Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

Colts work out Matt Elam

Don’t think Geathers is hurt. He had a post last night on IG talking about being ready and proving the haters wrong. It’s probably just the colts looking at guys in case of a injury down the road.

• Like 4

safety is one of the thinnest positions on the team now.  i noticed geathers has never started 16 games in a season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

safety is one of the thinnest positions on the team now.  i noticed geathers has never started 16 games in a season

Not sure I agree with that. We have Geathers and Hooker, farley is coming back, we added Kindred from the browns that has starting experience, Odum played well minus the titans game, and we draft Khari Willis. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

It’s not that thin. I think we have some quality depth.  Odum and Mcfarly can hold their own. Plus don’t forget we went and got Kindred who has been a good starter in the league. Then we also just got Willis in the draft. From all accounts Willis could start if we needed him.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s not that thin. I think we have some quality depth.  Odum and Mcfarly can hold their own. Plus don’t forget we went and got Kindred who has been a good starter in the league. Then we also just got Willis in the draft. From all accounts Willis could start if we needed him.

And I think Quincy Wilson could play S if needed (Ballard said this multiple times around draft time that Q. Wilson is so valuable because he can play any position in the secondary).  And another draft pick, Tell III was a S in college -- the plan for him is to move him to outside CB, but imagine (if he makes the team, which I think he will) he can play S in a pinch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

And I think Quincy Wilson could play S if needed (Ballard said this multiple times around draft time that Q. Wilson is so valuable because he can play any position in the secondary).  And another draft pick, Tell III was a S in college -- the plan for him is to move him to outside CB, but imagine (if he makes the team, which I think he will) he can play S in a pinch.

Yes he could. That is what the colts love about him is his versatility. Even Kenny Moore played some safety in the KC game when we had hooker and Mitchell hurt. We have a lot of DB that can play both positions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

Not sure I agree with that. We have Geathers and Hooker, farley is coming back, we added Kindred from the browns that has starting experience, Odum played well minus the titans game, and we draft Khari Willis. 

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

the safety group is Hooker and a bunch of guys tbh. Geathers hasnt done much lately

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the safety group is Hooker and a bunch of guys tbh. Geathers hasnt done much lately

Geathers is very good when healthy.  Remember what our secondary looked like in 06 when we won the SB. It was sanders and a bunch of no name young guys.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yes he could. That is what the colts love about him is his versatility. Even Kenny Moore played some safety in the KC game when we had hooker and Mitchell hurt. We have a lot of DB that can play both positions.

Moore played A LOT of FS at Valdosta State.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Geathers is very good when healthy.  Remember what our secondary looked like in 06 when we won the SB. It was sanders and a bunch of no name young guys.

Marlin Jackson was a 1st round pick. Kelvin Hayden was a second round pick. A. Bethea was a no-name late round pick but is still playing great.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, egg said:

Marlin Jackson was a 1st round pick. Kelvin Hayden was a second round pick. A. Bethea was a no-name late round pick but is still playing great.

They were still super young with hardly no nfl experience. 

17 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Moore played A LOT of FS at Valdosta State.

With the versatility of our corners we very well may keep extra ones and less safeties. 

Why don't we work out Tre Boston, at least he was a pro bowler at one time..

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

this is the first time ive heard someone call geathers very good.  tell me what did he do last year that makes you say this?  hell what has he ever done tbh?  he had a few good plays several years ago i guess

On 7/23/2019 at 6:43 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know if “very good” is how I’d describe Geathers. He’s shown flashes but I don’t think I’ve seen even a game since his rookie season where I thought he played very good. He’s solid. Can tackle in space but his coverage skills are underwhelming. Solid player. Maybe this year he’ll make that leap though. We’ll see

On 7/23/2019 at 6:43 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Seriously? You can’t name any of the other DBs on that team?

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Seriously? You can’t name any of the other DBs on that team?

Of course I can lol. My point was they were rookies or very young. Our secondary was very inexperienced.

