Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Chloe6124

Turay stat that might shock you

Recommended Posts

Very high hopes for Turay this year.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now that Lewis is moving inside, that should give Turay more chances to rush on third down. While I do like Sheard, hes better vs the run then the pass so I can see him off on third down. Benogu will probably start as a stand up rusher.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was very well known last year Eberflus benched Turay for his work ethic last season. Seems like he really took that and worked hard this off season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy has the speed and athletic

 

 bit more strength, (Usable weight) and 1 or 2 PR moves, he could be dangerous

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turay has been working out with Ben Banagu at Mathis training facility. If BB catches on quick hopefully that will give us to great pass rushers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really can’t afford Turray to flop bc of laziness. I hope he gets his act together and realize he could become the #1 guy on the line come contract time.  That could mean millions or could mean his job.  I’ve unfortunately have done this with multiple people with great potential in my company.  When up for their review, instead of getting a raise they are given their walking papers due to lack of performance and laziness. I found out quickly you can’t teach work ethic and professionalism.  Either they have it or they don’t. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Really can’t afford Turray to flop bc of laziness. I hope he gets his act together and realize he could become the #1 guy on the line come contract time.  That could mean millions or could mean his job.  I’ve unfortunately have done this with multiple people with great potential in my company.  When up for their review, instead of getting a raise they are given their walking papers due to lack of performance and laziness. I found out quickly you can’t teach work ethic and professionalism.  Either they have it or they don’t. 

The good news is I think he got the message loud and clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really liked what I seen in the short time from Turay. My fear though, if he had to be motivated to work, what will happen if he explodes for the next few years, gets the big contract and then relaxes? It has to be a desired trait to want to be the best at all costs, not told to do it. My best hope is that he was such a stud at his previous level that he just thought he could half butt it and he got the message and goes on to have an outstanding career here. I’m excited to see what he does this year regardless. He could be better than Mathis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I really liked what I seen in the short time from Turay. My fear though, if he had to be motivated to work, what will happen if he explodes for the next few years, gets the big contract and then relaxes? It has to be a desired trait to want to be the best at all costs, not told to do it. My best hope is that he was such a stud at his previous level that he just thought he could half butt it and he got the message and goes on to have an outstanding career here. I’m excited to see what he does this year regardless. He could be better than Mathis. 

I agree. I hope it was just him having to learn to be a pro. Kind of the same situation as Wilson. What I like about Banagu it seems he already has that in him. He said he will do anything just to get on the field. Houston hopefully will be a good example for both.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'm not 100% convinced it was either work ethic, or that it was well known.

 

What I recall is more of a sense that Turay had hit the famous Rookie Wall.  

 

I don't recall reading articles that talked about Turay and a lack of worth ethic.

 

Where as, when Wilson had trouble,  there were all sorts of articles.     We had four different articles.    From the GM,  from the HC,  from the DC and from the player.    (And still,  there were people here who would not accept that view).     But at least,  it was written about.

 

Am I misremembering?   Were there articles written where Turay's work ethich was talked about and I missed them?    I don't even recall threads that talked about Turay's work ethic.

 

Anyone?     Anyone at all?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not 100% convinced it was either work ethic, or that it was well known.

What I recall is more of a sense that Turay had hit the famous Rookie Wall.  

I don't recall reading articles that talked about Turay and a lack of worth ethic.

Where as, when Wilson had trouble,  there were all sorts of articles.     We had four different articles.    From the GM,  from the HC,  from the DC and from the player.    (And still,  there were people here who would not accept that view).     But at least,  it was written about.

Am I misremembering?   Were there articles written where Turay's work ethich was talked about and I missed them?    I don't even recall threads that talked about Turay's work ethic.

Anyone?     Anyone at all?

 

His production dropped noticeably, but I never heard that it was related to work ethic neither. As far as I remember, he got hurt in week 5 or 6, and then he was a healthy scratch for the remainder of the season.

 

Btw, he stayed in Indy after the season ended, working out in the Colts facilities during the entire spring, under Mathis's watch. If there were any work ethic related issues, to me this sounds like a guy who is working his b*tt off to flip that coin.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mathis, Shepard, Houston...  With all of those guys to learn from, he really could be top shelf.  He appears to have all the traits.  Just has to learn how to translate all that knowledge into his own game.

This could be a really good year for him.  Hoping for the best!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I'm not 100% convinced it was either work ethic, or that it was well known.

 

What I recall is more of a sense that Turay had hit the famous Rookie Wall.  

 

I don't recall reading articles that talked about Turay and a lack of worth ethic.

