Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buy, Beware, and Sleeper

CR91

This is a list of players that you should buy into and beware along with some sleeper picks as well.

Buy

QB- Baker Mayfield

This isn't about the hype surrounding the browns. Baker has the potential imo to be a top 10 talent and that was before adding Hunt and Beckham.

RB- David Johnson

David johnson can be RB1 in fantasy. Murray is gonna take a lot of attention away from Johnson and Kingsbury's offense imo will use Johnson in a lot of different ways

WR- Juju Smith-Schuster

No more AB means a lot more targets for Juju. Yes that also means he gets WR1 attention from defenses, but I see this as something similar to when Hilton took over as the man after Reggie retired.

TE- T.J Hockenson

Perhaps more of a sleeper pick, but I can see Hockenson being a monster in this league. He has a similar game to Kettle and I can see similar production.

D/ST-Jaguars

This is more schedule based. The jags play a fourth place schedule and the talent on that defense is still similar to two years ago minus Telvin Smith. I also think Josh Allen can be a monster.

Beware

QB-Jared Goff

This is more about Todd Gurley and rather the Rams are dailing back his workload. If that is the case, I don't think that will benefit Goff as the rams putting the team on Goff does not equal the same success as the offense going through Gurley.

RB- Any Bucs RB

The bucs are not a running team and with Arians being the head coach, that will not change. Jones looked like a bust out of the gates and Barber is average.

WR- Amari Cooper

Cooper is currently being drafted as a WR2 which imo is too bust then boom for me. Cowboys are a running team that throw more check downs then attacking defenses vertically which Cooper is better at. I would feel better if he was a WR3.

TE- Eric Ebron

Hold on let me explain. Ebron was great, but keep in mind Doyle will be back and there are a lot more mouths to feed. Ebron will also most likely lose red zone targets to Funchess as well. I also see us running the football more in the red zone.

D/ST- Colts

Again let me explain, this has more to do with the QBs we're facing then my belief in our defense. Rivers, Ryan, Mahomes, Watson twice, Big Ben, Brees. That is not an easy schedule for our defense.

Sleeper

QB- Kyler Murray

Kyler is the perfect fantasy QB. He is a QB in a RB body with Olympic speed and in Kliff's offense, I can see a lot of yards and a lot of chances to score.

RB- David Montgomery

Montgomery imo will be the bell cow for the Bears. Cohen will steal carries and catches out of the backfield, however Montgomery will get the majority of the work and the goaline carries.

WR- Christian Kirk

Perhaps Im really high on the cards, but I can see Kirk playing a bigger role then Fitz in this offense with his speed. Also young QBs tend to target slot WRs more.

TE- Noah Fant

Fant can see a lot of targets early with Sanders recovering from his tore achilles and Sutton still being a bit raw. Also Flacco likes targeting TEs from Dennis Pitta to Ben Watson.

D/ST- Broncos

Broncos new head coach was the bears Def coordinator and I can see him transforming that defense especially with Miller and Chubb coming off the edge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

This is a list of players that you should buy into and beware along with some sleeper picks as well.

Buy

QB- Baker Mayfield

This isn't about the hype surrounding the browns. Baker has the potential imo to be a top 10 talent and that was before adding Hunt and Beckham.

RB- David Johnson

David johnson can be RB1 in fantasy. Murray is gonna take a lot of attention away from Johnson and Kingsbury's offense imo will use Johnson in a lot of different ways

WR- Juju Smith-Schuster

No more AB means a lot more targets for Juju. Yes that also means he gets WR1 attention from defenses, but I see this as something similar to when Hilton took over as the man after Reggie retired.

TE- T.J Hockenson

Perhaps more of a sleeper pick, but I can see Hockenson being a monster in this league. He has a similar game to Kettle and I can see similar production.

D/ST-Jaguars

This is more schedule based. The jags play a fourth place schedule and the talent on that defense is still similar to two years ago minus Telvin Smith. I also think Josh Allen can be a monster.

Beware

QB-Jared Goff

This is more about Todd Gurley and rather the Rams are dailing back his workload. If that is the case, I don't think that will benefit Goff as the rams putting the team on Goff does not equal the same success as the offense going through Gurley.

RB- Any Bucs RB

The bucs are not a running team and with Arians being the head coach, that will not change. Jones looked like a bust out of the gates and Barber is average.

WR- Amari Cooper

Cooper is currently being drafted as a WR2 which imo is too bust then boom for me. Cowboys are a running team that throw more check downs then attacking defenses vertically which Cooper is better at. I would feel better if he was a WR3.

TE- Eric Ebron

Hold on let me explain. Ebron was great, but keep in mind Doyle will be back and there are a lot more mouths to feed. Ebron will also most likely lose red zone targets to Funchess as well. I also see us running the football more in the red zone.

D/ST- Colts

Again let me explain, this has more to do with the QBs we're facing then my belief in our defense. Rivers, Ryan, Mahomes, Watson twice, Big Ben, Brees. That is not an easy schedule for our defense.

Sleeper

QB- Kyler Murray

Kyler is the perfect fantasy QB. He is a QB in a RB body with Olympic speed and in Kliff's offense, I can see a lot of yards and a lot of chances to score.

RB- David Montgomery

Montgomery imo will be the bell cow for the Bears. Cohen will steal carries and catches out of the backfield, however Montgomery will get the majority of the work and the goaline carries.

WR- Christian Kirk

Perhaps Im really high on the cards, but I can see Kirk playing a bigger role then Fitz in this offense with his speed. Also young QBs tend to target slot WRs more.

TE- Noah Fant

Fant can see a lot of targets early with Sanders recovering from his tore achilles and Sutton still being a bit raw. Also Flacco likes targeting TEs from Dennis Pitta to Ben Watson.

D/ST- Broncos

Broncos new head coach was the bears Def coordinator and I can see him transforming that defense especially with Miller and Chubb coming off the edge.

Pretty good list. Just to throw out another name, I would put Mitchell Trubisky on the beware list out of the teams that are supposed to be good. I still am not buying him as a guy that can lead the Bears deep into the playoffs.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty good list. Just to throw out another name, I would put Mitchell Trubisky on the beware list out of the teams that are supposed to be good. I still am not buying him as a guy that can lead the Bears deep into the playoffs.

I can see Trubisky taking a step back, but Goff tops my list.

Beware

QB-Jared Goff

I think that Goff will be just fine for this upcoming season. Gurley isn't going to be the full work horse but I honestly think Goff will take a step forward and lead the Rams to a good season regardless of Gurley's production.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 1:06 AM, CR91 said:

Buy

QB- Baker Mayfield

RB- David Johnson

WR- Juju Smith-Schuster

TE- T.J Hockenson

D/ST-Jaguars

Beware

QB-Jared Goff

RB- Any Bucs RB

WR- Amari Cooper

TE- Eric Ebron

D/ST- Colts

Sleeper

QB- Kyler Murray

RB- David Montgomery

WR- Christian Kirk

TE- Noah Fant

D/ST- Broncos

Great job. Thanks. 

I completely agree about Juju. I like James Conner too for the same reason you mentioned. 

Are you still high on Kyler Murray and the Cards after their first 2 pre-season games? 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Great job. Thanks. 

I completely agree about Juju. I like James Conner too for the same reason you mentioned. 

Are you still high on Kyler Murray and the Cards after their first 2 pre-season games? 

I am. I dont take much from the pre-season as youre lucky if their using 10 percent of the playbook