Matt Elam...wth? This dude was a massive bust and has been out of the league since 2016.

He was also arrested with a few dozen Oxys. 

Tell me again about how Ballard only goes after a certain “quality” of player.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Matt Elam...wth? This dude was a massive bust and has been out of the league since 2016.

He was also arrested with a few dozen Oxys. 

Tell me again about how Ballard only goes after a certain “quality” of player.

Relax dude they just brought him in for a workout.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Relax dude they just brought him in for a workout.

LOL...I'm good. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I rewatched the game as I thought this would be pretty strange as well.  He did not play in the fourth except for his usual special teams slot.     I was confused as well by those who say he had a bad game.  He gave up one completion where he got turned around.  Other than that he was glued to his man as usual.    I think he's still having trouble living down his reputation from his rookie year. 
    • depth wise, S, OL, and iDL are my biggest concerns. if folks were grading positions ( starters and depth), i'd be surprised if many graded safety in the top half.  outside of Hooker, lots of questions, at least to me. i definitely don't agree with Venturi. ESPN doesn't either. Hopefully the starters stay healthy, and Willis grows into a stud.
    • lol... you wrote a novel. while i didn't read it all, i did skim. the mock draft stuff, it wasn't a poll. it was a well defined systemic grading. if you're mom can do well on the 1st round, why didn't your favorite guys? lol. on the wide receiver study, it was laughable. no defined parameters, no comparative cross position stats, etc.. not even Busch league stuff.  like i said, legend in your own mind.   in terms of who can dish it out, but can't take it, look at your reaction above to a "sad".... what a rant/tantrum.....  self awareness is obviously not your strongest trait. feel free to "crush" me anytime... gives me a good laugh.
    • very astute observations!!
    • You live your life like the Coyote chasing the Road Runner....    and you keep running into the mountain side,  or running off the cliff....     OK....    you're not going to change....   So, I'll take apart your nonsense --- again.    This will be the longest post I've ever made,  trying to answer all your nonsense.    Doubt you'll read it.    But here it comes....     Of course we know if Luck's injury, whatever it is,  ISN'T minor.   What minor injury do you know lasts four months?    He barely participated in any off-season program.    Does that sound like a minor injury?    The Colts have NEVER, EVER called it minor.   Not once.  The only thing they've said is he hopes to be back by certain deadlines,  and he's missed almost every one.    Does that sound like a minor injury?    This paragraph may confuse you.   It's full of common sense and logic.   I don't know how you got the nerve to try to argue that no one knows.   Unbelieveable!   Nope.   No Tantrum from me.   Just pointing ot what should be obvious,  but apparently the obvious isn't obvious to you.     By the way,  while you were giving me a sad on my post to my friend CBE,   do you know who was giving me a "like"?    CBE.    I criticized his post and he still gave me a like.    He know while we may not agree,  he knows I'm not trying to pound him.   I'm  trying to be as honest and factual as I can.    No wonder you can't see for yourself.   What triggered me, was your latest attempt to sound like you know what you're talking about.   You judged Willis on half of the first pre-season game.    That's all you've got.    That's it.   Doesn't even occur to you that that is.....   NOTHING!    Hello?    And you present it like it should be taken seriously,  when it should be laughed at.    Goodness gracious, you want to go back to the media draft comparison?    I was hoping for your sake that you wouldn't.    But since you insist.     Did you ever really look at that poll?   Seriously,  did you look at the four category breakdown?    Did you see what was actually involved?    If you did,  you shouldn't have been crowing about it.    First,  what I care about from guys like Kiper and McShay and Jeremiah and others isn't just the first round.   My  momma can do a decent job on the first round, and she's been dead for nearly 30 years!    I care about their view on ALL ROUNDS.   And your survey was only about the first round.   That's it.   There were four categories.    In three of them,  the leader got no more than 50%.   That's it.   The best person in three of the four categories scored no more than 50 percent.   When the top guy is scoring no more than 50 percent and everyone else is close behind,  then no one really knows anything.    