Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp day 5

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

There's already reports he was throwing during the off season with some of the vet receivers, I think we'll be just fine. 

I heard he didn’t throw with the receivers. At least not with Funchess and Campbell.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

There's already reports he was throwing during the off season with some of the vet receivers, I think we'll be just fine. 

I heard he didn’t throw with the receivers. At least not with Funchess and Campbell.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That's why I said some of the Vet receivers, IE TY, Ebron etc.  Funchess was a FA, Campbell is a rookie...

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The first team offense better have a better day tomorrow then today.

or what?

6 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Held out of OTA’s, months to recover, misses practice a day after having the day off...

Yeah, if you don’t see how that doesn’t paint a fun picture you’re really trying hard not to pay attention. 

I'm just trying hard to not let a calf strain montha before the regular season to impact my mood TODAY.

If he isnt ready for game one, i'll let it ruin my day THEN.

Its a new thing i'm trying, to live in the present.  I'll let you know how it works out in a week or two.  Haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That's why I said some of the Vet receivers, IE TY, Ebron etc.  Funchess was a FA, Campbell is a rookie...

or what?

It was just a observation because they played like crap today. If he did work out with those guys that’s good. If you have a link you should post it. Otherwise it’s just speculation. 

5 hours ago, Legend of Luck said:

Lol...some of you are hilarious. 

This dude missed over a year of football, strolled back in to a new offense with all new pieces and lit the league up and became an MVP candidate. 

Dude misses a couple training camp practices and now its "OMG WE NEED TO START JACOBY OTHERWISE THIS SEASON IS OVER!! HE'S SOFT!"

Insert massive eye roll Gif here.

Absolute nonsense. So disrespectful.

This thread should have been closed after this post.

Summed up well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nobody is panicking that bad. You guys are the ones exaggerating what the ones that are concerned are feeling.

No, I think the ones concerned are exaggerating their concern without giving any indication that they are exaggerating.  Case in point....in one post you said we should start Brissett to open the season, then in a later post said you were just joking.  So, until you made the follow up post indicating you were just joking, people could only believe you were being serious about starting Brissett. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, J@son said:

No, I think the ones concerned are exaggerating their concern without giving any indication that they are exaggerating.  Case in point....in one post you said we should start Brissett to open the season, then in a later post said you were just joking.  So, until you made the follow up post indicating you were just joking, people could only believe you were being serious about starting Brissett. 

I have no concerns that luck won’t start opening day. My concerns is getting off to a strong start because the schedule is brutal. It’s a legitimate concern to think if he misses a ton of camp that it could cause us to get off to a bad start.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I think I’m gonna stay off the forums until the season starts. 

This is too much. 

michael jordan lol GIF I hear ya, I have been watching football for 40 years and it is just like that with some fans to overreact. It is what it is. Luck will just have to prove like last season, he will become healthy and we will be good again. Until he plays and looks 100%, some will be concerned.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have no concerns that luck won’t start opening day. My concerns is getting off to a strong start because the schedule is brutal. It’s a legitimate concern to think if he misses a ton of camp that it could cause us to get off to a bad start.

but at one point you were questioning whether he should start opening day, whether he is now considered "injury prone", whether he was soft etc

• Like 2

Just now, J@son said:

but at one point you were questioning whether he should start opening day, whether he is now considered "injury prone", whether he was soft etc

I was joking about Brissett starting. I have no concerns Luck starting day one. He will. My concerns are getting off to a good start because of the tough schedule and whether this will effect us getting in sync right away.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Beep beep beep

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flash7 said:

I'm not a professional, just a fan.

If I "tweeked my calf" I personally would not question if surgery was necessary. If I injured it, then yes, of course surgery would be discussed. This seems to be more than just a calf tweak, as we've been told.

3 months of recovery and now a set back, per admission by Andrew. He will miss this week, and likely next week.

Yeah, we will probably hear much later that Luck needs 'minor' surgery that will sideline him for 8 to 10 weeks.

He is turning into an injury-prone player. I just hope these injuries were not incurred away from football activities, because that would make him stupid as well as injured.

11 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Yeah, we will probably hear much later that Luck needs 'minor' surgery that will sideline him for 8 to 10 weeks.

He is turning into an injury-prone player. I just hope these injuries were not incurred away from football activities, because that would make him stupid as well as injured.

Yeah, probably another skiing accident. What a stupid guy! How'd he ever get thru Stanford?:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I feel like...

if some (one) of you stubbed your toe...

you would be like "I need an ambulance.  This toe is soft.  Time to amputate.  I will never be able to walk again."

giphy.gif

Who needs trolls from different teams when you have Colts fans in here bashing on Andrew haha . Pretty pathetic really.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just stop. We have a right to be concerned. He hasn’t got it right in three months but taking a few practices off all of a sudden it is going to be right. If it’s not right after three months this is most likely most likely is going to be bothering him all season.

I want pile on you like everyone else, even though your over-reaction is reason enough for the comments you've been getting.  All I will say is last year coaching I strained calf, I had to walk around in a boot for 3 weeks and even after that I did not do anything to push off or change direction on it for about another 2 months.  And then I had about a month of when I would push it a bit and and soon as I felt a twinge, I would back off it for a few days.  Then all of a sudden one day I ran with my players and didn't feel any pain or strain on the calf so then I resumed normal duty.

It sounds like Luck is going through the same thing, the only difference is with Luck, there are people who have more panic than common sense going off the deep end about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I know, but every year all teams deal with stuff like this.

I dont think the team is hiding anything, as some have  suggested.

Look, Andrew has been taking it "easy" for months.  This is really the first things have ramped up for him.  Based on his history, i think its normal for him to ease up (at this time of year) and give the calf some more time.  I also have a feeling he would play if a real game was on the line.

All we can do is trust what we hear and wait and see.  Its funny how Ballard gets praised for his transparency, but then anything Luck-related is a conspiracy from Irsay on down to the hot dog vendor.  

The guy's calf is twitchy.  Worrying about it for a month changes nothing but one's blood pressure.  I'll assume for now its precautionary, as we're being told, until things change.

Same situation, just different perspectives.

14 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

TY, Hines, Campbell, Ebron, Cain, the days of a lack of separation appear over.
If we can make D's have to respect the run. Oh Boy!

Everyone gets more separation when you have a two speed guys on the turf at the same time. With three, gonna be a nightmare for Ds. Everyone gonna be open this year.

Even Jacoby will look like a pro-bowler (half serious) with this OL and group of WRs and TEs.

14 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Out of the top 5 WRs last year, TY played the least snaps from the slot. Guessing the confidence in the rest of the guys is growing a lot if he's getting more reps there. He'll kill it there. It really isn't fair lol.

13 hours ago, Legend of Luck said:

Omg everyone scream Andrew is done for the sea....oh.

CALLLLLM DOWNNNN people.

If he truly would still be starting on Sunday, not that concerned.

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He'll be one of the 3 "starting" CBs by week 9

7 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

It’s panic or sunshine here. Right now the panic is a little too much. I’ve got enough going on to see gloom and doom every post. 

It's like that on every fan board.