Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Horseshoe Blue PPR 2019

19 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

@Lucky Colts Fan, @BPindy, @Matthew Gilbert, @Bluefire4, @WarGhost21, @onebad150, @Btown_Colt

First off I'd like to thank everyone for one of the most interesting and intense seasons I've ever seen. We currently have two teams with 9-4 records,  two teams with 8-5 records,  and two teams with 7-6 records.  

There is zero room for error for those 6 teams, as 4th place is still up in the air. Unfortunate season for the others. 

Second I want to apologise for the lack of trophies this year.  I hope ESPN finds a way to bring them back. 

But with the end of the season,  comes the end of season review and discussion about things we might want to change for next year. 

A few of thoughts I would like to present to the league; 

1. instituting one or two IR spots. Allowing us to stash our "O" designated players instead of dropping them in order to pick up a replacement.  Thoughts? If you want IR, how many slots, 1 or 2?

2. Maintain two divisions,  or have one division and the top 4 records make the playoffs.  It didn't happen this season,  but in the past we have had a team not make the playoffs while a division winner with a worse record does.  Thoughts?

3. Having 6 teams in playoffs with 1 and 2 seeds getting a bye.  This would require us reducing the season by one game,  and is more applicable in a league with one division. But can be instituted in a two division league. We use to have a 13 game season when the championship covered two weeks. So that's not new. 

4. Waiver wire. Continue with rotational order,  or change to Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB). For those unfamiliar with FAAB, you essentially get $100 in fake money,  for the season,  to blind bid on waiver pickups. You don't see what others are bidding,  so you just have to guess how much that player might go for and manage how much your willing to spend. When you run out of money,  you essentially have to bid $0 and hope nobody else picks up that player.  Gives you a better chance at getting waiver pickups, instead of relying on the randomness of waiver orders. 

Finally,  this was suggested by Team Hulce, to make it a money league. Doesn't have to be expensive,  $5, $10, $20. Thoughts?

Any other suggestions that the league wants to propose?

Thanks again and look forward to discussing. 

Thanks again for running this league. I do enjoy it.

Here are my votes:

1. Yes, but only for players who are placed on IR by their teams, which is what I think you meant. Not for any player that is injured and doubtful or ruled out for a week. I’d prefer two spots but I’d be ok if it was just one.

2. Not sure I care either way....maybe someone will post why they are for or against and will persuade my decision.

3. I am open to increasing the amount of teams that make the playoffs. I don’t think it has been an issue with this league, but I am in another league that increased the the number of teams and it has helped to keep everyone engaged and setting good lineups each week.

4. Keep it as is.

5. I would be willing to pay. 

Thanks again. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Thanks again for running this league. I do enjoy it.

Here are my votes:

1. Yes, but only for players who are placed on IR by their teams, which is what I think you meant. Not for any player that is injured and doubtful or ruled out for a week. I’d prefer two spots but I’d be ok if it was just one.

2. Not sure I care either way....maybe someone will post why they are for or against and will persuade my decision.

3. I am open to increasing the amount of teams that make the playoffs. I don’t think it has been an issue with this league, but I am in another league that increased the the number of teams and it has helped to keep everyone engaged and setting good lineups each week.

4. Keep it as is.

5. I would be willing to pay. 

Thanks again. 

1. Currently in my Yahoo league, if a player gets ruled out, then they can go on IR. So for instance,  Davante Adams was never put on IR, but was out for a significant amount of time.  He would be eligible for an IR slot.  Limiting to IR-R does add some flexibility,  but since this does not happen too often,  it essentially would not make much of a difference. 

2. My point was not necessarily my actual opinion as an arguement for, but just stating the main argument for, helping top prevent poorer teams from making the playoffs over better teams. 

3. Good point, I didn't think about that. 

4. Thanks

5. I'll have to check more into it,  but leaguesafe is an app/site I've heard is a good tool to manage buy-ins over a personal pay pal account.  Essentially putting it into a 3rd party pot that the commissioner then pays out at the end of the season 

Thanks for voting so quickly on these. 

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Lucky Colts Fan, @BPindy, @Matthew Gilbert, @Bluefire4, @WarGhost21, @onebad150, @Btown_Colt

First off I'd like to thank everyone for one of the most interesting and intense seasons I've ever seen. We currently have two teams with 9-4 records,  two teams with 8-5 records,  and two teams with 7-6 records.  

There is zero room for error for those 6 teams, as 4th place is still up in the air. Unfortunate season for the others. 

Second I want to apologise for the lack of trophies this year.  I hope ESPN finds a way to bring them back. 

But with the end of the season,  comes the end of season review and discussion about things we might want to change for next year. 

A few of thoughts I would like to present to the league; 

1. instituting one or two IR spots. Allowing us to stash our "O" designated players instead of dropping them in order to pick up a replacement.  Thoughts? If you want IR, how many slots, 1 or 2?

2. Maintain two divisions,  or have one division and the top 4 records make the playoffs.  It didn't happen this season,  but in the past we have had a team not make the playoffs while a division winner with a worse record does.  Thoughts?

3. Having 6 teams in playoffs with 1 and 2 seeds getting a bye.  This would require us reducing the season by one game,  and is more applicable in a league with one division. But can be instituted in a two division league. We use to have a 13 game season when the championship covered two weeks. So that's not new. 

4. Waiver wire. Continue with rotational order,  or change to Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB). For those unfamiliar with FAAB, you essentially get $100 in fake money,  for the season,  to blind bid on waiver pickups. You don't see what others are bidding,  so you just have to guess how much that player might go for and manage how much your willing to spend. When you run out of money,  you essentially have to bid $0 and hope nobody else picks up that player.  Gives you a better chance at getting waiver pickups, instead of relying on the randomness of waiver orders. 

