Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

7 Colts make Top 100 list

CurBeatElite

This is Doug Farrar from Football Wire's list.

https://www.colts.com/news/seven-colts-make-touchdown-wire-s-top-100-players-list

The players are Kelly (91), Moore II (74), Leonard (59), Hooker (55), Hilton (52), Luck (47), Nelson (43).

Was kind of surprised to see Moore II on the list and also surprised how low Leonard, Luck and Nelson were (and Kelly, but he claims injuries have as much to do w/ that as anything).

I like his write up on Hooker the best... in part: ""In just his second NFL season, Hooker became the recipient of the ultimate gesture of respect given a defensive back — an extreme lack of targets in relation to his snap totals. He was on the field for 977 snaps and saw just nine targets all season. He gave up four catches for 51 yards, 25 yards after the catch, one touchdown, two interceptions, two pass breakups and an opponent passer rating of 60.2."

I have seen a lot of folks suggesting Hooker had an off year... I think a lot of that is because his INT numbers weren't high -- but 9 targets out of almost 1,000 snaps is ridiculous.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

This is Doug Farrar from Football Wire's list.

https://www.colts.com/news/seven-colts-make-touchdown-wire-s-top-100-players-list

The players are Kelly (91), Moore II (74), Leonard (59), Hooker (55), Hilton (52), Luck (47), Nelson (43).

Was kind of surprised to see Moore II on the list and also surprised how low Leonard, Luck and Nelson were (and Kelly, but he claims injuries have as much to do w/ that as anything).

I like his write up on Hooker the best... in part: ""In just his second NFL season, Hooker became the recipient of the ultimate gesture of respect given a defensive back — an extreme lack of targets in relation to his snap totals. He was on the field for 977 snaps and saw just nine targets all season. He gave up four catches for 51 yards, 25 yards after the catch, one touchdown, two interceptions, two pass breakups and an opponent passer rating of 60.2."

I have seen a lot of folks suggesting Hooker had an off year... I think a lot of that is because his INT numbers weren't high -- but 9 targets out of almost 1,000 snaps is ridiculous.  

Great nucleus of players that are ranked here, and they will only get better. This team will be a force to be reckoned with this year, and this is the first chance we have at making a SB since 2014 IMO with Luck as QB. We just have a very well-rounded team now.

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Lol. Lists are always a good chuckle. 

If there was a redraft and all players were put into a pool, how many people think Andrew would make it to 47? I'd bet my next paycheck he wouldn't get past 15. 

Wouldn’t make it past 10.  Guy has never had a losing season in any year he was healthy.  What owner wouldn’t sign up for that?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Lol. Lists are always a good chuckle. 

If there was a redraft and all players were put into a pool, how many people think Andrew would make it to 47? I'd bet my next paycheck he wouldn't get past 15. 

I'm not sure how meaningful that is though.  If you put the players into a pool like that the first probably 20 picks or so are going to be QB's.  I would agree with Smoke317 that he wouldn't make it past 10.  But a great deal of that has to do with the position he plays.  

I think a better question to ask about the top 100 would be how many QB's were ahead of Luck.  

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm not sure how meaningful that is though.  If you put the players into a pool like that the first probably 20 picks or so are going to be QB's.  I would agree with Smoke317 that he wouldn't make it past 10.  But a great deal of that has to do with the position he plays.  

I think a better question to ask about the top 100 would be how many QB's were ahead of Luck.  

I’d say 5-6 tops. Would owners take Brady without Belichick at this point in his career?  Or Brees with no Payton? Of the youngsters I’d guess Mahomes (the Phenom) or maybe Mayfield before Luck.  Then I’d expect Luck & Wentz to go next.  Throw A-Rod in there somewhere and that’s about it for QB’s picked before or around Luck.