Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quiet on the Colts

Myles

First, I don't mind being the team that people do not expect to challenge for a title.

I have noticed that I am not hearing much hype on the Colts from national shows.   Perhaps I've missed it, because I only listen to NFL talk to and from work (15 minutes).   However the past 2 days I happen to catch nothing but NFL talk on who's going to do well, surprise or who is the teams to watch.  Lots of Chargers, Browns, Eagles, Chiefs, Saints and Cowboys.  Not one mention of the Colts.   

The reason I find that odd is because they were extremely hot in the second half of last season.  They lost virtually no one.  Second season with this O-line.   Addition of Spencer Ware, Campbell and Funchess.  Doyle back.  Houston for added pass rush and I think most feel an improved defense.   I think it is a tough schedule, but the team is 10-12 wins strong IMO.   

1 minute ago, Myles said:

First, I don't mind being the team that people do not expect to challenge for a title.

I have noticed that I am not hearing much hype on the Colts from national shows.   Perhaps I've missed it, because I only listen to NFL talk to and from work (15 minutes).   However the past 2 days I happen to catch nothing but NFL talk on who's going to do well, surprise or who is the teams to watch.  Lots of Chargers, Browns, Eagles, Chiefs, Saints and Cowboys.  Not one mention of the Colts.   

The reason I find that odd is because they were extremely hot in the second half of last season.  They lost virtually no one.  Second season with this O-line.   Addition of Spencer Ware, Campbell and Funchess.  Doyle back.  Houston for added pass rush and I think most feel an improved defense.   I think it is a tough schedule, but the team is 10-12 wins strong IMO.   

Outside voices love to ignore us. After Peyton won his first they stopped talking %. But that's all that happened. 

Actually, we were super hot March-May. I think people just expect us to make the playoffs and go far with luck. If you pay attention, the Patriots hardly get mentioned either; yet they've been to the AFC Championship game/Super dang near every year. 

I prefer this more than anything. Without us getting hyped up so much it’ll help us go more under the radar and sneak up on teams before we pounce. We know we are heading for the deep playoffs, if outside sources don’t, they’ll be even more excited by our team when we do. 

• Like 1

Just now, WarGhost21 said:

I prefer this more than anything. Without us getting hyped up so much it’ll help us go more under the radar and sneak up on teams before we pounce. We know we are heading for the deep playoffs, if outside sources don’t, they’ll be even more excited by our team when we do. 

No NFL team is sleeping on the colts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While I don't think we'll ever be talked about as much as teams with bigger markets, shows like GMFB seem to talk about the same 5-6 teams every day, I think we're getting pretty hyped by the media. 

We're at the top of all sorts of lists about having one of the top offenses, we were #1 on that one ESPN list with having the best 3 year outlook or whatever. Seems like most media pundits have us as a lock for the AFC South. And I just saw a video with Victor Cruz saying the Colts are a Superbowl or bust team.

I think I just notice the hype more though because I don't really like it hah

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

10-12 wins is very doable with the improvements that have been made.

12 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

No NFL team is sleeping on the colts. 

But a ton of fans are. That’s what I’m really pumped for, smack talking my buddies who are fans of other teams after they’d done the same the entire week prior :lol:

Edited by Nadine
masked profantity

The hype train has been huge compared to what it usually is.

The shows have actually talked about the Colts and I haven’t seen but maybe 1 predication where the Colts are not winning the division.

The Colts usually play better when they are under the radar. Now that they have the NFL’s attention we will see what happens.

1 hour ago, bravo4460 said:

The hype train has been huge compared to what it usually is.

The shows have actually talked about the Colts and I haven’t seen but maybe 1 predication where the Colts are not winning the division.

The Colts usually play better when they are under the radar. Now that they have the NFL’s attention we will see what happens.

Have to be able to get used to it if you want multiple rings 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's been a mixture if you watch the NFL Channel and ESPN. I have yet to see anyone pick us to go to the SB but have seen a few pick us to make the AFC Title Game. Most people are still saying Pats, Chiefs, or Chargers will make the SB on those networks. Most have us winning our division though.

My expectations are to at least make the AFC title game and give the Pats and/or Chiefs a real slugfest this year in the playoffs. Hope to win the SB, but I know that'll be hard. Develop our players, and build an elite nucleus around Luck until he retires.

• Like 1

Not sure it's really quiet. We're projected by almost everyone to win the AFCS, are the #1 Futures power ranking, etc.. We're just not the flashy, or "proven" team right now. KC is flashy. Cleveland is flashy. Pats are proven. And while we made it to the playoffs, we didn't win the AFCS, and we beat an AFCS south team in the WC before getting smoked by KC.

We're a different team this year, with lots of upgrades, and in year two of schemes. I think most expect a better year from us. And a better year at minimum, is making it to the AFC finals.

Like @NannyMcafee said, NOBODY is going to sleep on us this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have to look at the media outlets as a business.  They are going to hype what will give them the most viewers.  More viewers more advertising revenue.  Dallas for the life of me I don't understand why, both NY teams have large markets (East Coast bias), LA same as NY.  KC because Mahorne was so different from what we have seen before.  Colts are getting about same as Saints, Bears, Eagles.  Our problem is we don't have any news worthy issues.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

We're at the top of all sorts of lists about having one of the top offenses, we were #1 on that one ESPN list with having the best 3 year outlook or whatever. Seems like most media pundits have us as a lock for the AFC South. And I just saw a video with Victor Cruz saying the Colts are a Superbowl or bust team.

Oh, I understand that.   I've seen them near the top of most lists.   It's just that all the other teams near the top of the lists are being talked about, dissected and analysed. 

Again, I don't mind not being hyped and talked about because I think that puts a chip on the teams shoulder.    I just wonder if it is mostly due to the team not having the sideshows and loudmouth players or is it due to market size.    

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Oh, I understand that.   I've seen them near the top of most lists.   It's just that all the other teams near the top of the lists are being talked about, dissected and analysed. 

Again, I don't mind not being hyped and talked about because I think that puts a chip on the teams shoulder.    I just wonder if it is mostly due to the team not having the sideshows and loudmouth players or is it due to market size.    

It must be Mostly one of those two. Oy!

9 hours ago, Myles said:

It’s both....   we’re a quiet team...   and we’re a small market team...   

But as someone else noted in another thread this week,  the rest of the NFL knows who and what we are.   They know we’re good.   And that’s all that really matters.   

• Like 1