Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
csmopar

Andrew Luck Injury (Merge)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Interesting. 

 

Would help to explain the egg he laid. 

 

Of course the entire team got dominated so I can't put the loss on one player.

 

Will also be interesting to see if we start to hear anymore about hurting the ankle snowboarding.

If you listened to his presser he said he reaggravated a old injury in the spring workouts. He didn’t say injured. It actually does make sense. Plus it was on a slippery field. Even the Texans and titans game if you remember we got off to that hot start then played it conservative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good lord, this is ridiculous. There're people who honestly think moving on from Luck is a logical approach? What? Who cares if he doesn't play in the preseason? Are you telling me that you would rather he got reps now and made the injury worse, than for him/them to remain cautious and make sure that it was in-fact a minor setback? The team can't lie about it, they're literally forced to disclose the injury for what it is. Can they lie about the severity to some degree, or the generalized location? Yes. I can assure you that the caliber of physicians working for the Indianapolis Colts are at a skill level great enough to determine if surgery several months ago was the best course of action. Lol, and some of you guys legit think you know better than people that are directly linked to the situation, even Andrew himself. It's comical, and you're bored. Go read a book or something. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Good lord, this is ridiculous. There're people who honestly think moving on from Luck is a logical approach? What? Who cares if he doesn't play in the preseason? Are you telling me that you would rather he got reps now and made the injury worse, than for him/them to remain cautious and make sure that it was in-fact a minor setback? The team can't lie about it, they're literally forced to disclose the injury for what it is. Can they lie about the severity to some degree, or the generalized location? Yes. I can assure you that the caliber of physicians working for the Indianapolis Colts are at a skill level great enough to determine if surgery several months ago was the best course of action. Lol, and some of you guys legit think you know better than people that are directly linked to the situation, even Andrew himself. It's comical, and you're bored. Go read a book or something. 

Who is saying we should move on. Lol

 

No one cares about playing  in the preseason. It’s the fact he is missing practice and camp. Your being naive if you don’t think this could effect hoe this team starts the first few games. There are high execrations going into this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Who is saying we should move on. Lol

 

No one cares about playing on the preseason. It’s the fact he is missing practice and camp.

So you would rather that Luck practice at camp during the preseason, knowing that he has the calf/ankle issue?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Good lord, this is ridiculous. There're people who honestly think moving on from Luck is a logical approach? What? Who cares if he doesn't play in the preseason? Are you telling me that you would rather he got reps now and made the injury worse, than for him/them to remain cautious and make sure that it was in-fact a minor setback? The team can't lie about it, they're literally forced to disclose the injury for what it is. Can they lie about the severity to some degree, or the generalized location? Yes. I can assure you that the caliber of physicians working for the Indianapolis Colts are at a skill level great enough to determine if surgery several months ago was the best course of action. Lol, and some of you guys legit think you know better than people that are directly linked to the situation, even Andrew himself. It's comical, and you're bored. Go read a book or something. 

The same doctors that messed up the diagnosis and treatment of the shoulder for 3 years?

 

Or the Peyton Manning neck?

 

I dealt with world class vets when I had my 25 race horse stable.  I also see how doctors these days treat patients like me when I go in for my shoulder for example.

 

At times I think they have no idea what in the hell they are talking about.  The stories I could tell you about some of the vets I dealt with for example.  Makes my head spin.  Many are complete *s or just don't care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

So you would rather that Luck practice at camp during the preseason, knowing that he has the calf/ankle issue?

I don’t think that is what anyone is saying. What people are saying is it is naive to think this isn’t going to effect how this team starts and the expectations we have. There is nothing we can do about when he practices ect. But look how excited we are for this team. There is no way this doesn’t effect what we thought was going to be such a great season. By all accounts Brissett hasn’t looked great in practice and that has to effect how we start the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

So you would rather that Luck practice at camp during the preseason, knowing that he has the calf/ankle issue?

It really is tough to say.  If it is more in his head than his leg?  Than yes I would rather have him  practicing.

 

If it is an ankle and he hurt it snowboarding as one reporter is saying?  That is 100% Lucks fault and he should be held accountable and he probably should have had surgery early on.

