on him for Dorsett in '15, like it would undo some kind of curse or something.

• Like 1

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's very good, but not highest paid safety in the league good. I think a lot of people, myself included, really wanted us to get him since we passed on him for Dorsett in '15, like it would undo some kind of curse or something.

This is the first year that hooker has come into camp healthy with no surgeries. I think we will see him be who we thought he was finally. Not to mention all the passing teams we are playing.

Okereke, at a couple of points, was given the chance to team with Darius Leonard and fellow rookie E.J. Speed, a fifth-round pick who continues to turn heads with his sideline-to-sideline ability. Speed — a player who has caught the attention of Leonard — seemed to be everywhere early in practice, arriving at full tilt, although at one point he may have overrun Hines on a pitch to the left and have opened a cutback lane.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/01/indianapolis-colts-linebackers-bobby-okereke-ej-speed-darius-leonard-anthony-walker/1865704001/

I'm pumped to check out Mr. EJ Speed!  Can't wait to see him live.

If he's catching Leonards eye then he's doing some things right out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I totally agree. The infatuation with this guy was all about a missed opportunity, as well as the disappointment with Dorsett. I am so glad the Colts didn't spend the $ for Collins. He's very good; just not crazy money good. Ballard once again showing how to run a franchise. The best GM in the business. 

6 hours ago, krunk said:

If you've seen any of my previous posts for this years D I've said they will probably be as good as Jacksonvilles unit.  We've got that type of talent this year.

Wow!  Thats a bold statement.

I am "Captain Optimistic", and even i didnt dare to hope that.

THAT would be awesome!!

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

Greatness is by yourself

"There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
And if you go no one may follow
That path is for your steps alone. "

Greatness is a road. It's no simple highway, with long days and hard nights. It is a journey by yourself and no one can follow, as it's the work you and only you can put in. 

There's my Grateful Dead reference for the day. Jim Irsay would be proud. 

• Like 1