Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
csmopar

Andrew Luck Injury (Merge)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He said there was no tear. If there is no tear there is nothing to do surgery on. I still think by compensating for the bad calf he it caused pain elsewsre. Hopefully rehab will get him going again soon. He won’t practice again today

Lets hope the rehab works and the team/Luck is being honest in the nature of the injury. 

 

3 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Do you know how and when this injury occurred?

Not certain, many are speculating it was late April, early May perhaps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a important note. This shows the calf is healed but his leg is weak from the bad calf. This is actually really good news.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is Reichs press conference from today. He pretty much said the calf was healed now they are just trying to strengthen the area.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Idk, the glitter for me has worn off from how good Jacoby really is. He gave us the value of a slinger like a Harbaugh did when he came in and sling the ball all over the place and gave a tired old crappy team a thrill for 1 season. Harbaugh was average before he got here and besides the 1 magical season to get a base energized, he was really just an average guy. So is Jacoby from what we’ve seen in his last live fire experiences last season. Let’s see him in the preseason games first before I get any bit of excitement again from him. 

 

So far as backups go, we could do a lot worse.  There probably aren’t but a small handful of teams who have better #2 QBs than JB.

 

The problem, so far as his marketability, is that he’s probably just below the caliber of being a passable #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about Jacoby we don’t know how he would fair if he had a great team around him. He was thrown to the wolves in 2017 with a terrible team. He has the arm to make any nfl throw.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

 

So far as backups go, we could do a lot worse.  There probably aren’t but a small handful of teams who have better #2 QBs than JB.

 

The problem, so far as his marketability, is that he’s probably just below the caliber of being a passable #1.

 

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The thing about Jacoby we don’t know how he would fair if he had a great team around him. He was thrown to the wolves in 2017 with a terrible team. He has the arm to make any nfl throw.

The post I made about JB wasn’t really as a slight to him, rather I guess just the tempered expectations of what having to use your back up means. I don’t believe there is one person on this forum believes for a second that the talents of JB are anywhere near what Luck’s is. With Luck in and healthy, this team is loaded for a run but just on the cusp and it’s all based on paper expectations. With JB, or any back up QB, this team may only be an 8-8 team, maybe. Having Luck gets you 3-4 extra wins I believe. Heck, you wonder what this Kelly kid will bring to the table as he gains reps and stays grounded. He has a positive up chart as well as JB. Let’s just hope we don’t have to use either of the back ups all season except preseason and mop up time. It will be nice to see what JB has in him for the buffalo game with starters in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 5:08 PM, Jdubu said:

Lets hope the rehab works and the team/Luck is being honest in the nature of the injury. 

 

I've seen nothing thus far to make me feel Luck might/will not be a healthy 100% when Colts line up vs. the Chargers.

 

On 8/3/2019 at 5:08 PM, Jdubu said:

Not certain, many are speculating it was late April, early May perhaps. 

 

Exact date is relatively immaterial.  But that seems a good estimate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 5:18 PM, CanuckColt said:

One concern with Andrew's 'mild calf strain' is how well it holds up to getting hit in a real game. Do we think that opposing D players are going to 'take it easy' on him or try to knock him out of the game (perhaps many games). He is going to be a target if he has a known weakness. I doubt if Andrew plays anywhere near 16 games.

 

How'd that strategy work for opposing teams last year?  The throwing shoulder seems to be a bigger weakness than a strained calf muscle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying this is same situation but what Luck is doing is right. Last year Castonzo tried rushing back from a hamstring and had multiple setbacks. He end up missing 4 weeks because of it. Sure I would like luck to come back Asap but he definetly has to do what's right to get ready for the Opener. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who wants to minimize this is foolish. This team is not going to be in sync week one and expectations are going down the toilet.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone who wants to minimize this is foolish. This team is not going to be in sync week one and expectations are going down the toilet.

 

 

:groan:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone who wants to minimize this is foolish. This team is not going to be in sync week one and (my) expectations are going down the toilet.

I assume the word I added would be ok?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chloe, it’ll be okay. I promise.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of you are taking this way to light. If you think this isn’t going to effect the first game you really are foolish. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck has had less practice then he had last year coming off that shoulder. He even got playing time in all four pee season games. Not to mention he didn’t even participate in OTA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe there is anyway he is ready for the regular season.  And even if he does come back for that, he will have had no time and practice with the other starters.

 

Read on another board that he also has  a high ankle sprain from the offseason that he suffered from you guessed it.  Snowboarding!

