Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Chloe6124

Fountain is looking good

Recommended Posts

Going to come down to Fountain or Pascal I believe. Pascal had the hands and experience while Fountain is the better athlete. One will be on the PS and be first one up if an injury occurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still of the opinion that while players like Rogers, Inman, Grant and Pascal were a bit more polished - but don't have all of the front office's desired measurables - players like Cain, Fountain, Campbell, Funchess, Veasey and Johnson fall into the preferred measurables.

 

If Cain, Fountain or Johnson show continued refinement (with their noticeably better athletic ability) they will make the roster over those others.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Still of the opinion that while players like Rogers, Inman, Grant and Pascal were a bit more polished - but don't have all of the front office's desired measurables - players like Cain, Fountain, Campbell, Funchess, Veasey and Johnson fall into the preferred measurables.

 

If Cain, Fountain or Johnson show continued refinement (with their noticeably better athletic ability) they will make the roster over those others.

Grant and Inman are already gone I believe.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iron Colt said:

Grant and Inman are already gone I believe.

Yes I know, it was more a footnote to last year and limited (Johnson, Fountain) and no (Cain - Injured) making the roster.

 

With the polish garnered from last year, a full offseason of refinement, OTA's and Mini Camps its time for them to shine in Training Camp and claim their roles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I happen to believe that Cain is the odd man out as of right now in the WR corps.  Rogers is the clear #4 right now, and Fountain has a clear leg up on Cain - he’s a superior athlete and he’s been working very hard on routes when Cain’s been forced to rehab.  In the absence of injuries, I suppose we’ll be able to keep both by going with 6 WRs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Archer said:

I happen to believe that Cain is the odd man out as of right now in the WR corps.  Rogers is the clear #4 right now, and Fountain has a clear leg up on Cain - he’s a superior athlete and he’s been working very hard on routes when Cain’s been forced to rehab.  In the absence of injuries, I suppose we’ll be able to keep both by going with 6 WRs...

Cain will be the fourth or fifth receiver. You rarely use five anyway and I do not think they are going to cut him until they actually see what a healthy Cain can do. They can work him back in to the lineup slowly. They are way to excited about him. It would be totally shocking if they cut him. Not a surprise but shocking. If you follow Cain on Instagram he is looking really good and looks ready to go. 

 

What is going to be interesting to see if anyone outside of  Rogers or Pascal step up on punt returns. If Hines or Campbell steps up it will be easier for a guy like Fountain to make the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They can work him back in to the lineup slowly. 

This is where I think a lot of Colt fans could be disappointed - when was Cain ever IN the lineup?  He was obviously set up for more instant success than Fountain b/c of Clemson coaching and better competition (vis-a-vis that of N. Iowa).  However, Fountain has likely developed way more than Cain since he’s been in Indy.  And look up their workout numbers - Fountain is an incredible athlete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Archer said:

This is where I think a lot of Colt fans could be disappointed - when was Cain ever IN the lineup?  He was obviously set up for more instant success than Fountain b/c of Clemson coaching and better competition (vis-a-vis that of N. Iowa).  However, Fountain has likely developed way more than Cain since he’s been in Indy.  And look up their workout numbers - Fountain is an incredible athlete.

Fountain couldn’t  even make the roster last season when we had no receivers though. Instead of saying working back into the lineup I could of said bringing him into the lineup slowly. I noticed today that a lot of players on other teams were announced as being on Pup today. Doesn’t look like Cain will be. He looks really good on videos he posts on Instagram.  This team is so high on him and think he is going to be a star. It would be shocking if they let him go before they see what he can do when fully healthy. Fountain would really have to show star potential.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn’t shock me if our receiving core was TY, Funchess, Campbell, Cain and Fountain though. Especially if someone steps up on punt returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Fountain couldn’t  even make the roster last season when we had no receivers though. Instead of saying working back into the lineup I could of said bringing him into the lineup slowly. I noticed today that a lot of players on other teams were announced as being on Pup today. Doesn’t look like Cain will be. He looks really good on videos he posts on Instagram.  This team is so high on him and think he is going to be a star. It would be shocking if they let him go before they see what he can do when fully healthy. Fountain would really have to show star potential.

I hope Cain is a star.  I certainly liked what I was hearing last year out of TC.  My spidey-sense keeps telling me it’s going to be hard for him to compete with Fountain and Rogers after such a bad injury.  But, I think there’s a lot of deep talent on this team, and we’re gonna cut some people who make an impact on other teams this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your probably correct he might not be able to compete with Rogers and fountain right away. I think by mid season he should be pretty much back. If TY, Funchess, and Campbell are healthy though he doesn’t need to be fully back right away.

 

Like I said it won’t shock me if  Pascal and Rogers get cut and fountain makes it. Especially if Hines or Campbell step up on Punt Return duties.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Your probably correct he might not be able to compete with Rogers and fountain right away. I think by mid season he should be pretty much back. If TY, Funchess, and Campbell are healthy though he doesn’t need to be fully back right away.

 

Like I said it won’t shock me if  Pascal and Rogers get cut and fountain makes it. Especially if Hines or Campbell step up on Punt Return duties.

Yep, I think there’s a lot of talent in the WR corps, but I’m not sure who’s gonna really step up.  With the talent there, though, I’m sure that Reich will make the receiving corps into twice the unit that anyone in the media thinks it can be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good in mini camp is one thing, but until I see guys like Fountain and Cain produce on the field, I'll take the hype with a grain of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It was 4th down. If we are talking about the pass that was batted back to JB and then he tossed it to Doyle. 
    • Looking at Ballards term as GM it most certainly hasn’t been easy,   his first year coming in has to keep a HC he didn’t want and had to deal with Lucks injury.    then in The second year but his first full offseason. He loses his first selection for  head coach and has to find a new one late in the process.    Now in his third season he loses his franchise QB right before the season starts and has 4 WRs on IR (Funchess, Rogers, Campbell, Fountain)   Dude hasn’t caught a break lol
    • LOL.... You beat me to it!!
    • If we had a good QB, we are likely in the playoffs already. It is not the lnjuries that have derailed us. 
    • Never called him great... just saying he's played well enough for us to win just about every week.  While his time to throw is high, he's the 26th least sacked QB in the league.  I know he's missed a few reads throughout the season, but he's not turning the ball over or taking many sacks.  I think it's worth keeping in mind that after Campbell went to IR,  we currently have three TEs who were all undrafted free agents in the past, and one healthy WR who was drafted (in the 3rd round by AZ in 2017, Chad Williams), the rest are UDFAs until TY gets healthy.  He's not really surrounded with much talent to get the ball to when he's not handing it off.  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...