 

If it is a calf?  Then he is the slowest healer in the history of mankind.

 

IF it is a combo calf-ankle and he really is that badly hurt?  Than the Colts should be more upfront about it.

 

Lots of ifs.  Just don't have enough info available right now. 

Sad to say but this reminds me exactly of the Manning neck and Luck shoulder situation. 

 

Lingering.....

 

Processing......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think that is what anyone is saying. What people are saying is it is naive to think this isn’t going to effect how this team starts and the expectations we have. There is nothing we can do about when he practices ect. But look how excited we are for this team. There is no way this doesn’t effect what we thought was going to be such a great season. By all accounts Brissett hasn’t looked great in practice and that has to effect how we start the season.

To the portion in bold: Exactly!

 

Now yo can worry about what may happen come week 1 (which you are);

 

-Or-

 

You can understand that this is not an ideal situation, but Luck is taking the proper steps. He's making sure he gets his body right in order to be the best QB he can be for this team. This is not an ideal situation heading into the start of this season, that's understood, but given the options, this is clearly the best approach.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Introspect said:

 

None of these organizations (sports, medical, government, media) are ever straight forward with the public. It's what they do and you are  fool to think otherwise.

 

Did I say I expected anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point consider me concerned. Earlier in the off season I didn’t even bat an eye at this. Now that it’s lingering into week 2 of preseason, and being held out of at least three more practices, oof. Idk, man. I’m happy that we have Jacoby, but he’s no Luck. Not sure I can have any excitement about this season if he’s gonna be injured/out. And now Vinny has a knee injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, threeflight said:

It really is tough to say.  If it is more in his head than his leg?  Than yes I would rather have him  practicing.

 

If it is an ankle and he hurt it snowboarding as one reporter is saying?  That is 100% Lucks fault and he should be held accountable and he probably should have had surgery early on.

 

If it is a calf?  Then he is the slowest healer in the history of mankind.

 

IF it is a combo calf-ankle and he really is that badly hurt?  Than the Colts should be more upfront about it.

 

Lots of ifs.  Just don't have enough info available right now. 

Sad to say but this reminds me exactly of the Manning neck and Luck shoulder situation. 

 

Lingering.....

 

Processing......

Why do you think Luck is having mental issues? You've repeated this several times. It's not in his head.

 

Luck played through shoulder pain in 2015 and 2016, which led him to miss all of 2017. Playing through pain led to the shoulder pain getting worse. So, like any normal person, he learned from his mistake.

 

Applying what he learned, he does  not want to play through pain and take the chance of a strained calf/ankle becoming worse. He's simply applying principles that he'e learned as a professional football player. It's not a mental issue to learn something and apply it later.

 

I have not heard any reports of this being related to snow boarding. None, aside from so much miss-information on this forum about this issue.

 

A calf strain can take a lot of time to heal, especially in a sport where you are consistently performing dynamic moves.

 

The Colts were upfront about the calf injury. It was disclosed very early on. Then Luck had a set back. Had Luck not had a set back, it would have been exactly as they said, a mild calf strain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the concern is the fact it all seems odd. It very much feels like they are not telling the truth.  The trigger words thdyvstr using is exactly what we have heard before. Plus dang it where is ballard. Does anyone find it off he hasn’t commented on this. Like he doesn’t want to get caught in a lot. 

 

Our offense has not looked great in camp or the game last night. We do not look like a team ready for the season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Why do you think Luck is having mental issues? You've repeated this several times. It's not in his head.

 

Luck played through shoulder pain in 2015 and 2016, which led him to miss all of 2017. Playing through pain led to the shoulder pain getting worse. So, like any normal person, he learned from his mistake.

 

Applying what he learned, he does  not want to play through pain and take the chance of a strained calf/ankle becoming worse. He's simply applying principles that he'e learned as a professional football player. It's not a mental issue to learn something and apply it later.

 

I have not heard any reports of this being related to snow boarding. None, aside from so much miss-information on this forum about this issue.

 

A calf strain can take a lot of time to heal, especially in a sport where you are consistently performing dynamic moves.

