Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden NFL 20 Ratings: Colts Veterans

MTC

Jack Doyle I would downgrade from 86 to 82.

Darius Leonard upgrade from 84 to 88.

Jabaal Sheard upgrade from 82 to 84.

Pierre Desir and Kenny Moore more like 81-84, instead of 79 and 80.

Denico Autry at 76 is a joke, last year had him at 80, what did he do to lose the ratings?

Rigo Sanchez at 74 is a joke.

Mark Glowinski should be 78 or so, not 74.

Jacoby Brisset at 71 is a joke.

Anthony Walker at 69 is a joke, minimum 75.

Le'Raven Clark at 56 is a joke, if he was that bad, we would have a highlight reel of his bad moves *cough* Austin Howard *cough*

they have our kickers pretty low for some reason. they were good last year but madden rated them 74 and 78?  

Autry was  shafted too, no way he should be below geathers 

Nelson and Leonard were better than those ratings too, but thats a nit pick 

Some of those ratings don't make sense.

How did Nelson not improve?

How did Leonard drop?

How did Glow drop 4 points?

How did Walker drop 7?

I love the Madden games, they are still fun to play, but their ratings cause me to scratch my head a lot of times.

To all those wondering about the players who dropped in ratings, the Madden team mentioned that they were "expanding" their rating system.  Where it pretty much used to be 99 to 60 (ish), it'll now be 99 to 30 (ish).

I'm not saying our LBs aren't rated lower than they should be, but there will be plenty of teams with starters in the 60s this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Yet another pile of dumpster trash courtesy of the all seeing, all knowing social media.

So many questions...

How do you know that a game is a "pile of dumpster trash" if you haven't even played it yet?

What's the difference between "dumpster trash" and regular trash?

Madden has been around since 1988, so how is it "courtesy" of social media?

How is social media "all seeing, all knowing"?

What are you on, and can I have some?

• Haha 1

I understand that the rating system was changed this year and more players will be in the 60-80 range, but I question why Darius Leonard is an 84 OVR when Derwin James is 87 OVR and Leighton Vander Esch is 86 OVR.  I think James and LVE are both phenomenal young defensive stars, but they should not be higher than Leonard after Leonard wins DROY.  They should all be at 87 or Leonard at 87 and those two at 86 OVR.   

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So many questions...

How do you know that a game is a "pile of dumpster trash" if you haven't even played it yet?

What's the difference between "dumpster trash" and regular trash?

Madden has been around since 1988, so how is it "courtesy" of social media?

How is social media "all seeing, all knowing"?

What are you on, and can I have some?

I hope you did not spend a lot of time on that post.

Just now, King Colt said:

That's all you got?!

What are you doing?  Are you trying to insult me?  Are we in some sort of contest right now?  I honestly can't tell...  :scratch:

Were you trying to insult Madden and social media in the same post?  Like there's some sort of correlation?

I've never seen someone whose posts require this much explanation.  haha

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Some of those ratings don't make sense.

How did Nelson not improve?

How did Leonard drop?

How did Glow drop 4 points?

How did Walker drop 7?

I love the Madden games, they are still fun to play, but their ratings cause me to scratch my head a lot of times.

they have a new system where there’s a rating gap between the best and worst players. so it’s a revamping of logic where a players 19 rating isn’t equal to a 20 rating.

if yu play madden yu would knw this 

glow dropping 4 rating points isn’t a sign he declined, it’s a recalibration to put him into perspective w the entire league. 

i do do have a problem w LVE being ratted higher than the DROY tho

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MFT5 said:

they have a new system where there’s a rating gap between the best and worst players. so it’s a revamping of logic where a players 19 rating isn’t equal to a 20 rating.

if yu play madden yu would knw this 

glow dropping 4 rating points isn’t a sign he declined, it’s a recalibration to put him into perspective w the entire league. 

i do do have a problem w LVE being ratted higher than the DROY tho

Thanks for the explanation.  I do play Madden with my kid, I don't research it and keep up with their grading system outside of what I see here.

