Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden NFL 20 Ratings: Colts Veterans

MTC

3 minutes ago, J@son said:

well, all of the skills will increase a player's overall, but some will increase the overall quicker than others.  awareness does usually have the biggest impact on a player's overall rating though.  also, i don't think you're using the word "threshold" correctly. 

3 minutes ago, J@son said:

well, all of the skills will increase a player's overall, but some will increase the overall quicker than others.  awareness does usually have the biggest impact on a player's overall rating though.  also, i don't think you're using the word "threshold" correctly. 

all of the numbers are ‘thresholds’ for the players overall ... i am using it correctly since that’s what they are

6 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

awareness is actually the threshold that increases every players overall but  yu knw it all.

awareness is over rated.  madden amuses young players almost never high have awareness too

really only a few stats matter per position 

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

awareness is over rated.  madden amuses young players almost never high have awareness too

ok yu win dnt quote me again

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

What is the highest rating a player can have? Is it 100? Nelson at 97 for strength isn't even right, he should be 99 if that is the highest or 100 for that. I seriously doubt anyone is stronger than him.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is the highest rating a player can have? Is it 100? Nelson at 97 for strength isn't even right, he should be 99 if that is the highest or 100 for that. I seriously doubt anyone is stronger than him

looks like 99 is still the highest

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

Madden 20 at launch ratings 

Quenton Nelson

82 awr 

97 strength 

65 speed 

86 pb 

88 rb 

85 rbf 

82 rbf 

88 lbk 

Zack Martin ‘20 

93 awr 

93 strength      

70 speed 

pb 95 

rb 97 

pbf 92 

rbf 95 

lbk 94 

All the numbers are thresholds. Martin is an established lineman that has proven his ability to earn and maintain these numbers. As Nelson progresses and establishes his name the ratings will reflect that. OLineman isn’t a glamour position. 

i’m already speaking too much about what is really common sense. Martin was rated a 78ovr (83rb/84pb/89str) as a rookie and through his play combined w league wide recognition earned a a current 96 ovr. it comes w time due to the position.

It shouldn't matter if OL is a glamour position or not.  They should use the same criteria to rate all positions.  If an OL as a rookie has to earn his rating over several years as you say, then so should a QB, WR or anyone else.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, J@son said:

It shouldn't matter if OL is a glamour position or not.  They should use the same criteria to rate all positions.  If an OL as a rookie has to earn his rating over several years as you say, then so should a QB, WR or anyone else.  

they do its a game bruh

put saquon at lineman and see what happens 

its easy to see a skill gap between good qbs and bad ones because attributes pop on screen and they have theses things called stats that aid the process of separating good/avg/bad players 

yu knw quenton is good bc yu care about the colts, everybody doesn’t. i showed yu Zack Martin didn’t start at a 96 ovr. He & the cowboys earned that rating. the foundation is being built for nelson to get better ratings en madden”lol”  but until yu can quantitatively prove he is the best lineman this is the nature of the game.

im done giving yu common sense if yu dnt get it dnt worry about it

1 hour ago, MFT5 said:

they do its a game bruh

uh, yeah I realize that.  But they're striving for the most accurate experience as possible and if what you say is true then they should really change up their ratings process.  Members of one position group shouldn't have to "earn" their rating while others don't.

put saquon at lineman and see what happens 

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here.

its easy to see a skill gap between good qbs and bad ones because attributes pop on screen and they have theses things called stats that aid the process of separating good/avg/bad players 

it's easy to see a skill gap between good OL and bad OL as well so I'm not buying that argument.

Your overarching point it seems is basically that EA Sports does a better job of setting the ratings for skill players than they do for trench players and it's because they don't care as much about trench players.  I get that and agree you're likely right.  however I don't think it has anything to do with making trench players "earn" their ratings vs skill players but rather more to do with either laziness or being too cheap to hire people who can (more) accurately grade trench players.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J@son said:

uh, yeah I realize that.  But they're striving for the most accurate experience as possible and if what you say is true then they should really change up their ratings process.  Members of one position group shouldn't have to "earn" their rating while others don't.

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here.

it's easy to see a skill gap between good OL and bad OL as well so I'm not buying that argument.

Your overarching point it seems is basically that EA Sports does a better job of setting the ratings for skill players than they do for trench players and it's because they don't care as much about trench players.  I get that and agree you're likely right.  however I don't think it has anything to do with making trench players "earn" their ratings vs skill players but rather more to do with either laziness or being too cheap to hire people who can (more) accurately grade trench players.

Nelson having an 82 for awareness is just silly, he is the best O.Lineman I have seen since Larry Allen. 

4 hours ago, MFT5 said:

Madden 20 at launch ratings 

Quenton Nelson

82 awr 

97 strength 

65 speed 

86 pb 

88 rb 

85 rbf 

82 rbf 

88 lbk 

Zack Martin ‘20 

93 awr 

93 strength      

70 speed 

pb 95 

rb 97 

pbf 92 

rbf 95 

lbk 94 

All the numbers are thresholds. Martin is an established lineman that has proven his ability to earn and maintain these numbers. As Nelson progresses and establishes his name the ratings will reflect that. OLineman isn’t a glamour position. 

i’m already speaking too much about what is really common sense. Martin was rated a 78ovr (83rb/84pb/89str) as a rookie and through his play combined w league wide recognition earned a a current 96 ovr. it comes w time due to the position.

