• * Houston's quickness
  • * Wilson's development and confidence
  • * How they use Banogu
  • * Turay's development
  • * Lewis's work from the inside
  • * Campbell's flash
  •  

Going tomorrow for kids day!!!!

John any suggestions on how early I should get there with the kiddos?

2 hours ago, Korey said:

Going tomorrow for kids day!!!!

John any suggestions on how early I should get there with the kiddos?

The park opened today at 1.  I was there around 12:20, got parked, and stood in line for around half an hour with LOTS of people.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Have fun. Make sure you report back and post what you see.

What I saw at camp today -

I saw Andrew Luck!  And he was out there with the other guys, and, get this, THROWING to them!  No joke!

Ok, overexcited hype aside, it was great to see Luck on the field in drills and 7-on-7's.  He threw multiple times to Funchess, which was something I wanted to see very badly.  And a bunch to Campbell, who looked great.  And a bunch to Ebron.

A note on Ebron - every time I saw him catch the ball, it was fluid.  Beautiful.  Clean.  Loved it.

Campbell?  Well...  It's hard to describe.  He's a force of nature.  It's not just the straight line speed.  It's the lateral quickness.  He's there, and then, bing, he's somewhere else.  Don't blink, you'll miss it.  It's incredible.  There was one long pass towards him that was off target, and it seemed to my untrained eyes that he didn't do that great a job adjusting to an off target ball.  Might be why Ohio State didn't use him that way much.

Back to Funchess.  I saw his original twinge of cramps in his right calf.  Saw him walking gingerly to the sideline.  He walked it off.  Got some gatorade.  Rubbed some dirt on it.  Went back out.  And, boy oh boy, everybody saw it this time.  Very much limped off the field.  Got some treatment.  Got someone stretching his calf out.  Goes back out there.  And catches a ball in heavy traffic.  I'm like shouting "Don't hurt him!  Don't hurt him!"  Sure enough, he's limping back off.  I think he stayed off after that.  Don't let it become a true injury.  You did good today.

I watched Banogu, Rock, Turay, and Jalen Collins on defense today.  Banogu looked very good.  Had a simulated sack, and a great dive for a swing pass.  Very fast, and active.  Turay looked really good.  Very quick.  Had a lot of reps with the starting squad.  Rock is just a chiseled statue of a man.  Good moves.  In drills, he was able to change direction without running in place much, like the other guys do.  And Collins got a lot of reps with the starters.  If Quincy Wilson wasn't worried about his position before, he ought to be.  He was out there, too.  But the competition is really heating up.

If I were to name one undrafted rookie free agent that impressed me today, it would be Penny Hart.  Small, very fast WR out of Georgia State.  Had one great punt return.  On another, he stopped because the blocking in front of him failed.  Heard a coach shout out to him.  Couldn't hear what he said, but I'm sure it was something like, "Don't stop.  Even if all of the blocking in front of you fails.  Make the most of every opportunity on every play."  He also ran some great routes in the 11-on-11's.  I hope he makes the roster.

I'm sure there's a lot that I left out.  Deon Cain was on the sideline.  Didn't even have a helmet.  Best play I saw was an over the shoulder catch in traffic by TE Billy Brown.  Had a good day.  We look good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Thanks for the recap. You confirmed everything the tweets were saying.

i am so excited to see TY, Funchess, and Ebron on the field at the same time. Who do you cover. One of them is going to be wide open.

They did that in one of the 11-on-11's.  They lined up TY, Campbell, Funchess, Ebron, and Doyle five wide.  I was like, good grief!  It's the Nightmare Scenario!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

They did that in one of the 11-on-11's.  They lined up TY, Campbell, Funchess, Ebron, and Doyle five wide.  I was like, good grief!  It's the Nightmare Scenario!

OMG. Campbell too. You could even insert Hines there. I remember the days with manning and the five wides. That was a fun time.

Can anyone tell me the parking situation?  Do I need to bring some cash or is it free parking? 

We'll be going on Thursday 8/1, coming from the western Chicago suburbs.  First training camp ever and I get to bring my 18 month old son.  Pretty excited about making a tradition out of it! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Can anyone tell me the parking situation?  Do I need to bring some cash or is it free parking? 

We'll be going on Thursday 8/1, coming from the western Chicago suburbs.  First training camp ever and I get to bring my 18 month old son.  Pretty excited about making a tradition out of it! 

I'm taking my 13 year old on Thursday, too.  Our first TC and we're so excited!  I believe parking is free, but better to have some cash handy.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:25 PM, CheezyColt said:

I went Saturday and took my kids (one of them being 11mo) Get there early if you want a good seat.

$5 parking.

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!!!

• Like 1