Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp day 5

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think they need to make the offense stay after practice. Just a bad day. Love to hear about Autry.

The CBA limits the amount of time that coaches can make players practice.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

As of right now My excitement for the season is gone.

woooooooow lol

1 hour ago, Old Colt said:

Not a question that he is "lying", they are just not being forthcoming with what may be the true picture. 

And I"m perfectly fine with that.  Any information they give to the fans about Luck's status they are also giving to all of the Colts' upcoming opponents.  Why tip their hat any more than they're absolutely required to?

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The biggest issue is we started slow last season. We can’t start slow this year with this schedule. We don’t have time for the offense to get back in sync. 

They started slow last season because they were playing in a brand new offense with brand new coaches and Reich was very inexperienced as a play caller.  Also, Castonzo was out for the first few weeks.  None of those things will come into play this year (unless AC gets hurt).  The players (minus rookies) are in their 2nd year in this offense, Reich has a year of playcalling experience now etc etc. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J@son said:

The CBA limits the amount of time that coaches can make players practice.

woooooooow lol

And I"m perfectly fine with that.  Any information they give to the fans about Luck's status they are also giving to all of the Colts' upcoming opponents.  Why tip their hat any more than they're absolutely required to?

They started slow last season because they were playing in a brand new offense with brand new coaches and Reich was very inexperienced as a play caller.  Also, Castonzo was out for the first few weeks.  None of those things will come into play this year (unless AC gets hurt).  The players (minus rookies) are in their 2nd year in this offense, Reich has a year of playcalling experience now etc etc. 

And Mack was down, I believe also.

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I also think it’s a fair question to ask is did lucks shoulder injury issue start making him a little gun shy and to worried about injuries.

I think it is fair to say Andrew learned a lot about injury and rehab and the wisdom of not pushing his body in the off season when it has issues that need treatment.  
 Let's face it, he has taken MANY big hits that DO THINGS to the body.
 He MUST do all he can to have a healthy body to start the season. Whenever that start is.

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I'm not a professional, just a fan.

If I "tweeked my calf" I personally would not question if surgery was necessary. If I injured it, then yes, of course surgery would be discussed. This seems to be more than just a calf tweak, as we've been told.

3 months of recovery and now a set back, per admission by Andrew. He will miss this week, and likely next week.

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Can someone get Chloe a Xanax or some Melatonin

Just stop. We have a right to be concerned. He hasn’t got it right in three months but taking a few practices off all of a sudden it is going to be right. If it’s not right after three months this is most likely most likely is going to be bothering him all season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just stop. We have a right to be concerned. He hasn’t got it right in three months but taking a few practices off all of a sudden it is going to be right. If it’s not right after three months this is most likely most likely is going to be bothering him all season.

Concerned yes but you are freaking out. Calling for Brissett to start, talking about Luck being soft, people need stay after practice. You are freaking out over every tweet. Never get too high or too low.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The idea is to surround Luck with a good supporting cast for times like these. If worst case and he misses 2 regular season games, we are designed to put Jacoby in and let our team respond till Luck gets back. I don’t want that but Ballard has worked hard to build our depth and talent.

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Three days is not a lot of time for recovery if the injury is more serious... 

Agreed. I’m beginning to feel like this is a situation like Kevin Derrant. Maybe Andrew should have had surgery during the spring. 

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wonder if He is becoming  little gun shy worrying about injuries since his shoulder.

My excitement for the season is going away. He might start the season but we are going to be so out of sync on offense. Maybe Brissett needs to start the season.

He is either injured worse or he is becoming soft and is way to worried about injuries. Or it is something else entirely.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am actually more worried about where he is emotionally with injuries. Is he starting to get so worried about getting injured when he isn’t injured at all. 

Lol. So out the entire week.

Something is going on with Luck emotionally.

THe way this is going Luck is going to miss the entire TC and all of the preseason games.

As of right now My excitement for the season is gone.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Everyone is going to be holding there breath they aren’t going to say his calf needs surgery next lol.

This just shows they lied

I also think it’s a fair question to ask is did lucks shoulder injury issue start making him a little gun shy and to worried about injuries.

Anyone know when these kids go back to school??? 

Or better yet, how can I keep from seeing this nonsense?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Right? A lingering 3-month calf issue is just going to magically heal if he doesn't practice the next 3 days? C'mon, I'm not a doctor, but I wasn't born yesterday.

Not used to seeing a moderator of this board doubting Colts upper management .

• Like 1

Just now, HOF19 said:

Not used to seeing a moderator of this board doubting Colts upper management .

Not doubting, but I think they're choosing their words very wisely, & just reading between the lines, I get the feeling that he'll likely miss all preseason action. My guess is he'll lightly practice a few times during camp, but save himself for full team drills until the week leading up to the regular season opener, which is when he'll likely be a full go.

11 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Right? A lingering 3-month calf issue is just going to magically heal if he doesn't practice the next 3 days? C'mon, I'm not a doctor, but I wasn't born yesterday.

Don't expect to see Luck the entire preseason at this rate...  a slow start this year can cost the Colts the playoffs with their schedule they have to play.  

• Like 1

I am not worried, says he'll be ready and could play if it was a real game. Go slow, these games don't count. Calfs, are funny injuries, they seem like really your calf hurts, until I had one. If you continue to annoy the injury, ie play, it will linger, and it was much more painful than  i would have though!

4 hours ago, Legend of Luck said:

Lol...some of you are hilarious. 

This dude missed over a year of football, strolled back in to a new offense with all new pieces and lit the league up and became an MVP candidate. 

Dude misses a couple training camp practices and now its "OMG WE NEED TO START JACOBY OTHERWISE THIS SEASON IS OVER!! HE'S SOFT!"

Insert massive eye roll Gif here.

Absolute nonsense. So disrespectful.

This might be the best post I have seen all day. :thmup:

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Don't expect to see Luck the entire preseason at this rate...  a slow start this year can cost the Colts the playoffs with their schedule they have to play.  

If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best.  People need to stop "concerning
 themselves with our schedule, it is what it is. Beat em. period, point blank.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

my guess is it was all good to go and he tweaked it Saturday.  Probably a bit swollen, so they're waiting for the swelling to go down so they can get a clear, concise scan and assessment.  I am no doctor but I've had plenty of leg injuries to know that swelling and fluid can affect clarity on certain scans.  It also causes pain and tightness. 3 more days gives that fluid time to drain and the swelling to go down, if it does, great, if not, then I'd start looking at draining it.  There's also some localized medicines that take 48-72 hours to reduce swelling.

Again, not a medical expert, just going off experiences.  Really at this point, there's nothing to be concerned with or not be concerned with. Nothing any of us can do about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

With the schedule we have yes it could matter. We can’t take 3 games to get going. 

There's already reports he was throwing during the off season with some of the vet receivers, I think we'll be just fine. 

• Like 1