Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Injury (Merge)

csmopar

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am already laughing so you can join me on opening day and laugh too. You do know we are underdogs in that 1st game so if we lose do not be surprised. A lot of people think we will lose that anyway regardless if Luck practices. I think we can win as long as Luck is out there but that is one of our tougher games on the schedule. If we start 0-1, I will not panic, we almost always do. 

If we start 1-5... I'll start getting pumped for what is to come. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Bull, soft tissue issues can linger and niggle for a long long time. Maybe they’re being massively over cautious here and pulling him at the first sign of any discomfort. 

Without actual access to the clinical notes we’re all just guessing. The fact he’s not scheduled to have follow ups is encouraging. 

There you go again, using the n-word.   Which I believe can be used to aptly describe this thread.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I really hope in four weeks after the chargers game we can come back to this thread and laugh. I hope the defense plays strong in LA to give us a little time to find our rhythm.

Laugh at your overreaction or that you were right because Luck didn’t look “sharp?” You seriously don’t want this team to lose so that you can prove to all of us “naive” folk that you were right, do you? He’s injured...I get it...and the team may or may not be 100% honest on what’s going on, who knows, they do have a business to run and seats to fill, you know the whole thing that keeps this team functioning? There’s nothing ANY of us fans can do about this situation, but to hope and pray that he’s ok. Name calling does nothing. Overreaction does nothing. Saying reporters should “do their  job”does nothing(seriously, what more can they do other then what they’ve been told already, without of course violating HIPPA?)Saying we should draft a replacement qb as some have suggested is downright ridiculous at this point. People need to take a deep breath and relax, and also remember everything this man has done for this team through the years of terrible line play and playcalling and getting the absolute snot knocked out of him in the process.

4609F253-EC7E-4989-AD1D-50BA2930990D.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. I obviously meant laugh as we had no reason to be concerned and we light it up. Why would I want them to lose just to prove a point. That is ridiculous.

A lot of the over reaction I have read on this thread has been ridiculous, so I was double checking. 

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Maybe it would ease fans minds if they got into more detail on what he is doing to build chemistry with his receivers. They have said some things but it has been pretty vague.

To be Frank, pun intended, it’s none of your business, my business or anyone else outside of the coaching staff what Luck is and isn’t doing. 

Period.

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

No, but the fact that he's in enough pain 3.5 months after the fact that he can't practice should be cause for concern if you ask me.

They’ve said multiple times that if this were a regular season game day, he’d be good to go. So I think this is more of a let’s get it 100 percent no pain before doing something stupid 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

At 3:15 Peter king mentions how Andrew is not remotely worried about it and will be ready week 1. Sure hope its true.

I watched that earlier. Peter king didn’t sound convinced. I think there is no question he will be ready. That doesn’t mean the team will be ready on offense and be sharp.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I watched that earlier. Peter king didn’t sound convinced. I think there is no question he will be ready. That doesn’t mean the team will be ready on offense and be sharp.

I think he's convinced and I think if he was worried he would of said it. I do agree. I think Andrew may not be as sharp but let's hope the team Ballard put together stops the Chargers. The defense in my mind is much better and with the o-line in year 2 and a healthy mack they can take the pressure of luck. The Chargers are really good but I feel like we match up really well compare to some other teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

I think he's convinced and I think if he was worried he would of said it. I do agree. I think Andrew may not be as sharp but let's hope the team Ballard put together stops the Chargers. The defense in my mind is much better and with the o-line in year 2 and a healthy mack they can take the pressure of luck. The Chargers are really good but I feel like we match up really well compare to some other teams.

I wonder if he might be throwing to the WR outside of practice. It’s just sad we wont see him against the browns.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wonder if he might be throwing to the WR outside of practice. It’s just sad we wont see him against the browns.

I'm sure he could be. Plus he has experience with ty, doyle, ebron, rogers and cox. The only ones are Campbell and Funchess but i don't think it will take long. Missing practices are a concern but hopefully he will start after browns preseason game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

One good thing is we returned almost all the starters on offense. He doesn’t need time with Ebron or TY or Doyle. The oline is intact. That probably helps in this situation. He likes big bodies so it should not take long with DF. Campbell was going to be worked in slow anyway.