 

If that is at all true?  I will have lost a ton of respect for Mr. Andrew Luck after what happened with the shoulder..

 

But hey!  Trust the process!

 

Processing......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I don't believe there is anyway he is ready for the regular season.  And even if he does come back for that, he will have had no time and practice with the other starters.

 

Read on another board that he also has  a high ankle sprain from the offseason that he suffered from you guessed it.  Snowboarding!

 

If that is at all true?  I will have lost a ton of respect for Mr. Andrew Luck after what happened with the shoulder..

 

But hey!  Trust the process!

 

Processing......

I don’t believe that about the snow boarding lol.

This tweet sums it up from Zak. It is all very weird. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

:groan:

Temper the expectations im starting to lose patience with luck if this calf becomes an issue through out the season I am saying although I will get a ton of backlash for this time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me thinks the Colts weren’t 100% honest about how bad the original injury was.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t believe that about the snow boarding lol.

This tweet sums it up from Zak. It is all very weird. 

 

 

Apparently a Daniel Wilson reported the high ankle sprain from snowboarding 2 days ago on DD.

 

Not sure about the merits of it.

 

That being said, this cannot just be a calf strain at this point.  Frank still says he is suffering pain, 4 months after it was first reported.  I have had plenty of calf strains.  Most take a week or two at most to get over.  No way this is that.  Either that or Luck has the healing abilities of a 90 year old man.

 

Trust the process though!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not surprising. As soon as they announced he was out for the 1st preseason game it seemed pretty apparent that he wouldn't be practicing for quite a while.

If I had to take an uneducated guess, I doubt we see him practice until late August at the earliest, if not only in the lead up to the season opener. Seriously doubt we see him in any PS games.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Apparently a Daniel Wilson reported the high ankle sprain from snowboarding 2 days ago on DD.

 

Not sure about the merits of it.

 

That being said, this cannot just be a calf strain at this point.  Frank still says he is suffering pain, 4 months after it was first reported.  I have had plenty of calf strains.  Most take a week or two at most to get over.  No way this is that.  Either that or Luck has the healing abilities of a 90 year old man.

 

Trust the process though!

If that is true wow. But how does even a ankle sprain take that much time to heal. TY recovered fast from his.

 

I agree it’s not the calf.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am minimizing it, so I guess I am foolish. When he plays on opening day I will be lmao  at the people worrying about this. I will admit, I would like to see him play some in the 3rd pre-season game because the starters normally do in that game but if he doesn't, he doesn't.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reich said he will not return to practice Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  I hope that means he's not doing any work.  He needs to stay off his feet and rest the calf.  Taking snaps and working on plays and fakes and handoffs is not resting it IMO.  After all of this so called rest he still has a degree of pain he's not comfortable with.  Seriously?  This makes me wonder if our medical staff really knows what they are doing.   Rest means REST!   My confidence level of him being pain free and ready to go week one is quickly going downhill.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am minimizing it, so I guess I am foolish. When he plays on opening day I will be lmao  at the people worrying about this. I will admit, I would like to see him play some in the 3rd pre-season game because the starters normally do in that game but if he doesn't, he doesn't.

At this point, there is something more then they (or Luck) is not comfortable in disclosing.  This injury is taking much longer then you would expect from a high level, in shape person.  I am starting to think he will be out for the full preseason and hope to get him practicing the last 10 days to 2 weeks before the regular season starts.  If rest since April didn't fix it, 3 more days won't either.  JB better start looking a lot sharper....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Reich said he will not return to practice Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  I hope that means he's not doing any work.  He needs to stay off his feet and rest the calf.  Taking snaps and working on plays and fakes and handoffs is not resting it IMO.  After all of this so called rest he still has a degree of pain he's not comfortable with.  Seriously?  This makes me wonder if our medical staff really knows what they are doing.   Rest means REST!   My confidence level of him being pain free and ready to go week one is quickly going downhill.  

You also have to wonder if the shoulder issues scarred Luck for life when it comes to playing with pain.  Remember this is the same guy who played with rib and kidney issues 4 years ago, which has to be way more painful than a 'strained calf'.

 

Has the shoulder injury made him so paranoid about any amount of pain that he is become a little girl when it comes to playing through injuries?  He always seemed like a OCD kind of guy to me, this may be some of that coming out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone who still thinks this is a calf injury is naive.

Maybe it is his Achilles and Luck is lying and so is Irsay so we can sell tickets lmao :funny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Some of you are taking this way to light. If you think this isn’t going to effect the first game you really are foolish. 

