Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
coltsfeva

Article on Howard Mudd

If he “raises the play” of the Oline, and they can stay healthy, this is gonna be a fun year.

The 1-5 start had backups at the tackle position and I don’t think it’s a coincidence we started winning games, once Castonzo and Smith started.

In the article, he mentions Howard Jones as the best he’s coached. I was getting an autograph from Freeney once and asked him who’s the best he’s faced. I then asked “what about the pair from the Bengals” and he conceded they were “athletic”.  

https://www.colts.com/news/howard-mudd-talks-blocking-technique-quenton-nelson-on-move-the-sticks-podcast

54 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

If he “raises the play” of the Oline, and they can stay healthy, this is gonna be a fun year.

The 1-5 start had backups at the tackle position and I don’t think it’s a coincidence we started winning games, once Castonzo and Smith started.

In the article, he mentions Howard Jones as the best he’s coached. I was getting an autograph from Freeney once and asked him who’s the best he’s faced. I then asked “what about the pair from the Bengals” and he conceded they were “athletic”.  

https://www.colts.com/news/howard-mudd-talks-blocking-technique-quenton-nelson-on-move-the-sticks-podcast

Edit: Mudd listed Walter Jones as the best he’d coached. My bad

• Like 1

In the article there is a link to listen to the podcast.  I would highly recommend that for anyone, it gives some great information and is really an education on what to look for when watching the oline.

• Like 2