That being said, their ratings still leave me scratching my head and have very little to do with a players ability.  And if they recalibrate to put him into perspective then that means their system before was flawed, which also means there is a good chance their current system is flawed which means the numbers don't make much sense.

52 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Thanks for the explanation.  I do play Madden with my kid, I don't research it and keep up with their grading system outside of what I see here.

That being said, their ratings still leave me scratching my head and have very little to do with a players ability.  And if they recalibrate to put him into perspective then that means their system before was flawed, which also means there is a good chance their current system is flawed which means the numbers don't make much sense.

why do yu want to be right so bad. what do yu knw that is perfect to yu and everyone else

11 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

10 hours ago, MFT5 said:

why do yu want to be right so bad. what do yu knw that is perfect to yu and everyone else

It's all subjective.  Quenton Nelson is probably the best guard in the NFL, but he barely cracks the top-10 guards according to Madden...  :dunno:

14 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It's all subjective.  Quenton Nelson is probably the best guard in the NFL, but he barely cracks the top-10 guards according to Madden...  :dunno:

he was a rookie, consistency is the key here.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

What in the world are you talking about?

i can see your flaws. yu want to be right so yu keep expressing the fact that a system is flawed instead of seeing changes are being made to remedy a solution. 

‘welcome to the world’

39 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

i can see your flaws. yu want to be right so yu keep expressing the fact that a system is flawed instead of seeing changes are being made to remedy a solution. 

‘welcome to the world’

You have some serious issues my friend.  If you want to believe Madden ratings are gospel and above reproach then by all means be my guest.  Personally, I will continue to think for myself.  Flaws and all.

51 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

he was a rookie, consistency is the key here.

Mahomes has only played one season, yet he's already the best QB in the game with a 97 rating.  Barkley was also a rookie, yet he's the #5 RB with a rating of 91.

While Nelson was voted to the Pro Bowl and All-Pro, but is like G #8 with a rating of 87, behind guys like Ali Marpet and Kevin Zeitler...

How is that consistent?  Again, it's all subjective according to EA game developers.

14 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Mahomes has only played one season, yet he's already the best QB in the game with a 97 rating.  Barkley was also a rookie, yet he's the #5 RB with a rating of 91.

While Nelson was voted to the Pro Bowl and All-Pro, but is like G #8 with a rating of 87, behind guys like Ali Marpet and Kevin Zeitler...

How is that consistent?  Again, it's all subjective according to EA game developers.

qbs and rbs have tangible abilities yu can see throughout a game (speed, throw power, accuracy, elusiveness)

Mahomes had one of the best seasons All Time and Barkely literally does everything yu can do as a rb as good or better than his piers. yu can see it, it flashes 

Nelson is a guard, madden is skill position driven. it’s common sense. ppl don’t look en the trenches and say this lineman’s technique is AMAZING. yu want him rated highly bc he is a colt and yu want what yu see reflected i get it. 

As a guard he has to consistently show he is improving and maintain his elite level. everything isn’t created equal why yu can’t grasp this fact idk

8 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

qbs and rbs have tangible abilities yu can see throughout a game (speed, throw power, accuracy, elusiveness)

Mahomes had one of the best seasons All Time and Barkely literally does everything yu can do as a rb as good or better than his piers. yu can see it, it flashes 

Nelson is a guard, madden is skill position driven. it’s common sense. ppl don’t look en the trenches and say this lineman’s technique is AMAZING. yu want him rated highly bc he is a colt and yu want what yu see reflected i get it. 

As a guard he has to consistently show he is improving and maintain his elite level. everything isn’t created equal why yu can’t grasp this fact idk

then why does madden also include attributes such as run blocking power, pass blocking power, run blocking footwork, pass blocking footwork, impact blocking, etc?