 

The Colts were upfront about the calf injury. It was disclosed very early on. Then Luck had a set back. Had Luck not had a set back, it would have been exactly as they said, a mild calf strain.

Luck said he was scarred rom that shoulder issue. He also said this calf thing was part mental in one of his press conferences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

At this point consider me concerned. Earlier in the off season I didn’t even bat an eye at this. Now that it’s lingering into week 2 of preseason, and being held out of at least three more practices, oof. Idk, man. I’m happy that we have Jacoby, but he’s no Luck. Not sure I can have any excitement about this season if he’s gonna be injured/out. And now Vinny has a knee injury. 

Vinny I am kind of iffy about.  Last year I thought we should have kept the other guy and San Diego proved that right.  I think Vinny is fading and injuries are taking their toll.

 

Hard to get injured kicking...and he is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Why do you think Luck is having mental issues? You've repeated this several times. It's not in his head.

 

Luck played through shoulder pain in 2015 and 2016, which led him to miss all of 2017. Playing through pain led to the shoulder pain getting worse. So, like any normal person, he learned from his mistake.

 

Applying what he learned, he does  not want to play through pain and take the chance of a strained calf/ankle becoming worse. He's simply applying principles that he'e learned as a professional football player. It's not a mental issue to learn something and apply it later.

 

I have not heard any reports of this being related to snow boarding. None, aside from so much miss-information on this forum about this issue.

 

A calf strain can take a lot of time to heal, especially in a sport where you are consistently performing dynamic moves.

 

The Colts were upfront about the calf injury. It was disclosed very early on. Then Luck had a set back. Had Luck not had a set back, it would have been exactly as they said, a mild calf strain.

Not sure what you mean.  Luck admitted some of it was in his head.  The shoulder that is.

 

Even Irsay said the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope in four weeks after the chargers game we can come back to this thread and laugh. I hope the defense plays strong in LA to give us a little time to find our rhythm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk,but if we have to rely on brissett who knows what our record will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 

Did I say I expected anything?

 

Not directed to you Deb, just making a statement.... Much respect

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I really hope in four weeks after the chargers game we can come back to this thread and laugh. I hope the defense plays strong in LA to give us a little time to find our rhythm.

I am already laughing so you can join me on opening day and laugh too. You do know we are underdogs in that 1st game so if we lose do not be surprised. A lot of people think we will lose that anyway regardless if Luck practices. I think we can win as long as Luck is out there but that is one of our tougher games on the schedule. If we start 0-1, I will not panic, we almost always do. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am already laughing so you can join me on opening day and laugh too. You do know we are underdogs in that 1st game so if we lose do not be surprised. A lot of people think we will lose that anyway regardless if Luck practices. I think we can win as long as Luck is out there but that is one of our tougher games on the schedule. If we start 0-1, I will not panic, we almost always do. 

Not really concerned about the score with this luck situation. Just want to be competitive. I don’t want this situation to be the reason we lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preseason is what it is. But what is the main theme every coach, player, fan harps about during this time? Reps, and lots of them. We have quite a few guys missing practices, which is where the reps happen, building chemistry with your team is vital. There are some pretty major contributors, some we hope will be at least, that are out. We should all have a bit of concern, just not end of the world stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not really concerned about the score with this luck situation. Just want to be competitive. I don’t want this situation to be the reason we lose.

If Luck was young like in his rookie season or in year 2 or 3 then training camp and pre-season would be important. He is in his prime now and should be fine. He knows his own body and mind and what it takes to get healthy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Vinny I am kind of iffy about.  Last year I thought we should have kept the other guy and San Diego proved that right.  I think Vinny is fading and injuries are taking their toll.

 

Hard to get injured kicking...and he is.

I can't think of his name either but I liked the other guy as well. He is good. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter King on Pardon the Interruption right now said he had a talk with Andrew on Sunday and Andrew told him he has zero concern about whether or not he will be on the field for opening day .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Luck was young like in his rookie season or in year 2 or 3 then training camp and pre-season would be important. He is in his prime now and should be fine. He knows his own body and mind and what it takes to get healthy.

I think this is kind of naive.

