Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Meachem To San Diego

Girlzarefanstoo

The team agreed to terms with former Saints wide receiver Robert Meachem on a four-year, $25.9-million contract with $14 million fully guaranteed, a league source said Tuesday night. Meachem will bring a big-play element back to an offense that lost Pro Bowl wide receiver Vincent Jackson in free agency hours earlier.

The rest of the article is here: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/mar/13/chargers-finally-make-splash-sign-meachem/

His contract will cost 1/2 what Vincent Jackson would have cost - we give up some with him, but still and excellent #1 WR and he's younger and healthier. I like this pickup.

lol, it looks like the guy who made the "Meachem and Williams to Bills" is wrong. Now about the signing...

I think any team that could pick up Meachem has made a good signing. He's a very good deep threat with good hands and pretty good reliability. An underrated WR. A nice pickup.

lol, it looks like the guy who made the "Meachem and Williams to Bills" is wrong. Now about the signing...

I think any team that could pick up Meachem has made a good signing. He's a very good deep threat with good hands and pretty good reliability. An underrated WR. A nice pickup.

Agreed. He was my want until Wayne shocked me a bit by re-signing.

The key to the Chargers' offense, like most good offenses, is the O-line protection. If Rivers' protection holds up, he will have a very good year and should be able to get the ball out to Meachem, Floyd and Gates without issues.

No solid figures are out yet except 3 years, but basically the unofficial word is we replaced VJ with Meacham and Royal at basically 2 for 1 $ wise. I'm quite happy with the result AND got a top flight PR/KR while we're at it. We've really needed some health and depth for our WR core. The last two years have been terrible injury wise.

The key to the Chargers' offense, like most good offenses, is the O-line protection. If Rivers' protection holds up, he will have a very good year and should be able to get the ball out to Meachem, Floyd and Gates without issues.

You're dead on Chad - big part of Rivers' poor year was a porous front line that couldn't hold the pocket for him. Jared Gaither really started the turn around when we picked him up the last 5 games last year. He's a BEAST - what a gift KC gave us, LOL!