Finally,  this was suggested by Team Hulce, to make it a money league. Doesn't have to be expensive,  $5, $10, $20. Thoughts?

Any other suggestions that the league wants to propose?

Thanks again and look forward to discussing. 

Thanks for managing this league!

1.  I'd like to have one IR spot.  We can make it just a "reserve" spot for injured players, not necessarily players actually on IR irl.

2.  I can see the benefits of both scenarios, so I don't really care either way.

3.  I like the idea of more teams making the playoffs.

4.  I'm ok with the way it is.

5.  I'd be willing to pay a small ante.  Then we'd have to decide how the winnings get distributed.  (League champ gets 100% vs rewards for 1st and 2nd, with 3rd getting their money back, etc.)

Thanks again, and Good Luck the rest of the season!  :thmup:

• Thanks 1

1) I’d want a IR spot for sure

2) Either is fine

3) That sounds good to me

4) I like FAAB but I don’t care if we do it one way or another

5) I like it as a free league, as I don’t have much extra cash floating around. If the majority votes for this though I can just dip out. 

Great season, everyone!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Thanks for managing this league!

1.  I'd like to have one IR spot.  We can make it just a "reserve" spot for injured players, not necessarily players actually on IR irl.

2.  I can see the benefits of both scenarios, so I don't really care either way.

3.  I like the idea of more teams making the playoffs.

4.  I'm ok with the way it is.

5.  I'd be willing to pay a small ante.  Then we'd have to decide how the winnings get distributed.  (League champ gets 100% vs rewards for 1st and 2nd, with 3rd getting their money back, etc.)

Thanks again, and Good Luck the rest of the season!  :thmup:

Depends on how small.  I can see a $5 buy-in having 100% go to 1st. Typically in much larger leagues (in a $50 league myself). 1st place gets 50%, 2nd gets 27% ($135) 3rd place gets their money back and the remaining $65 is allocated for high scores each week ($5 for each week for 13 weeks).

Could also see $40, then 2nd and 3rd get their money back, or $35, $10, $5.

But typically you see winner take all in low buy-ins. 

Just up to the league to decide.  However,  I always like to see a 7/10 vote before instituting any changes. 

5 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

1) I’d want a IR spot for sure

2) Either is fine

3) That sounds good to me

4) I like FAAB but I don’t care if we do it one way or another

5) I like it as a free league, as I don’t have much extra cash floating around. If the majority votes for this though I can just dip out. 

Great season, everyone!!

Thanks for the votes.

I would hate to see you out of the league.  I feel your pain,  as me and my wife play,  that's double the buy in for me with only half the chance at winning cause she's terrible... don't tell her I said that lol.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:09 AM, Narcosys said:

Thanks for the votes.

I would hate to see you out of the league.  I feel your pain,  as me and my wife play,  that's double the buy in for me with only half the chance at winning cause she's terrible... don't tell her I said that lol.

I have really enjoyed being part of this league, And thought all the idea's were find except the bidding on waiver wire prospects. I am good with whatever the majority decides. Go Colt's

3 hours ago, onebad150 said:

I have really enjoyed being part of this league, And thought all the idea's were find except the bidding on waiver wire prospects. I am good with whatever the majority decides. Go Colt's

Lol, 

There is no majority vote when the majority says I'm fine with everyone else! Lol.

Going to need some definitives from you people lol

14 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Lol, 

There is no majority vote when the majority says I'm fine with everyone else! Lol.

Going to need some definitives from you people lol

OK here is my definite opinion (definitives)  If it is not broke ,,,,,,, Why are we fixing it????

2 hours ago, onebad150 said:

OK here is my definite opinion (definitives)  If it is not broke ,,,,,,, Why are we fixing it????

Oh it's not necessarily a fix, but rather introducing things that might improve everyone's experience (IR slots for example) or add some variety from year to year (FAAB vs standard waiver order). 

Just to expand people's experiences.

@Btown_Colt

You fell back there at the end. I hope it continues instead of having another unfortunate loss like our last matchup where I scored 140. Though our projections are pretty close, I'm really rooting for one of your players. I've got Thomas in my money league, helped get me to the semis last week and I really need some good points from him this week as I face the #1 seed.  Our projections in that league are only a point and a half difference. So lets both hope for a 40pt game from him...but only catching TDs from Taysom Hill and not brees lol.

GL

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 4:41 AM, Narcosys said:

@Btown_Colt

You fell back there at the end. I hope it continues instead of having another unfortunate loss like our last matchup where I scored 140. Though our projections are pretty close, I'm really rooting for one of your players. I've got Thomas in my money league, helped get me to the semis last week and I really need some good points from him this week as I face the #1 seed.  Our projections in that league are only a point and a half difference. So lets both hope for a 40pt game from him...but only catching TDs from Taysom Hill and not brees lol.

GL

Yea my RB’s have hurt big time the last month or so. I knew I wouldn’t make it far in the playoffs unless I had players go off or some 0’s by the opponent. 

Its OK, I’ve  managed to win the last 2 years. I’ll get the crown back next year! Your team is going to be hard to beat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

Yea my RB’s have hurt big time the last month or so. I knew I wouldn’t make it far in the playoffs unless I had players go off or some 0’s by the opponent. 

Its OK, I’ve  managed to win the last 2 years. I’ll get the crown back next year! Your team is going to be hard to beat. 

Ya, I'm pretty amazed at my PF. I'll have to look,  but that might be a league high. 

I hope I can beat Hulce, but he always pulls some nonsense out against me. It'll be a rematch of our inaugural season.

• Like 1