Exactly. Ill say this. If they lose to the Chargers it's not the end of the world. They're a great team. I just want to make sure we can hang with them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, threeflight said:

It really is tough to say.  If it is more in his head than his leg?  Than yes I would rather have him  practicing.

If it is an ankle and he hurt it snowboarding as one reporter is saying?  That is 100% Lucks fault and he should be held accountable and he probably should have had surgery early on.

If it is a calf?  Then he is the slowest healer in the history of mankind.

IF it is a combo calf-ankle and he really is that badly hurt?  Than the Colts should be more upfront about it.

Lots of ifs.  Just don't have enough info available right now. 

Sad to say but this reminds me exactly of the Manning neck and Luck shoulder situation. 

Lingering.....

Processing......

Man, you are like a professional speculator extraordinaire.

Are you trying to rouse the rabble or something?

9PXg9i.gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Reich said he will not return to practice Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  I hope that means he's not doing any work.  He needs to stay off his feet and rest the calf.  Taking snaps and working on plays and fakes and handoffs is not resting it IMO.  After all of this so called rest he still has a degree of pain he's not comfortable with.  Seriously?  This makes me wonder if our medical staff really knows what they are doing.   Rest means REST!   My confidence level of him being pain free and ready to go week one is quickly going downhill.  

Totally agree!! This just doesn't look good at all my excitement level was sky high before all this now it has dwindled down almost nothing. This is going to linger into the season I just know it. I'm like somebody else said on here does medical staff even know what there doing? We don't have a healthy Luck this team is going from a possible 13-3 team to a 6-10 at best. Brissett is not as good as very everyone keeps saying he's a decent backup at best that's all.   

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

Totally agree!! This just doesn't look good at all my excitement level was sky high before all this now it has dwindled down almost nothing. This is going to linger into the season I just know it. I'm like somebody else said on here does medical staff even know what there doing? We don't have a healthy Luck this team is going from a possible 13-3 team to a 6-10 at best. Brissett is not as good as very everyone keeps saying he's a decent backup at best that's all.   

IMO Luck will be fine and ready for opening day. Several people in here are panicking but even Luck said he would be ready on opening day. He told Peter King that he wasn't worried. Hypothetically we are an 11-5 team, possibly 12-4 team if we beat the Chargers with Luck all season. Without him probably 8-8. He makes that much of a difference. Brissett doesn't stink but he is just average IMO. Luck makes around a 4 game difference.

51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO Luck will be fine and ready for opening day. Several people in here are panicking but even Luck said he would be ready on opening day. He told Peter King that he wasn't worried. Hypothetically we are an 11-5 team, possibly 12-4 team if we beat the Chargers with Luck all season. Without him probably 8-8. He makes that much of a difference. Brissett doesn't stink but he is just average IMO. Luck makes around a 4 game difference.

Luck's injury is an issue, but it's not the only issue. We have a lot of other nagging injuries to solid players right now. Although none are season-ending, between guys like Constanzo, Kelly, Mack, Campbell, Banogu, and more having injuries already, 2-3 of them could miss the first month of the season if we're unlucky and we could have another situation like last year. Except this time add Luck to the mix and we are in big trouble if he misses time or starts slow.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck's injury is an issue, but it's not the only issue. We have a lot of other nagging injuries to solid players right now. Although none are season-ending, between guys like Constanzo, Kelly, Mack, Campbell, Banogu, and more having injuries already, 2-3 of them could miss the first month of the season if we're unlucky and we could have another situation like last year. Except this time add Luck to the mix and we are in big trouble if he misses time or starts slow.

Mack has not been injured. Neither has AC.