1 minute ago, HOF19 said:

Peter King on Pardon the Interruption right now said he had a talk with Andrew on Sunday and Andrew told him he has zero concern about whether or not he will be on the field for opening day .

I don’t think anyone really has that concern. It’s more about how we won’t be sharp to start the season. Nothing new he has said he will be ready.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think this is kind of naive.

I don’t think anyone really has that concern. It’s more about how we won’t be sharp to start the season.

Tom Brady didn't play last night and hasn't thrown many passes in training camp. You know why because he doesn't need too and knows how to get ready for opening day.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it would ease fans minds if they got into more detail on what he is doing to build chemistry with his receivers. They have said some things but it has been pretty vague.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am minimizing it, so I guess I am foolish. When he plays on opening day I will be lmao  at the people worrying about this. I will admit, I would like to see him play some in the 3rd pre-season game because the starters normally do in that game but if he doesn't, he doesn't.

 

Just because he plays opening day doesn't mean the team will be ready to play with him.  Luck playing on opening day isn't the goal in my mind - it is winning opening day.  My biggest concern is the offense all working together and you can't get that unless your QB is out there in practices.

 

I actually don't even care if he plays in any preseason games.  The timing and trust it takes for players to get used to each other comes through lots of reps, and they - especially our new receivers we are so excited about - are not getting that.  So we might lose some games early in the season that we could have won with the proper practice sessions with Luck on the field.

 

 

 

Is it the end of the world - no.  But it is a concern.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

So you would rather that Luck practice at camp during the preseason, knowing that he has the calf/ankle issue?

 

No, but the fact that he's in enough pain 3.5 months after the fact that he can't practice should be cause for concern if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't think of his name either but I liked the other guy as well. He is good. 

Michael Badgley :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gspdx said:

 

Just because he plays opening day doesn't mean the team will be ready to play with him.  Luck playing on opening day isn't the goal in my mind - it is winning opening day.  My biggest concern is the offense all working together and you can't get that unless your QB is out there in practices.

 

I actually don't even care if he plays in any preseason games.  The timing and trust it takes for players to get used to each other comes through lots of reps, and they - especially our new receivers we are so excited about - are not getting that.  So we might lose some games early in the season that we could have won with the proper practice sessions with Luck on the field.

 

 

 

Is it the end of the world - no.  But it is a concern.  

I get that point and it is a good point but we have lost every opening day since 2014 with Luck ready with the exception of 2017. I just think when it comes to veteran QB's it doesn't matter much. Back in the day Troy Aikman rarely practiced and played very little in the pre-season same for Emmitt Smith and they won 3 SB's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

No, but the fact that he's in enough pain 3.5 months after the fact that he can't practice should be cause for concern if you ask me.

Agreed, it is a cause for concern. It’s an unfortunate situation, especially right before the beginning of the season. 

 

But it as things stand right now, Luck wanting to get his body right is the correct approach, IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get that point and it is a good point but we have lost every opening day since 2014 with Luck ready with the exception of 2017. I just think when it comes to veteran QB's it doesn't matter much. Back in the day Troy Aikman rarely practiced and played very little in the pre-season same for Emmitt Smith and they won 3 SB's.

 

True - but we haven't sniffed a SB lately either.  This isn't a team that's at that level yet.  IMO they need the practice.  I would like to have home field advantage in the playoffs - at least the first week off - so every game matters.  There are no throw away games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well they have done it before. Why should we believe them now.

Look, I am really trying to be civil with you. The reason why I quote you so often, as that you are likely the most prolific poster on the board at this time. In addition to your prolific posting adding a certain flavor to the board...if you will....you bring a lot of personal feelings about a subject, wrapped up in what appears to be the way we all feel. That is where I bring my own retort to your statements. Just to clarify, I am not picking on you, just defending general statements that appear to include the rest of us. 

 

For instance, the statement, "They've lied to us before", comes across very different to me than, "I feel like they have lied to me before". The later states your own feelings about it, the former includes all of us in on your opinion. I do not feel lied to at all. 

