Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Injury (Merge)

csmopar

21 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm 70/30 on whether Luck will start opening day right now. I don't believe he has an achilles injury, but I believe his calf/ankle injury is probably worse than reported, and there's some dishonesty going on with his timetable to return with a slight chance of surgery.

Yep.  There's a big article on Colts.com about what a great camp Brissett is having. It could be that we are being prepared for Jacoby to start the season.

If  Andrew doesn't play in pre-season and Brissett plays very little and we see a lot of Chad Kelly and Phillip Walker then if points to Brissett starting with Andrew on the sidelines.

36 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

My only concern is that we've been through this before and Luck ended up on IR without playing a snap.  

I really hope that isn't the case here.  

Yeah.  It's starting to smell like he going to miss some games.

4 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....preparing for starting?

"preparing for starting" yeah preparing to hold a clip board for 16 games. If you think Luck is really injured badly as you been posting than that is funny. Luck will play all 16 games, well maybe 15 if we get HFA by game 15 lmao 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

One could argue that he would be more at risk of injury because he would also be playing behind an inferior O-line.   Also he would be facing lots of players who are trying to make a name for themselves.

I am not endorsing the OP idea but if Luck is out there you can bet the farm on the rest of the starting offense being out there.

7 hours ago, coltsva said:

Dear ColtStrong,

So let me see if I understand your hypothetical:

A backup QB comes in and out performs the injured franchise QB, AND leads his team to the playoffs, AND then a Super Bowl victory? This could never happen again. What kind of fantasy land do you live in?

Sincerely,

Carson Wentz

You don't want to know my fantasies...

According to a CBS Sports article 'Inside Colts Camp', Andrew admits that he was not ready for training camp even though he said he would be...his calf was not healing as he expected.

He is now targeting week 1 to return and we should expect to see nothing of Andrew in the preseason.

Edited by CanuckColt
error

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

According to a CBS Sports article 'Inside Colts Camp', Andrew admits that he was not ready for training camp even though he said he would be...his calf was not healing as he expected.

He is now targeting week 1 to return and we will see nothing of Andrew in the preseason.

Andrew mentioned all of that in his press conference the other day. Nothing new.

2 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

I’m not terribly concerned about this....yet.  But, obviously, we all have memories of Luck’s injuries tending to hang around longer than we’re made to expect.

That said, if it does turn out to be a bigger problem than it looks, thank God we still have Jacoby.

Idk, the glitter for me has worn off from how good Jacoby really is. He gave us the value of a slinger like a Harbaugh did when he came in and sling the ball all over the place and gave a tired old crappy team a thrill for 1 season. Harbaugh was average before he got here and besides the 1 magical season to get a base energized, he was really just an average guy. So is Jacoby from what we’ve seen in his last live fire experiences last season. Let’s see him in the preseason games first before I get any bit of excitement again from him. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I'm starting to believe Luck is either injury prone or a slow healer.

Slow healer for certain. Not sure about injury prone yet. It would be easier to detail if we had actual, true information about what the actual injury is.  I just have to think this is an Achilles in some degree of injury or strain and they are going extreme conservative in resting it and just hoping it heals without surgery before opening season game. 

3 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Slow healer for certain. Not sure about injury prone yet. It would be easier to detail if we had actual, true information about what the actual injury is.  I just have to think this is an Achilles in some degree of injury or strain and they are going extreme conservative in resting it and just hoping it heals without surgery before opening season game. 

He said there was no tear. If there is no tear there is nothing to do surgery on. I still think by compensating for the bad calf he it caused pain elsewsre. Hopefully rehab will get him going again soon. He won’t practice again today

7 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

That’s what my take is lately as well. Slows healer. Any time for ALL of his injuries have been on the longer side of things. 

13 hours ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

Jmv on his podcast told Mike Chappel he has a source where he was told not to worry about Luck. We shall see but JMV is someone I trust with his source.

Do you have a link to this? Would like to hear a that. Take away some of the stress haha

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Starts at 3:28 and Chappel says at the 6:28 mark that he's not questioning his sources. I can't find the actual link where he says his source tells him not to worry. But in this link he does say what he was told is not worry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

Starts at 3:28 and Chappel says at the 6:28 mark that he's not questioning his sources. I can't find the actual link where he says his source tells him not to worry. But in this link he does say what he was told is not worry

Very interesting stuff in that podcast...My biggest take away reading the tea leaves is that he has been medically cleared as everything is sound, but hasn’t gotten over the mental aspect of the injury yet. The green light will come from him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Do you know how and when this injury occurred?

