Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How's the 90 man roster built up

Peterk2011

One of my fellow hungarians (yep, I am NOT the only Colts fan out here lol :D) wrote an article about how the current 90 man roster built up by Ballard. Who were already here before he arrived, who he drafted, who were claimed, signed in FA, etc. My friend is not a professional sports writer, actually this is his very first public article, so please be aware of that lol :) 

Reading his article, I realized, that there are a number of players, who I know by name, but already forgot how and/or when he got here. So imo it'll be usefull to have every player and the way (and when) he was acquired in one article. When training camp starts and we start to hear names mentioned, we'll now who's who regarding all 90 players, not just the ones we all know already.

https://borbinho888.wixsite.com/football247/post/77-is-the-magic-number-the-ballard-method

(Btw, chew a bit on this number: 26. This many players, drafted by Ballard are on the current roster. 3 drafts, over 8.5 players per draft. Considering, that an average team picks 7 players in a draft, Ballard's success rate is 100% + 1.5 players / draft so far, if success rate is to make the roster. LOL :) 

Ok, I know, there won't be 26 on the final 53, but I fully expect 20 ish to be there. That is still around 7 players per draft. And that number already includes the early dropouts of the first 2 drafts. Impressive.)

• Like 4

Impressive run down, reading these lists I'm seeing many players from both FA and waivers who have become solid contributors to the team maybe not big names or home runs... but solid!

Thanks for posting this, your bud show promise.

Just more examples of what CB is building here, and the expertise he is showing.

Just now, jmac_48 said:

Impressive run down, reading these lists I'm seeing many players from both FA and waivers who have become solid contributors to the team maybe not big names or home runs... but solid!

Thanks for posting this, your bud shows promise.

Just more examples of what CB is building here, and the expertise he is showing.

• Like 1