Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

Colts work out Matt Elam

Recommended Posts

Don’t think Geathers is hurt. He had a post last night on IG talking about being ready and proving the haters wrong. It’s probably just the colts looking at guys in case of a injury down the road.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

safety is one of the thinnest positions on the team now.  i noticed geathers has never started 16 games in a season

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

safety is one of the thinnest positions on the team now.  i noticed geathers has never started 16 games in a season

 

 

 

Not sure I agree with that. We have Geathers and Hooker, farley is coming back, we added Kindred from the browns that has starting experience, Odum played well minus the titans game, and we draft Khari Willis. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

safety is one of the thinnest positions on the team now.  i noticed geathers has never started 16 games in a season

 

 

It’s not that thin. I think we have some quality depth.  Odum and Mcfarly can hold their own. Plus don’t forget we went and got Kindred who has been a good starter in the league. Then we also just got Willis in the draft. From all accounts Willis could start if we needed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s not that thin. I think we have some quality depth.  Odum and Mcfarly can hold their own. Plus don’t forget we went and got Kindred who has been a good starter in the league. Then we also just got Willis in the draft. From all accounts Willis could start if we needed him.

 

And I think Quincy Wilson could play S if needed (Ballard said this multiple times around draft time that Q. Wilson is so valuable because he can play any position in the secondary).  And another draft pick, Tell III was a S in college -- the plan for him is to move him to outside CB, but imagine (if he makes the team, which I think he will) he can play S in a pinch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

 

And I think Quincy Wilson could play S if needed (Ballard said this multiple times around draft time that Q. Wilson is so valuable because he can play any position in the secondary).  And another draft pick, Tell III was a S in college -- the plan for him is to move him to outside CB, but imagine (if he makes the team, which I think he will) he can play S in a pinch.

Yes he could. That is what the colts love about him is his versatility. Even Kenny Moore played some safety in the KC game when we had hooker and Mitchell hurt. We have a lot of DB that can play both positions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Not sure I agree with that. We have Geathers and Hooker, farley is coming back, we added Kindred from the browns that has starting experience, Odum played well minus the titans game, and we draft Khari Willis. 

 

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s not that thin. I think we have some quality depth.  Odum and Mcfarly can hold their own. Plus don’t forget we went and got Kindred who has been a good starter in the league. Then we also just got Willis in the draft. From all accounts Willis could start if we needed him.

 

the safety group is Hooker and a bunch of guys tbh. Geathers hasnt done much lately

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

 

 

the safety group is Hooker and a bunch of guys tbh. Geathers hasnt done much lately

Geathers is very good when healthy.  Remember what our secondary looked like in 06 when we won the SB. It was sanders and a bunch of no name young guys.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yes he could. That is what the colts love about him is his versatility. Even Kenny Moore played some safety in the KC game when we had hooker and Mitchell hurt. We have a lot of DB that can play both positions.

Moore played A LOT of FS at Valdosta State.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Geathers is very good when healthy.  Remember what our secondary looked like in 06 when we won the SB. It was sanders and a bunch of no name young guys.

 

Marlin Jackson was a 1st round pick. Kelvin Hayden was a second round pick. A. Bethea was a no-name late round pick but is still playing great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, egg said:

 

Marlin Jackson was a 1st round pick. Kelvin Hayden was a second round pick. A. Bethea was a no-name late round pick but is still playing great.

They were still super young with hardly no nfl experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Moore played A LOT of FS at Valdosta State.

With the versatility of our corners we very well may keep extra ones and less safeties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't we work out Tre Boston, at least he was a pro bowler at one time..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Geathers is very good when healthy.  Remember what our secondary looked like in 06 when we won the SB. It was sanders and a bunch of no name young guys.

this is the first time ive heard someone call geathers very good.  tell me what did he do last year that makes you say this?  hell what has he ever done tbh?  he had a few good plays several years ago i guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 6:43 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Geathers is very good when healthy.  Remember what our secondary looked like in 06 when we won the SB. It was sanders and a bunch of no name young guys.

I don’t know if “very good” is how I’d describe Geathers. He’s shown flashes but I don’t think I’ve seen even a game since his rookie season where I thought he played very good. He’s solid. Can tackle in space but his coverage skills are underwhelming. Solid player. Maybe this year he’ll make that leap though. We’ll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 6:43 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Geathers is very good when healthy.  Remember what our secondary looked like in 06 when we won the SB. It was sanders and a bunch of no name young guys.

 

Seriously? You can’t name any of the other DBs on that team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

Seriously? You can’t name any of the other DBs on that team?

Of course I can lol. My point was they were rookies or very young. Our secondary was very inexperienced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Elam...wth? This dude was a massive bust and has been out of the league since 2016.

 

He was also arrested with a few dozen Oxys. 

 

Tell me again about how Ballard only goes after a certain “quality” of player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Matt Elam...wth? This dude was a massive bust and has been out of the league since 2016.

 

He was also arrested with a few dozen Oxys. 

 

Tell me again about how Ballard only goes after a certain “quality” of player.

Relax dude they just brought him in for a workout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Relax dude they just brought him in for a workout.

 

LOL...I'm good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Diss the Steelers, Striiiiiiiiiiike 1! Diss the Raiders, Striiiiiiiiiiiike 2! Dis the Pats with bases loaded, striiiiiiiiiiiiiike 3! You are out!
    • Yeah, I'm expecting a lot of our games to be around the high teens/low 20s for a while, at least until teams start to gameplan against our rushing attack and try to take away the short stuff from Brissett.
    • “Antonio Brown was released today by the New England Patriots and is currently an unrestricted free agent,” the NFL said in its statement. “Our office is presently investigating multiple allegations, some of which are the subject of pending litigation. We have as yet made no findings regarding these issues. The investigation is ongoing and will be pursued vigorously and expeditiously.   “As long as Mr. Brown is a free agent, placement on the Commissioner’s exempt list is not appropriate. If he is signed by a club, such placement may become appropriate at any time depending on the status of the investigation. Upon the conclusion of the investigation, he may also be subject to discipline if the investigation finds that he has violated the law or league policies.”   Sounds like the NFL is discouraging any other team from signing him.         Ummm, don't think so Drew.
    • Not overly impressed. Average QB at best.  Needs to take more deep shots to the receivers.
    • In the film room, and likely during the game, Hoyer helps here as well. He can see things out there in real time and is not under duress.     He's been asked to not try to be Andrew Luck, but be himself.  While he gets a good feel, he's not going to go gunslinger and possibly throw pick 6's trying to be a hero. He will do what he needs to be competitive in the meantime. As the season progresses, I expect a little less being a game manager and a bit more quarterback play making to appear.    
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...