My question is this.

IF he had 3 months to heal over the summer, when he wasn't in full out practice and game mode and could take it easy, and it didn't heal....how is he going to heal in a month when he is supposed to practice and play games.....which is putting way more stress on the leg than during the summer?

Odds are not good.

On 8/1/2019 at 8:47 PM, ColtStrong2013 said:

Here's an unlikely scenario for you... Brissett plays the first half of the season, and this team lights up 7-1. What do you do if Luck is somewhat healthy. Furthermore. What if they sit Luck becuase of the 7-1 start, and JB falls just short of a SB. Furthermore. What if he WINS a SB? Omg. :woah:

What if...a frog had wings?

If …...If Andrew misses any regular season games(again I say IF !) . My gut says the upper management of this franchise might not be as trusted as it was . And if that does happen it might take decent amount of time to be trusted again. WHY ? (To me anyway ) I never heard any word all off season that we had an issue (health-wise) at our QB position. And do not try to sell me that this is a surprise to everyone …….AGAIN my gut says Andrew starts game 1 regular season .

36 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

If …...If Andrew misses any regular season games(again I say IF !) . My gut says the upper management of this franchise might not be as trusted as it was . And if that does happen it might take decent amount of time to be trusted again. WHY ? (To me anyway ) I never heard any word all off season that we had an issue (health-wise) at our QB position. And do not try to sell me that this is a surprise to everyone …….AGAIN my gut says Andrew starts game 1 regular season .

Sigh...   Lots of opinion, which you’re entitled to.   But no facts and nothing that would show you know anything about the NFL.

Upper management might not be trusted as much?   By whom?   The owner?   By you?   By the rest of the fan base?    Get serious.

Forget the off-season....   did you not hear when Luck came to camp that he wasn’t 100 percent?    Did you not read here that Luck had a set-back in camp?   Both were written about by those who work for the website and by posters like you and me.

So you show up now and find out there’s a problem and you think the front office can’t be trusted?

Goodness gracious. 

You’re a good poster.  You should know better than this.    

On 8/1/2019 at 6:18 PM, CanuckColt said:

One concern with Andrew's 'mild calf strain' is how well it holds up to getting hit in a real game. Do we think that opposing D players are going to 'take it easy' on him or try to knock him out of the game (perhaps many games). He is going to be a target if he has a known weakness. I doubt if Andrew plays anywhere near 16 games.

They won't take it easy on him.  If they can get to him, they'll try to knock his block off... legally  (no head or lower legs)

On 8/1/2019 at 6:51 PM, BigQungus said:

If you're specifically trying to target an area, usually that comes at the expense of getting the best angle for a regular tackle. So there's that. But the other thing is that that would literally apply to any injury to a high profile person in the league.

This, and that targeting or lunging at the knees and /or lower legs on a QB is a major penalty (unless the defender was physically blocked or fouled into the QB).  Not from any defender, even from a guy already blocked down onto the ground. (Brady Rule revision).

4 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I'm starting to believe Luck is either injury prone

Or just unlucky...

4 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

or a slow healer.

You think?

{I've been beating this drum for a few years now}

• Like 1

3 hours ago, threeflight said:

My question is this.

IF he had 3 months to heal over the summer, when he wasn't in full out practice and game mode and could take it easy, and it didn't heal....how is he going to heal in a month when he is supposed to practice and play games.....which is putting way more stress on the leg than during the summer?

Odds are not good.

I’ve been thinking about that as well, and from my own experience of setbacks, it could be that from those three months he thought he was 100%, yet didn’t realize where he actually was in terms of recovery yet. It’s entirely possible that had he done some of the June workouts he would have quickly realized “oh, I’m not there yet...”. I don’t blame him for what’s happening, he knows the stakes and expectations this season. 

The human body is a finnicky and complex entity. My hope is that with him being honest with himself and the staff he can get the rehab he needs, both mentally and physically. A lot of baseball players struggle with this after major injuries.