Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 3 (7-27)

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

How can a drop also be a pass breakup?

My guess is he might be saying it could be called either way.. Could of been a deflection from Rock but still could of been caught by DF but he dropped it. Or simply a catchable ball but coverage was extremely tight with a possible tip or deflection who knows for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is bad. I am glad we have guys who can step in.

He has did well the last couple of days. Today seemed like a off day.

Yeah, was really looking forward to the Sheard/Houston combo on the edges. Not that we won't see it at all but sounds like it could be a while.

Looks like we'll get to see more of the young guys in the beginning of the season though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

He had a great day yesterday. Before camp started they said he would probably get every second day off. I am more concerned with chemistry with Funchess and Campbell. Not worried with TY and Ebron chemistry.

This is my concern as well, the timing and tendency of the wr/QB duo’s. Caution is one thing but I’m just not sold there isn’t something that is an issue on Luck that the team is exercising such caution. Tom Brady is 80 years old and he isn’t throttled down this much. Not sure what the issue with Luck truly is but I have no doubt there is something that we don’t know about what dictates this delicate practice play. At some point, this caution has to effect the young kids getting reps and cohesion with the starting QB. It’s a different ball and tendencies thrown from back ups to Luck. Some kid may get cut because he isn’t succeeding with Brissett but makes some nice strides with Luck. Frustrating that we, as a team, are walking on eggshells. 

• Like 2

Without following NE that much who knows how often Brady gets a day off. We had a lot of injuries that contributed to our 1-5 start. Hopefully this strategy will pay off. Funchess is a veteran so he should be ok. We will probably see things amped up as we go song. The preseason games should get everyone enough reps. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If sheard misses time it will hurt but not to bad. We have a lot of young guys that should be ready to step up. Plus we rotate everyone on the defensive line anyway. There was a chance he wasn’t going to be back next year so it’s time for all the young guys to shine.

Perhaps he starts on the PUp list to start season, designated to return after the 6 week period. Best outlook is the young guys show there worth and hold down the fort until then and we get a rested Sheard for the stretch run. It also alllows Sheard to give the young kids a breather as well after week 6 if he can make it back. Just would give a boost all around if it works out like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Without following NE that much who knows how often Brady gets a day off. We had a lot of injuries that contributed to our 1-5 start. Hopefully this strategy will pay off. Funchess is a veteran so he should be ok. We will probably see things amped up as we go song. The preseason games should get everyone enough reps. 

Maybe, my point is not that we have professional guys who won’t take much time to get up to speed, rather reps with the QB on precision routes. Remember where Manning and Marvin would go out before the games and throw like a hundred balls on specific routes to make sure the timing is down. That created the magic we seen with those two. I’m certain, those same reps happened during the summer and into fall with those two for the relationship they developed. That built pro bowlers who turned into HOF’s. We are losing out on practice reps to get to that level. You can be good but can they be great/superior by handling it this way? Who knows. I still contend there is an issue with Luck that we won’t know about until after his career is over and we hear about why he was held out and coddled like this. 

• Like 1