But wait a minute, according to you Madden has "a new system where there’s a rating gap between the best and worst players. so it’s a revamping of logic where a players 19 rating isn’t equal to a 20 rating."  So based on that, then it should not matter what the history was, it should just be based on soley on this years player evaluation.

it's funny, you (or should I say yu) jump on people because they don't buy the Madden ratings and then you complain about DL be rated lower than Vander.  So which is it?  Are their ratings the gospel like you want to believe or are they flawed?

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i'll add that awareness can be important for guys that play in coverage, but it doesnt do much for offensive players or dline.

Awareness is one of the most important OL stats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

But wait a minute, according to you Madden has "a new system where there’s a rating gap between the best and worst players. so it’s a revamping of logic where a players 19 rating isn’t equal to a 20 rating."  So based on that, then it should not matter what the history was, it should just be based on soley on this years player evaluation.

it's funny, you (or should I say yu) jump on people because they don't buy the Madden ratings and then you complain about DL be rated lower than Vander.  So which is it?  Are their ratings the gospel like you want to believe or are they flawed?

“jumping” lol y’all are slow i compared Leonard to another rookie who leonard had a better season than. i’m smart and there aren’t too many flaws if any en my logic. 

im not saying it’s gospel im telling yu why a player is rated what they’re rated. my reasoning is based on the facts the games has given me to wrk with.

and of course yu have to take en a players past year for context of a new season en regards to madden bc that’s the foundation of where that player will begin the new season.

ratings increase and decline throughout the season. just because yu have NELSON as the best G wn the league, he has to show a marginal improvement on a consistent trajectory to get a higher rating. 

its literally the same for every player 

mahomes started the year at a 80 and threw for 4tds a week and climbed to a 95 ovr. yu have to wrk for it

13 hours ago, MFT5 said:

“jumping” lol y’all are slow i compared Leonard to another rookie who leonard had a better season than. i’m smart and there aren’t too many flaws if any en my logic. 

If you say so.  It's not evident from your posts

13 hours ago, MFT5 said:

im not saying it’s gospel im telling yu why a player is rated what they’re rated. my reasoning is based on the facts the games has given me to wrk with.

And I accepted that.  I'm just saying their previous method was flawed and their new method is flawed as well.

13 hours ago, MFT5 said:

and of course yu have to take en a players past year for context of a new season en regards to madden bc that’s the foundation of where that player will begin the new season.

But you are equating real life to the game.  Of course in the game a player is going to increase/decrease based on certain items.  For example, if somewhere were to play Madden 2019 through the 2019 season and then start the 2020 season, players ratings would increase/decrease based on the games algorithms.  But that doesn't have anything to do with real life and an actual players ratings.

13 hours ago, MFT5 said:

ratings increase and decline throughout the season. just because yu have NELSON as the best G wn the league, he has to show a marginal improvement on a consistent trajectory to get a higher rating. 

Wow, thanks.  Again, a lot of the Madden ratings leave me scratching my head.

13 hours ago, MFT5 said:

its literally the same for every player 

mahomes started the year at a 80 and threw for 4tds a week and climbed to a 95 ovr. yu have to wrk for it

But according to you, it's not the same for every player.  You claimed that for oline it was a cumulative based on all their years but with skilled positions since they have more tangible skill sets, their ratings can be based on less information.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

And I accepted that.  I'm just saying their previous method was flawed and their new method is flawed as well.

But you are equating real life to the game.  Of course in the game a player is going to increase/decrease based on certain items.  For example, if somewhere were to play Madden 2019 through the 2019 season and then start the 2020 season, players ratings would increase/decrease based on the games algorithms.  But that doesn't have anything to do with real life and an actual players ratings.

But according to you, it's not the same for every player.  You claimed that for oline it was a cumulative based on all their years but with skilled positions since they have more tangible skill sets, their ratings can be based on less information.

You have to admit, you guys have made this thread entertaining. Training camp doesn't start until next week so we need something haha 

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

its different for olineman bc yu can’t quantitatively justify if they’re good or bad.

yu can justify w numbers a rapid increase in ratings bc tds and yards and completion % is easy to see OL dnt have that luxury. so the rate the improvement is expressed takes more time.

This is simple to comprehend 

Nelson went from a 82 to 87 

if he has another season like last he will improve maybe 5-6 ovr points. 

so en m21 he’s a 92ovr rinse/repeat ...

... and thru 3 years hes a 95-97 ovr which truly is rare for OL anyway. 

im done if y’all dnt get it dnt worry about it

3 hours ago, MFT5 said:

its different for olineman bc yu can’t quantitatively justify if they’re good or bad.

yu can justify w numbers a rapid increase in ratings bc tds and yards and completion % is easy to see OL dnt have that luxury. so the rate the improvement is expressed takes more time.

This is simple to comprehend 

Nelson went from a 82 to 87 

if he has another season like last he will improve maybe 5-6 ovr points. 

so en m21 he’s a 92ovr rinse/repeat ...

... and thru 3 years hes a 95-97 ovr which truly is rare for OL anyway. 

im done if y’all dnt get it dnt worry about it

Your posts are painful to read.