Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

07/25 TC Day one

CR91

3 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Eh, I don't think there's a rift between Peyton and the Colts. He just seems to enjoy spending time around the Broncos organization quite a bit. I think that's the long and short of it.

That, and the fact that he lives in Colorado. Some people are blowing this way out of proportion.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He lives in Denver.

20 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

That, and the fact that he lives in Colorado. Some people are blowing this way out of proportion.

Yup, I'm aware. And yeah, the whole "Peyton is a Bronco/Colt" has been a touchy subject seemingly since he retired for Colts/Broncos fans.

• Like 1

Ballard did say they were still gonna be cautious with Luck (and the other injured players coming back).

With anything like a calf strain wearing a red jersey/staying away from contact doesn't really matter. All it takes is one awkward step to tweak it. I'm okay with them being cautious today.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well they aren’t being careful with Cain or Doyle and they missed the entire year. They probably have Luck on a throw count. More about keeping his arm strong then the calf.

Hah yeah I almost mentioned that. Especially because I think he specifically mentioned Cain when talking about limiting guys.

Maybe it's partly Luck's call too. He's talked about being a lot more responible/cautious coming back from injuries ever since the shoulder.

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well they aren’t being careful with Cain or Doyle and they missed the entire year. They probably have Luck on a throw count. More about keeping his arm strong then the calf.

Luck is the franchise QB - he just isn't another player, we can't take any chances with him getting injured on a fluke. His calf is probably not 100% yet, one wrong step and it's over. That would be like the Lakers saying, LeBron we need you in game 1 of the pre-season to go score 40 points and dunk on everyone lmao. I say who cares that Luck is limited but that is just me. We can win without Cain or Doyle in reality if something fluky happened to them. Without Luck we would be 7-9, 8-8 at best  and no playoffs. I would be fine with Luck not even playing in the 1st pre-season game and very little in the pre-season except for game 3. He proved last season he is 100% healthy arm wise by going 10-6. I mean if 39 TD's and 4500 yards didn't prove it to people I do not know what well.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ehh to be fair especially Cain but also Doyle are not nearly as important as Luck.

Losing Cain would just be sad for the kid.  Losing Doyle would be a disappointment for the team.  Losing Luck and we might as well sign Curtis Painter up, go 0-16, get the #1 pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Ehh to be fair especially Cain but also Doyle are not nearly as important as Luck.

Losing Cain would just be sad for the kid.  Losing Doyle would be a disappointment for the team.  Losing Luck and we might as well sign Curtis Painter up, go 0-16, get the #1 pick.

I agree. I am just surprised I guess Cain and Doyle weren’t more limited. 

Hopefully we will get some good articles from today with more details on how everyone did.

38 minutes ago, MTC said:

Am I the only one who could care less about this (as in where Peyton is at)?

About as much as I could care less that Luck is limited in a meaningless day 1 training camp haha . Happy training camp is here though, great to see the guys. Luck has been through many of these, his health is most important. If Luck was out there giving 100% in training camp and blew out an achilles, everyone in here would be ripping Reich to shreds. I remember when Teddy Bridgewater blew his leg out in a pre-season practice and he wasn't even hit.

Regarding Peyton, he lives in Colorado and was a Bronco and loves football. Having said that it makes sense he may show up at a Broncos training camp. Only a Broncos fan would say that makes him more of a Bronco. If he lived here in Indy, he would be here today. It's a moot point because he is way more a Colt anyway as he spent 80% of his career here. 

• Like 1