Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hall Of Fame Nightmare....

Shadow_Creek

As we approach the Hall Of Fame game August 1st i still think back to that nightmare day when the colts were suppose to play the packers on Hall Of Fame and our game was called off due to the wet fields. I mean it just wasn't fair how we weren't given the opportunity to play the following year as compensation instead the NFL just moved on and while some of you might say well at least it gave us a shorter schedule and saved injuries i agree with you but its just that feeling to know your team is about to kick off Football period and you want to see them play immediately.  

23 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

As we approach the Hall Of Fame game August 1st i still think back to that nightmare day when the colts were suppose to play the packers on Hall Of Fame and our game was called off due to the wet fields. I mean it just wasn't fair how we weren't given the opportunity to play the following year as compensation instead the NFL just moved on and while some of you might say well at least it gave us a shorter schedule and saved injuries i agree with you but its just that feeling to know your team is about to kick off Football period and you want to see them play immediately.  

It was not canceled due to field being wet.

I got over them not playing in the HoF game in about 6 seconds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

You're really upset that, three years ago, the NFL cancelled an extra, meaningless game in the preseason? I mean, it was three years ago...

lol i never said i was upset. However i did want to see my team play just like any fan would especially when its the top opener too.

14 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

lol i never said i was upset. However i did want to see my team play just like any fan would especially when its the top opener too.

It wouldnt have been the starters, backups or even the third stringers playing that game...

52 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It wouldnt have been the starters, backups or even the third stringers playing that game...

All of those players would have played.   The starters wouldn't have been in long,   but they would have played

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I remember being happy it was cancelled.   Mostly due to injury concerns.    

To me that was the best of both worlds.  Colts got to open up their training camp early because of it but they didn't have to play in the game and risk injury.

At the time I was disappointed because I wanted to watch some football.  But in the grand scheme it's probably better that they didn't play. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

The starters usually don't play in game 1 of the preseason.

My recollection is different.

Starters......

First game, 1 series

Second game, 1/2 game

Third game, 1/2 game plus at least one solid drive after the half

Fourth game, no starters

• Like 1

I was there with my brother who is a huge packers fan so i was definitely bummed i didn't get to see them play. Worst part about it was they kept selling beer the whole time leading up to the game and didn't announce that the game was going to be cancelled until last minute. So all the people that thought they had a few hours to sober up drove home buzzed.