Arguing over a level of an injury where we have no real information seems like a tired activity

but...... rock on

It will all play out

The sun came up this morning, and the good Lord willing, it will come up tomorrow

The Colts are a top personal passion... but if Luck isnt ready, day 1, my life isnt really impacted

AND..... frog legs SUCK   :)

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

A bunch of players dressed but did not play. Leonard, Moore, and TY were dressed but did not play. Mack hasn’t missed one practice.  AC gets a day off every other day or so.

Curious why they wouldn't play a drive or two in preseason. Besides Leonard, the rest could use some game practice (Hilton with Brissett specifically).

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Curious why they wouldn't play a drive or two in preseason. Besides Leonard, the rest could use some game practice (Hilton with Brissett specifically).

Well TY, Leonard , and Moore already look like they are in mid season form. I think with AC age they are just making sure he stays healthy. He doesn’t need preseason game reps.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'll have the frog legs/frog wings combo, extra spicy, extra crispy, with some extra dipping sauce on the side.

A little "lagniappe" on gameday!

19a29b33e1eff996e062f4c218dbfdb4.jpgM7qrTtY55qLTsSuRKUAWM6XPqbpPZgo4s8KxP17P

Frog Legs!  I have a story.  Growing up in Indy my Dad used to take us camping and fishing at some gravel pits just off of Dandy Trail.  There was the Dandy Trail Bait Shop and behind the bait shop were the gravel pits.  They sit between Crawfordsville Rd and I-74 and are now fully developed.  Unrecognizable to me.

But back it the day my Dad would take us out at night in the canoe, me paddling, and my Dad with the flashlight an gig to get those frogs.  As the night continued the canoe bottom would be covered with these poor frogs still trying to hop around.  Trying not to get too graphic!

In the morning my Dad would make eggs and frog legs.  I still don’t like frog legs.

Good times!

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 8:47 AM, MikeCurtis said:

frog legs SUCK   :)

1 hour ago, gspdx said:

I still don’t like frog legs.

You guys just need to eat some GOOD frog legs.

They're like chicken wings.  There's good ones and bad ones.

They don't really have a taste, so you just spice 'em up, deep-fry 'em til they're nice and crispy, and smother 'em in dipping sauce.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You guys just need to eat some GOOD frog legs.

They're like chicken wings.  There's good ones and bad ones.

They don't really have a taste, so you just spice 'em up, deep-fry 'em til they're nice and crispy, and smother 'em in dipping sauce.

giphy.gif

30 years ago (Or so) my dad thought he would be funny and brought back frog legs. He told me it was CHICKEN.......  I thought it was a boneless piece of meat, and I bit down on a bone  :(   

No broken tooth...... but I was close

It sucketh

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, Chloe6124 said:

This morning at practice.

On my first day of missed practice, my true love gave to me...

On my 12th day of missed practice....<fill in the blanks> :) 

So, does that mean I expect No.12 to miss 12 practices? :dunno:

Luck update:

I heard Irsay speak on the SiriusXM training camp tour.  His comments on Luck (referencing Ryan Diem and a 'little bone') had me scratching my head.  I'm sure I read MRI and X-Rays were performed (which would show this little bone issue).  So I now hear high ankle issue too.. 

Ballard has to speak to media late on the issue. He essentially says while Andrew Luck has an Os Trigonum (Ryan Diem's problem), his medical team does not currently believe it's the root cause of his injury.  So I dig and find the underlying issue may be myositis ossificans.

OK, time for me to head to my Go To guy...  @ProFootballDoc for clarification.  Hopefully he can make sense of all these supposed new revelations.

For the record, I'm still not panicking, and feel these things can be managed (meaning when games get real, so will Luck). But I'm not going to says it's all good either. I'll have my ear to the railroad track.

• Like 3

What a pity the Colts didn't use a little logic with the Luck injury. They wait until a few days ago to search for something else other than the "calf strain." Many of us, who were made fun of, have suggested for quite a while that there might or must be something else. Calf strains don't take over 4 months to heal.

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

So I dig and find the underlying issue may be myositis ossificans.

MO was mentioned as a possibility over the last couple days. My conjecture at this point, after listening to Ballard's interview, is that if it were MO, they would have seen it by now.