 

Where as, when Wilson had trouble,  there were all sorts of articles.     We had four different articles.    From the GM,  from the HC,  from the DC and from the player.    (And still,  there were people here who would not accept that view).     But at least,  it was written about.

 

Am I misremembering?   Were there articles written where Turay's work ethich was talked about and I missed them?    I don't even recall threads that talked about Turay's work ethic.

 

Anyone?     Anyone at all?

 

 

Not sure if it was Flus or Ballard that said this, but they mentioned how if they don't practice with the same effort as game day, then their not gonna play. Perhaps it was just putting two and two together

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

 

  Ballard talking about players with Special Traits.
  And Turay's 1st step when they saw him working at the Senior Bowl.
   If you agree he was lacking in technique, and strength to make all the moves the best have, this is pretty awesome. He got Sumpin'!
  With Mathis working on his hand fighting, and bend around the edge,

he has a very high ceiling. Stay healthy my friend.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think it was very well known last year Eberflus benched Turay for his work ethic last season. Seems like he really took that and worked hard this off season. 

 

Turay was battling nagging injuries a lot of last season, which I think is the main reason his playing time got reduced (coupled with Tyquan Lewis coming off the injured list).

 

I think everyone knew after Turay was drafted that he needed to get a bit stronger and become a more refined football player rather than just a raw athlete...it seems like he's working his butt off this off season to not only get stronger but to get more polished with Mathis as his mentor.

 

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I'm not 100% convinced it was either work ethic, or that it was well known.

 

What I recall is more of a sense that Turay had hit the famous Rookie Wall.  

 

I don't recall reading articles that talked about Turay and a lack of worth ethic.

 

Where as, when Wilson had trouble,  there were all sorts of articles.     We had four different articles.    From the GM,  from the HC,  from the DC and from the player.    (And still,  there were people here who would not accept that view).     But at least,  it was written about.

 

Am I misremembering?   Were there articles written where Turay's work ethich was talked about and I missed them?    I don't even recall threads that talked about Turay's work ethic.

 

Anyone?     Anyone at all?

 

 

I think he did hit a bit of a wall, some of which was caused by nagging injuries.  Also, don't forget, he only played very sparingly in his second to last year at Rutgers after a more serious injury to his shoulder which required 2 surgeries.  

 

He only played 2 years of HS football, red-shirted as a freshman.  Ballard said right after we drafted him that the kid had very good physical traits but was still quite raw and needed to get stronger.

 

I think, aside from him having some nagging injuries and the return of T. Lewis), there was a plan to use Turay's rookie year as somewhat of a developmental year which he was building strength and learning technique.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 11:11 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I agree. I hope it was just him having to learn to be a pro. Kind of the same situation as Wilson. What I like about Banagu it seems he already has that in him. He said he will do anything just to get on the field. Houston hopefully will be a good example for both.

I do believe with the Reich and Ballard tandem, the level of professionalism and accountability is well above the fluffy level Pagano was and the jerk level that Grigson was. Throw in the professional work horses like Sheard and Houston and it should be a great pair of men to guide these young kids of how to grow up right. You also have to want it first but it helps to have a successful guide to point you where to go and how to get there. The team has given these men the tools, it’s up to them to pick them up and use them. Looking good so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ty4atd said:

 

Yeah, this is the one "article" if you can call it that, that I recall.  It's more of a note, than anything really.  Also, I'm not sure "needing to see more from Turay during practice" necessarily equates to bad work ethic....  It could have very easily just been lack of production during practice...  

 

At any rate, the kid was/is more raw than a Spicy Tuna Roll..... which is now what I will call it if he develops a consistent spin move.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

At any rate, the kid was/is more raw than a Spicy Tuna Roll..... which is now what I will call it if he develops a consistent spin move.....

 

"He spicy tuna rolled around the tackle to get to the qb.  Then he put a little wasabi on it to celebrate."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 10:01 PM, AwesomeAustin said:

Really can’t afford Turray to flop bc of laziness. I hope he gets his act together and realize he could become the #1 guy on the line come contract time.  That could mean millions or could mean his job.  I’ve unfortunately have done this with multiple people with great potential in my company.  When up for their review, instead of getting a raise they are given their walking papers due to lack of performance and laziness. I found out quickly you can’t teach work ethic and professionalism.  Either they have it or they don’t. 

Just to add on to that, we’ve already seen a player in his similar situation. This was the same deal with Quincy Wilson. Talented guy who got a bunch of playing time early his rookie year, but was benched because he needed to “grow up” and “practice harder”. And right now he’s in limbo. Going into his 3rd year and we still don’t know what we have in him. I don’t want that to be Turray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...