Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Devin Funchess All or Nothing

This is a excellent read. Makes you really want to pull for him. He came into the league so young I hope he can finally put it all together. This sounds exactly like the Ebron story in Detroit. A young kid who just needs to mature.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/All-or-Nothing-Carolina-Panthers-Devin-Funchess-133785574/Amp/

• Like 2

Definitely pulling for him to turn things around. You'd hope our culture can help with that. He comes across as a likeable guy in his interviews.

It does make me think about that whole incident he had with Brissett in practice. Which sure, that's just one instance. No big deal. But if we start to hear about more stuff like that happening in practice/throughout TC, things will get interesting.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Definitely pulling for him to turn things around. You'd hope our culture can help with that. He comes across as a likeable guy in his interviews.

It does make me think about that whole incident he had with Brissett in practice. Which sure, that's just one instance. No big deal. But if we start to hear about more stuff like that happening in practice/throughout TC, things will get interesting.

I think Andrew lucks demeanor will help with that. I remember a video surfacing with luck and Ebron last year. Ebron was upset with something and luck went over there and told him it’s ok he was doing good. 

This story is a carbon copy of what Ebron went through on Detroit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Makes me wonder who we were competing with for his services at the price he got.
And his personal issues require some significant care.
 Oh ya, i expect him to do what needs to be done, and wish him well.

To the bolded, great point!

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Makes me wonder who we were competing with for his services at the price he got.
And his personal issues require some significant care.
 Oh ya, i expect him to do what needs to be done, and wish him well.

Personal issues?

Significant care?

Would you like to elaborate?

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personal issues?

Significant care?

Would you like to elaborate?

If you read the article it elaborates on the issues. Having a friend murdered ect. From the looks of it there was also no leadership on that team. Ron Rivera from what I am reading did do a great job with him. Coming to Indy will give him a fresh start.

All I read from that is that on two separate occasions he was frustrated. The first just after having a friend murdered, very understandable. the other after having a really poor game while hurt players scream at refs all the time so I don't hold that against him and he could have handled the media better but he wasn't even really that bad then.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If you read the article it elaborates on the issues. Having a friend murdered ect. From the looks of it there was also no leadership on that team. Ron Rivera from what I am reading did do a great job with him. Coming to Indy will give him a fresh start.

Thanks.    Good read.    But sad read.

I'd say,  he's come to the right franchise.   I think the front office, the coaching staff and his teammates will take good care of him.    And I think we will use him right.   We will play to his strength.

Hopefully,  Funchess will turn into Ebron 2.0.

Thanks for linking this.....

I read the article, then I watched the entire series, and honestly, the series made me a bit less optimistic than reading the article. I saw a good hearted young man, with no character concerns, however, he seemed to be a guy who can't handle pressure and adversity too well. I hope I'm wrong.

• Thanks 1

With the Colts getting rid of Inman and keeping Rogers instead, Funchess really needs to step in and be what we all hope he can be and be a great #2 WR. 

With Hilton, Funchess, Ebron and Doyle as all legit pass catching options (not to mention RB's out of the backfield) I would be having nightmares if I was an opposing DC trying to gameplan against that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

I read the article, then I watched the entire series, and honestly, the series made me a bit less optimistic than reading the article. I saw a good hearted young man, with no character concerns, however, he seemed to be a guy who can't handle pressure and adversity too well. I hope I'm wrong.

Sounds a lot like Ebron in Detroit. Hopefully a fresh start will help him.

38 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

With the Colts getting rid of Inman and keeping Rogers instead, Funchess really needs to step in and be what we all hope he can be and be a great #2 WR. 

With Hilton, Funchess, Ebron and Doyle as all legit pass catching options (not to mention RB's out of the backfield) I would be having nightmares if I was an opposing DC trying to gameplan against that. 

I believe P Campbell is going to shock some people as well Brother . Ready to get the party started . Hopefully we make it through camp without any major health issues .

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is a excellent read. Makes you really want to pull for him. He came into the league so young I hope he can finally put it all together. This sounds exactly like the Ebron story in Detroit. A young kid who just needs to mature.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/All-or-Nothing-Carolina-Panthers-Devin-Funchess-133785574/Amp/

I only watched 2 episodes, but the one thing I noticed about Funchess was when he laid out that safety who took that cheap shot on Cam Newton when he slid. I like that, a lot.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 6:41 AM, Peterk2011 said:

That's been kinda the dig on him at both scUM and in Detroit. He was given plenty of time to develop IMO. He was asked to be the guy in 17 when KB and GO got injured. He did OK, but still didn't eclipse 1000. In 2018, he let a rookie steal the #1 spot.

I'm just hoping he's matured, and makes the best of a fresh start. He simply needs to make the best of every pass tossed his way, and he'll be fine. He has the potential to be a RZ beast like Ebron.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:02 AM, lollygagger8 said:

If he doesn't  Campbell  or cain may

I'm going to try and watch some episodes of All or Nothing this weekend.  My wife normally takes care of the kids during the day and we watch a little Netflix/Prime/Hulu at night together after the kids have gone to bed but before we do.  But she isn't interested in this sort of thing.  

However my wife works part time overnight shifts a couple weekends a year while I stay with the kids (as they are sleeping and also the next day while she sleeps).  And she is working this weekend.  So I should have some time to watch it.