And the one category that the winner did well in --- one category --- he scored in the 90's.   And everyone else was right behind him.    So, most everyone did well in ONE OUT OF THE FOUR categories.   Big stinking deal.    I tried to tell you this silly survey didn't support what you believed but you wouldn't listen.   No surprise there.  All you cared about the results.   The fatal flaw.     Finally,  without a single fact,  you offered this opinion in that post.    I remember it like it was yesterday,  that your new age guys were doing a better job than the more traditional scouts.   Based on one poll.   One poll of one round.    And you said the older guys like Kiper and company were resting on their laurels and not working as hard.   Nope, the old guys were covering all seven rounds.    Most of your guys,  covering one round.   You have no facts to support that, but that's your view.    When logic and common sense would tell you that the guys I prefer make a ton more money and have their reputation at stake.    They have more to lose.    There's no way they're resting on anything.    But you'll say ANYTHING to try and prove a point.   There's no argument you won't twist to try to win an argument, no matter how foolish the argument is.   I've told you publicly and privately,  you're not interested in honest debate.   You're the least honest poster here.  You're only interested in winning and you'll do anything, say anything to do that.      As to the WR study.    You got crushed.   I'm talking about a bank safe fell on you and your response was to talk about cherry picking stats.    Either English is a second language or you don't know the meaning of the words.     I made two links for you.    One was almost identical to yours.    Yours covered 25 years dating back to a time when passing rules were dramatically different so comparing a receiver from 1990 to one from 2018 was silly.   We're playig a different game now.    My first link covered 20 years from 1995 to 2014 .   There was great over-lap in the two studies.  But the conclusions were entirely different.   The only reason I used it was your post said roughly 60% percent of 1st Round WR's were successes.    Mine said roughly 40%.   Guess which one you preferred?    Surprise!   Then the second link was one of my own making.    I listed every 1st round WR since Luck came into the league in 2012.  That's 7 years.   The last 7 years.   I put into bold each 1st Round WR who was clearly a success.   It came to 41%.   It also showed how few WR's have been taken in the last few drafts.   That's the NFL talking, in case you weren't paying attention.    You didn't dispute one WR.    Not one.   But you called it cherry picking.   Clearly you don't know how to use that expression correctly.    And now you throw out a list of criteria as if you're making the rules here.   Here's another free tip.   You're not.   Never have.   I'm not surprised you don't recognize the facts I put into posts.   You don't use them.   You're all about the opinion.   Most posters here are.   Because that means every single poster can simply say.....    "I'm entitled to my opinion."    Yes, they are.   Everyone is,  even you, who has no need for facts.    But what you're not entitled to is your own facts.    Just like you stated Funchess was a terrible signing based on your facts,  and it never even occured to you that Ballard and Reich had other facts that showed DF could be useful to us.    You actually thought you knew more than they did?!?    Again, unbelieveable.   You had no facts to support your nonsense about Reich being a poor play caller.   You had one game.   And I called you on it.   You've been doing a very bad back-peddle ever since,  but that's your view, with no facts to support it.   In fact all the facts support the exact opposite view.   Yet, you still try to claim victory.   It's so intellectually dishonest that it's nauseating.   And so I observed,  that with almost nothing to base it on,  you thought Willis has inconsistancies.    Thanks, Capt. Obvious.    Tomorrow will likely be sunny during the day,  turning to widely scattered darkness at night.    Anymore obvious insights?   Funny, how you now publicly call for me to ignore your posts,  when a few days ago,  in a thread I was barely even in,  you took a completely uncalled for shot at me.    Or does the phrase "legend in his own mind" not mean anything to you?      Bottom line....    you can dish it out,  especially when you think no one is looking.....   but you can't take it.   Glass ego.   I call a fraud a fraud.   
  • Members

• yankeeclipper

yankeeclipper 22

• coltsfeva

coltsfeva 1,181

• Nadine

Nadine 7,435

Administrators
    • HoosierHero

HoosierHero 0

Rookie
    • MikeCurtis