Reggie Stays - Signs 3-Year Deal! [Merge]

TubaGuy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing with freeney is that it is getting clearer that we are probably switching to a 3-4. we resigned robert mathis to be used as the rush end/linebacker like suggs and harrison. freeneydoesnt really fit in to that. i think we could get him for a 2nd but you get what ya get.

We can still play a 4/3-3/4 hybrid...which I'm pretty sure is what Pagano said we were going to try and do anyway...

Adam Schefter just announced it via Twitter...

"Reggie Wayne re-signing a three-year deal with Colts. Agreement reached."

whatta ya figure he got?

I'll go with 21 mil, tho 15-18 would be more appropiate.

edit: oops just saw it up top. pretty close eh;)

Today (today)…I consider myself (self)…the luckiest man (man)…on the face of the earth (earth)…

Welcome back, Reggie!

The ONLY problem with your analogy is that speech was made when Gehrig retired. Reggie is back for 3 years!!

But I understand what you were saying!

"This is all I have. This is what I know. So I wouldn't mind being a part of a rebuilding process. They need some old heads too, you know? It would be an honor to still be a part of this organization even in a rebuilding phase. I know there are still going to be some guys on this team that I know, I know the head coach, Chuck Pagano, pretty good (from time together at the University of Miami). I'd just look at it as my rookie year all over again."

--Reggie Wayne during Super Bowl week.

The Colts are in a rebuilding mode, but even in a rebuilding mode, they must keep the great constants that the Colts had. They must keep some vets so that they have some players that the younger guys can look up to, or in Luck's situation, a reliable target to throw to.

Reggie knows the Colts are rebuilding, but he stayed loyal to the team and re-signed anyway. I love him even more now!

i agree one player who is loyal not just about money,let the those in it for the money go somewhere else, they are not true colts,we need players who are loyal to the team not just money

I am super happy that Reggie is here.....

but there is a part of me that is sad that no one else offered him a deal better than what the Colts gave him :(

That sounds like a pretty good deal for Reggie and he can retire as a Colt. I'm sure he's happy to stay here.

Oh Happy Day! (does happy dance) :banana: This is great news when we needed some! We kept a leader on offense a true number one WR and a player the fans all know and love! I would look for us to target a speed guy in the draft in the middle rounds to replace Garcon and target Reggie's replacement in the next couple of drafts.

I hope this is single of a changing of the times in terms of the news department. Finally some unexpected GOOD news!

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

More on Reggie Wayne deal: $7.5M signing bonus, $13.5M over the first two years of the deal, $17.5m over 3 #freeagency

I am not the best numbers guy but that looks like a pretty good deal. It averages out to 5.3 per year which is much less than we were offering Garcon and far less than what Garcon signed for. Even the 6.75 per year the first two years looks good but like I said i am not he best numbers guy so I could be off.

I'd like see in the news that Jeff is back too. We need a center that can play right now, and the Colts could not spend a draft pick on a center. Anyways, I'm very happy for this news, and I don't want to shift this thread in another direction. Keep the focus on Reggie.