5 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

yu want him rated highly bc he is a colt and yu want what yu see reflected i get it.

True.  I'm a super-homer.  haha  Because of that, I've always felt like EA slights Colts players every year, except for maybe a handful of players (mainly Manning).

I was expecting Nelson and Leonard to be at least 90 OVR after being voted All-Pro.  I figured if Mahomes and Barkley are in the conversation for top-5 at their position, then our two guys should be too.

Especially after the season they had.  I thought Leonard had a great all-time season for a LB.  And Nelson was smothering elite defenders from Geno Atkins in week 1 to Clowney and Watt at the end of the season.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, J@son said:

then why does madden also include attributes such as run blocking power, pass blocking power, run blocking footwork, pass blocking footwork, impact blocking, etc?

Madden 20 at launch ratings 

Quenton Nelson

82 awr 

97 strength 

65 speed 

86 pb 

88 rb 

85 rbf 

82 rbf 

88 lbk 

Zack Martin ‘20 

93 awr 

93 strength      

70 speed 

pb 95 

rb 97 

pbf 92 

rbf 95 

lbk 94 

All the numbers are thresholds. Martin is an established lineman that has proven his ability to earn and maintain these numbers. As Nelson progresses and establishes his name the ratings will reflect that. OLineman isn’t a glamour position. 

i’m already speaking too much about what is really common sense. Martin was rated a 78ovr (83rb/84pb/89str) as a rookie and through his play combined w league wide recognition earned a a current 96 ovr. it comes w time due to the position.

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

True.  I'm a super-homer.  haha  Because of that, I've always felt like EA slights Colts players every year, except for maybe a handful of players (mainly Manning).

I was expecting Nelson and Leonard to be at least 90 OVR after being voted All-Pro.  I figured if Mahomes and Barkley are in the conversation for top-5 at their position, then our two guys should be too.

Especially after the season they had.  I thought Leonard had a great all-time season for a LB.  And Nelson was smothering elite defenders from Geno Atkins in week 1 to Clowney and Watt at the end of the season.  :dunno:

Darius being rated under LVE is my only issue. LVE should only have strength over Darius that’s it. but don’t get me wrong LVE is 6’4” 255lbs he’s good

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

Madden 20 at launch ratings 

Quenton Nelson

82 awr 

97 strength 

65 speed 

86 pb 

88 rb 

85 rbf 

82 rbf 

88 lbk 

Zack Martin ‘20 

93 awr 

93 strength      

70 speed 

pb 95 

rb 97 

pbf 92 

rbf 95 

lbk 94 

All the numbers are thresholds. Martin is an established lineman that has proven his ability to earn and maintain these numbers. As Nelson progresses and establishes his name the ratings will reflect that. OLineman isn’t a glamour position. 

i’m already speaking too much about what is really common sense. Martin was rated a 78ovr (83rb/84pb/89str) as a rookie and through his play combined w league wide recognition earned a a current 96 ovr. it comes w time due to the position.

madden tends to under rate rookies and young players, and its been that way forever. 

i dont think they should have to "establish" themselves when its a year to year game and these guys are playing great right now but thats how it is.  awareness is almost irrelevant for guards in madden too, doesnt make them any more likely to block the right guy.  

Just now, aaron11 said:

madden tends to under rate rookies and young players, and its been that way forever. 

i dont think they should have to "establish" themselves when its a year to year game and these guys are playing great right now but thats how it is.  awareness is almost irrelevant for guards in madden too, doesnt make them any more likely to block the right guy.  

awareness is actually the threshold that increases every players overall but  yu knw it all.

1 minute ago, MFT5 said:

awareness is actually the threshold that increases every players overall but  yu knw it all.

well, all of the skills will increase a player's overall, but some will increase the overall quicker than others.  awareness does usually have the biggest impact on a player's overall rating though.  also, i don't think you're using the word "threshold" correctly.