Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 7

27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This has been a spirated practice. So I wonder if Stewart is under 300lbs. I thought EJ Speed would only make the PS but he is showing up. 

Grover was listed around 330 last season.
 If you look at this years roster he is at 315. The "New Grover".
  We ARE Desperate for faster LB's than we had for depth last season. THAT was our weak link. Speed and Okereke were added to fix that. We will see.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Some young guys bringing the heat on defense it sounds like. I love it. Defense continues to look up big time. Love the clips of rock in tight coverage. His use of hips is incredible. Ballard is building a hard hitting, athletic defense and it has me excited...

I hope for Wilson’s sake the media is just ignoring him and because rock is new he is getting the headlines. Because right now it seems he could be beating out Wilson.

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Grover was listed around 330 last season.
 If you look at this years roster he is at 315. The "New Grover".
  We ARE Desperate for faster LB's than we had for depth last season. THAT was our weak link. Speed and Okereke were added to fix that. We will see.

super_grover_by_cheapescape.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I hope for Wilson’s sake the media is just ignoring him and because rock is new he is getting the headlines. Because right now it seems he could be beating out Wilson.

This isn't really totally unexpected.... the competition is thick, One will most likely start, one won't, if Wilson is beat out, he's beat out, no biggie.  Best man wins.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

This isn't really totally unexpected.... the competition is thick, One will most likely start, one won't, if Wilson is beat out, he's beat out, no biggie.  Best man wins.

I was getting ready to say something similar to Shafty. Rock beating Wilson out to be a starter doesn't mean Wilson hasn't improved or isn't good enough. It means we are damn deep at a position that has been seriously depleted and lost a lot of football games for us throughout Luck's career. Both of those guys will be on the field plenty this season, sometimes even together. The competition is perfect. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I was getting ready to say something similar to Shafty. Rock beating Wilson out to be a starter doesn't mean Wilson hasn't improved or isn't good enough. It means we are damn deep at a position that has been seriously depleted and lost a lot of football games for us throughout Luck's career. Both of those guys will be on the field plenty this season, sometimes even together. The competition is perfect. 

We can keep guys fresh in games which is going to be huge. This defense is looking scary.

Was there this morning. Just a couple notes. Rigo was the first out followed by Turray, Rhodes and Kelly. I had no idea how shredded Ya-Sin was. E.J Speed looks ridiculous too. Krishawn Hogan was looking very good along with Ishmal and Fountain. I know some dont like him but Chad Kelly looks really good. I will easily take him over Phillip Walker. Defense was very stout today. Lots and lots of pressure. They arent lying about Hinteges showing up at camp. I was very surprised by his play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, twfish said:

Was there this morning. Just a couple notes. Rigo was the first out followed by Turray, Rhodes and Kelly. I had no idea how shredded Ya-Sin was. E.J Speed looks ridiculous too. Krishawn Hogan was looking very good along with Ishmal and Fountain. I know some dont like him but Chad Kelly looks really good. I will easily take him over Phillip Walker. Defense was very stout today. Lots and lots of pressure. They arent lying about Hinteges showing up at camp. I was very surprised by his play.

Travis might get beat out if we keep four TE. Thanks for the recap. I think I would also take Kelly over Walker. I think he brings more experience and upside. Depending on lucks situation we might only keep 2 QB. 

The defense is going to be fun. That WR group is going to be tough. It’s going to be interesting to see if Pascal or Rogers stays. I think the preseason games will tell a lot.

Just now, krunk said:

If you've seen any of my previous posts for this years D I've said they will probably be as good as Jacksonvilles unit.  We've got that type of talent this year.

If it’s that good and luck is 100% we are going to be a beast and will go to a SB.  If we have a jags D with this offense shut the door.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Yeah, and the same guy who helped Luck out of his shoulder problems.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, plus Luck worked with him after his shoulder surgery as well.

then I'd say he's in good hands.  

• Like 1

I wonder if Turay could take Sheards starting spot with him out. He has looked really good.

Kind of a little Delima with sheard. He has to be on the 53 man roster before they can put him on IR. So they might have to cut someone then put sheard on IR then the sign them. The person they do this with can’t be waiver claim eligible because we will lose him. Going to be interesting to see if he is ready before roster cuts. Do you think think this could make it s possibility we just cut Sheard? That would seem kind of cold after having the injury.