 

For clarity, I appreciate your posting here, your efforts as a Colts fan, and your passion. I just wanted to make sure you understood that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it is ok to stand alone with that opinion. If others agree, trust me...they will join you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

No, but the fact that he's in enough pain 3.5 months after the fact that he can't practice should be cause for concern if you ask me.

 

To play Devil’s advocate there’s a huge difference between not being able to practice and being held out from practice to maximise the chance of things clearing.

 

Soft tissue stuff is tricky sometimes and linger and flare up weeks and months after you feel “recovered”. 

 

I’m mid-marathon cycle and even with managing effort levels on the old 80/20 rule, a tendon injury from 5 months ago has flared up because constantly knocking out 60-80 mile weeks is going to put a strain on you. I know the only way to make it clear up again is full rest, but as I have a specific goal I’ll push through it accepting the increased risk of a tear. 

 

If your trust Luck’s knowledge of the play book, I’d rather give him every chance of getting fully pain free

before the games. We got bit hard from him pushing through stuff before. We have zero idea on what work he’s doing outside of team drills. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gspdx said:

 

True - but we haven't sniffed a SB lately either.  This isn't a team that's at that level yet.  IMO they need the practice.  I would like to have home field advantage in the playoffs - at least the first week off - so every game matters.  There are no throw away games.

Totally agree.  I don't think that we can use the excuse that we lose most of our openers anyway.

 

I just want to clarify something.  Luck is my favorite players.  My passwords to all of my websites have his name in it.  I love the guy.

 

However he has something wrong with him.  Whether it be mental.  A slow healer.  Injury prone. There is something.

 

There is something not right.  How many games has Brady missed the past 15 years?  I can't even think of any other than the year he hurt his knee.  Luck has been hurt and still played or missed games A LOT the past 5 years.

 

That is why I am saying it might be time to consider drafting another QB.  Especially if we get a high pick from the Skins next year.  Luck is good, very very good, but I think at this point his upside is probably limited.  Partly due to injuries.  Age.  And just abilities.  And when I say upside.....I mean his upside is still top 7 or so.  But what is wrong with wanting better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

To play Devil’s advocate there’s a huge difference between not being able to practice and being held out from practice to maximise the chance of things clearing.

 

Soft tissue stuff is tricky sometimes and linger and flare up weeks and months after you feel “recovered”. 

 

I’m mid-marathon cycle and even with managing effort levels on the old 80/20 rule, a tendon injury from 5 months ago has flared up because constantly knocking out 60-80 mile weeks is going to put a strain on you. I know the only way to make it clear up again is full rest, but as I have a specific goal I’ll push through it accepting the increased risk of a tear. 

 

If your trust Luck’s knowledge of the play book, I’d rather give him every chance of getting fully pain free

before the games. We got bit hard from him pushing through stuff before. We have zero idea on what work he’s doing outside of team drills. 

I agree.  I am more of a weightlifter, tennis player, golfer, bowler, hockey player, but injuries can nag, especially the older we get. 

 

The only question I have is this injury, whatever it is, has been going on since the spring at least.  Maybe earlier.  I mean I was diagnosed with a partially torn rotator cuff in June and ordered to take 3-4 months off from lifting.  My should was constantly slipping out of joint and hurt 24/7.  2 months later it feels great and I am back to lifting.  And I am much MUCH older than AL and had a more serious injury....supposedly.

 

So how is it that a calf strain hasn't healed in 4 months at least?

 

Makes zero sense.  If this same thing was happening to Brady or Rodgers, we would all be yelling shenanigans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Look, I am really trying to be civil with you. The reason why I quote you so often, as that you are likely the most prolific poster addition to your prolific posting 

 

For instance, the statement, "They've lied to us before", comes across very different to me than, "I feel like they have lied to me before". The later states your own feelings about it, the former includes all of us in on your opinion. I do not feel lied to at all. 

Well, averaging over 480 posts a month, or between 15 and 20 a day for 7 months seems "prolific", sure, and I agree that while the poster you mention has made many appreciated efforts and contributes a ton.... That they also tend to project a really heightened sense of overall anxiety onto the whole of the fanbase in the context of what are really just an individual opinion... It's awesome the effort put forth, but equally important is not generalizing statements too much...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...