 

 

 

I'm not taking this to light.  I'm taking this to peace and happiness.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe it is his Achilles and Luck is lying and so is Irsay so we can sell tickets lmao :funny:

He isn’t limping or anything and he looked fine in practice those two days. I dont think that. I do believe though something else is going on and it was never the calf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

At this point, there is something more then they (or Luck) is not comfortable in disclosing.  This injury is taking much longer then you would expect from a high level, in shape person.  I am starting to think he will be out for the full preseason and hope to get him practicing the last 10 days to 2 weeks before the regular season starts.  if rest since April doesn't fix it, 3 more days won't either. JB better start looking a lot sharper....

That has been my point all along.  An entire spring/summer doesn't heal the thing, (remember he didn't participate in any summer workouts) but a week or two during training camp, while still walking through plays mind you, will?

 

Righttttttttttttttttttttttt.

 

Wait for it....imo he has no shot of playing opening day unless he either magically heals or whatever is going on in his head goes away.

 

Prozac???  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, threeflight said:

You also have to wonder if the shoulder issues scarred Luck for life when it comes to playing with pain.  Remember this is the same guy who played with rib and kidney issues 4 years ago, which has to be way more painful than a 'strained calf'.

 

Has the shoulder injury made him so paranoid about any amount of pain that he is become a little girl when it comes to playing through injuries?  He always seemed like a OCD kind of guy to me, this may be some of that coming out.

He threw for 39 TD's and 4500 Yards and led us to 10 wins, so his shoulder is fine. If he could put up those kinds of numbers with a bad shoulder than he's the greatest QB of all-time by a mile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He isn’t limping or anything and he looked fine in practice those two days. I dont think that. I do believe though something else is going on and it was never the calf.

I noticed that too.  Thought it was really odd.

 

I saw him kind of go through half way practices and he didn't limp, didn't favor the leg, wasn't rubbing it or stretching it.

 

Bizarre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t believe that about the snow boarding lol.

This tweet sums it up from Zak. It is all very weird. 

 

 

Could be that it's been a high ankle sprain (tear?) all along.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He threw for 39 TD's and 4500 Yards and led us to 10 wins, so his shoulder is fine. If he could put up those kinds of numbers with a bad shoulder than he's the greatest QB of all-time by a mile.

That poster was talking about if his shoulder was fine. It is. It’s what that injury did to him mentally when it comes to aches and pains.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

You also have to wonder if the shoulder issues scarred Luck for life when it comes to playing with pain.  Remember this is the same guy who played with rib and kidney issues 4 years ago, which has to be way more painful than a 'strained calf'.

 

Has the shoulder injury made him so paranoid about any amount of pain that he is become a little girl when it comes to playing through injuries?  He always seemed like a OCD kind of guy to me, this may be some of that coming out.

Luck stated that he learned from his past experience, which is something smart people tend to do. Pesky, I know.

 

1. He learned not to rush back from injuries. I imagine that he did rush back, you would be the first person to point blame at him.

 

2. He has to make a cost/benefit analysis. There is a cost to missing out on time with his receivers (teammates) and it has to be evaluated against making sure his body is right. He knows that he cannot be effective if his body is not right. So, for Luck, it makes more sense to skip out on meaningless preseason games and take the time and proper steps to let his body heal.

 

Luck is a smart and calculated. You make him out to be some mental case.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Apparently a Daniel Wilson reported the high ankle sprain from snowboarding 2 days ago on DD.

 

Not sure about the merits of it.

 

That being said, this cannot just be a calf strain at this point.  Frank still says he is suffering pain, 4 months after it was first reported.  I have had plenty of calf strains.  Most take a week or two at most to get over.  No way this is that.  Either that or Luck has the healing abilities of a 90 year old man.

 

Trust the process though!

OR perhaps he keep re-injuring the darn thing with his lifting routines.

Apparently he is lifting heavier all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

Could be that it's been a high ankle sprain (tear?) all along.

 

They did say they discussed surgery.  Why discuss it if there was no issue and all it needs is rest.  That's why I don't think we see him at all in preseason and would not be shocked if he has to have surgery before, during or after this season.  something undisclosed is going on that rest isn't fixing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they don’t put him out in front of the media the next few days it’s going to be even more bizarre.

 

I wish we had a reporter in Indy that was actually doing their job and would find out the real story.

 

It makes you wonder if he was injured in that KC game. Still it should not take 8 months to heal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...