Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
coltsfeva

GMFB’s Colts’ “to do” list

Recommended Posts

   Get off to average start -  I don’t know if I agree with Brant on “getting off to an average start” because  we’re talking about 4 out of the first six games that could have playoff implications (LA, Tenn, KC and Houston). I don’t see Oakland getting their division or a wild card but that could be a difference maker either way.

   I mean, all games matter and 3-3 is certainly better than 1-5 but these first six games need to be statement games.

 

 

     Lean on Luck - This didn’t work against KC. The Colts are stressing team. The whole team lost that game and Reich admitted he got out coached.

  One of Ballard’s first quotes, when asked about Luck was “it’s never about one guy”.

     Don’t get me wrong; Andrew needs to play well but, thank God it’s not just Andrew and a bunch of “just guys” out there.

 

     Destroy your division - Sounds good, doesn’t it? I’m not sure we’ll see any blowouts but we’ve been playing Tenn and Houston well. Jacksonville has our number down there but things could change.

      Would love to see it though. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An average start with a strong finish will get us into the playoffs, but if we’re thinking SB, we can’t be dropping all our games to teams like LAC, KC, PIT, NO etc 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great advice Kyle gave.   It boiled down to "Win Games!".

 

I wonder why no one thought of that before?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to win week one. We have only won once in week one since 2012

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts have went 0-2 to start the season from 2014-2017, and lost the first game of the year every year except against the Raiders in 2013.  Colts need to set a new precedent of staying in rhythm all season and not being in must win scenarios during Weeks 3-5.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have a rhythm out of the gate, this team for the most part has the core intact from last year. There's pieces sprinkled in, but nothing monumental like Luck coming back. If they can keep last year's cohesion rolling (sans KC obv lol), I think they come out firing. I love how this team is being built. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not scared of the KC, NO, PIT games. Our players will come out with fire against the team that sent them away in the Divisional Round and as much as Pittsburgh has had our number over the years, they still haven't played us under Reich/Ballard.

 

I'm more concerned about the ATL, CAR, DEN games. These will still be good teams, they will most definitely be competitive. I need to see a Colts team whose foot does not ease up off that gas pedal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 7:04 PM, Caleb3502 said:

Colts have went 0-2 to start the season from 2014-2017, and lost the first game of the year every year except against the Raiders in 2013.  Colts need to set a new precedent of staying in rhythm all season and not being in must win scenarios during Weeks 3-5.  

I went to that raiders game we won.  Took a 4th quarter Colts touchdown to take the lead.  Then on the Raiders subsequent drive, went all the way down to the 10 yard line about to score and we get a huge sack and then a play later Bethea intercepts a pass to seal the game.  

 

Had we lost that game, we would not have another Week 1 win since 2009.  Pretty crazy considering the Colts overall record during that time span.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I went to that raiders game we won.  Took a 4th quarter Colts touchdown to take the lead.  Then on the Raiders subsequent drive, went all the way down to the 10 yard line about to score and we get a huge sack and then a play later Bethea intercepts a pass to seal the game.  

 

Had we lost that game, we would not have another Week 1 win since 2009.  Pretty crazy considering the Colts overall record during that time span.

   I agree that the first game is the most important game. But (getting back to Brant’s statement)  3-3 = meh.

 

    I tried to find NE’s record over the years for their openers and/or their first five games but couldn’t. But I’ll bet they were 1-0 a lot and had fast starts more than slow ones. 

 

 The results: They  got a bye in their 9th straight season last year  (13 since 2001).

 

    We need to stay ahead of those #%€^* and 3-3 ain’t gonna cut it.

    

   

     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

   I agree that the first game is the most important game. But (getting back to Brant’s statement)  3-3 = meh.

 

    I tried to find NE’s record over the years for their openers and/or their first five games but couldn’t. But I’ll bet they were 1-0 a lot and had fast starts more than slow ones. 

 

 The results: They  got a bye in their 9th straight season last year  (13 since 2001).

 

    We need to stay ahead of those #%€^* and 3-3 ain’t gonna cut it.

    

   

     

Short of going to football reference team page and clicking on each season record, I'll bet that information is difficult to find if google was your primary source.  

 

But your point is taken.  I agree, they are the gatekeepers for a reason.  We've been "rebuilding" for the better part of a decade at this point.  It's annoying and I think most fans (across the globe) just want this nightmare to end.  We'll get our shot again this year, but at least we're on the upswing and realizing improvement.  At the end of the day, if we're competitive with top tier teams, I can live with the fact we lost.  Not that nonsense last year against KC.  I just want to barf thinking about it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...