Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

directv with no cbs channels

teresa0955

On 7/31/2019 at 8:29 PM, teresa0955 said:

how are others on direct tv going to watch the games shown on cbs?

Nexstar is having a financial dispute with DirecTV, and their stations, including the local ABC channel in my area, are off the air. Depending on where you live, you may have lost NBC, CBS, Fox and/or ABC plus a bunch of "junk channels". My CBS local channel is not Nexstar, so it's still available.  ABC has seemingly morphed into the Bachelor(ette)/Game Show Channel, so I don't think I'll miss it if it never comes back. Sunday Ticket is a separate deal with the NFL, so it should still be OK. 

I do have Direct TV,  I no longer have CBS, most of my favorite shows are on CBS. I was waiting till the end of July to see if they were going to correct situation. I am now shopping for a service to supply what I want. they are not bashful in charging me. But they are close to not getting anymore of my money. I am already paying extra for the NFL network. So yes I am shopping

10 hours ago, onebad150 said:

I do have Direct TV,  I no longer have CBS, most of my favorite shows are on CBS. I was waiting till the end of July to see if they were going to correct situation. I am now shopping for a service to supply what I want. they are not bashful in charging me. But they are close to not getting anymore of my money. I am already paying extra for the NFL network. So yes I am shopping

I'll be getting an HD indoor antenna if this isn't resolved soon.  One time cost but the OTA channels like CBS/FOX/ABC/PBS are free, provided you live close enough to the broadcast tower. The antennas have pretty wide ranges. CBS is definitely my favorite local station. I also enjoy CBSSPORTS which got pulled as well. I'm so ready to pull the plug and cancel my DTV. Unfortunately,  they've got me by the shorthairs with their exclusive Sunday Ticket rights, since my wife and I are fans of different teams (neither of which are the local team). The second there's an alternative streaming option, the cord is getting cut. I've priced it out and I can get basically every channel that I actually watch, plus a couple extra subscribtions (Hulu, ESPN+, etc) for less than half of what I'm paying now. I imagine that's why DTV pays the NFL the $1.5B per year. They know they'll lose A TON of customers if they can't be the only option for out of market fans.  Great for the NFL.... less so for its fans.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:42 PM, Fluke_33 said:

I don’t have Directv anymore but when I did I bought an indoor had antenna.  It got all the local major networks and was very clear.   Definitely worth the cost.  

Exactly!!! Any antenna should allow your TV mode on your TV to be tuned to the over the air channels. That is the mode I go to any time Brighthouse Networks (Spectrum now) or any other over the air channels have an issue with cable/satellite providers resulting in no channel televised for a brief period of time.

Lots of the over-the-air channels you get via antenna transmit in HD, at least 720 p for the most part, there is that too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

That is the mode I go to any time Brighthouse Networks (Spectrum now) or any other over the air channels have an issue with cable/satellite providers resulting in no channel televised for a brief period of time.

And it happens over & over with every provider. An outdoor antenna isn't a bad investment either for very reliable service and channels up to 75 miles away

You can get the steaming option for Sunday Ticket without Direct TV.  When  you sign up enter your "address" (use an apartment address, its assumed that satellites are not allowed) and it will allow you to buy the streaming Sunday Ticket.  Still costs $300 however but you don't need Direct TV.  I live in an apartment in Louisiana and it worked for me last year.  You can also buy the NFL gamepass for $99 to stream to your smart TV to watch all the preseason games.   

Joseph.  

• 2 weeks later...

You tube TV .   Cheap . Lots of stations .   including Locals.   49.00 per month for 6 TV's .  3 streams  at once.   

Need good internet though...  I know all this because I sell internet.   And am a Dishnetwork and Directv retailer.    I wont sell it anymore .   Not worth it.   So now I concentrate on selling only internet.  Its fast available anywhere and its not satellite so there are no data caps or throttling.  

Even though I'm a retailer I tell everyone to get rid of directv, or dishnetwork .