Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Stays - Signs 3-Year Deal! [Merge]

TubaGuy

Everyone's talking about Fleener, is this guy really worth our 2nd round pick??? I'd much rather grab Carlson, Tamme or both and address another need with that pick...don't you think?

OL or Fleener. give Luck a familiar weapon, or protection. take your pick. either would be good.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

my hope is Clark goes to the Giants, and we take Fleener with the 34th.

The Giants are looking at TE Martellus Bennett from the Cowboys. Hopefully they sign him and Fleener lasts to the 2nd. I still hope we can trade Freeney for an early 3rd and we get a player like NT Alameda Ta'amu or Jayron Hosley with that pick.

One post was NOT enough to contain the "comfort" and "complete happiness" this signing for the Colts makes me....Reggie LOVES the Colts and he WANTS to be here...I am sure another team WOULD offer him more money...it just makes you feel good that Wayne (despite losing Manning) made the choice and was able to reach a fair deal with the Colts!

I would say the chances of Saturday coming back has just increased based on this ONE signing alone...

The Giants are looking at TE Martellus Bennett from the Cowboys. Hopefully they sign him and Fleener lasts to the 2nd. I still hope we can trade Freeney for an early 3rd and we get a player like NT Alameda Ta'amu or Jayron Hosley with that pick.

What's with everyone wanting to trade Freeney so badly, he is an excellent player who just happened to sign with an agency thats going to help him try and restructure his deal with the Colts...I think we're forgetting how good he is people...

I'm so happy Reggie is coming back to the Colts, I was honestly expecting him to leave in the off season. I'm also glad we didn't overpay for him, like the skins did with Garcon.

how do you know we didn't over pay him?.... i haven't seen the numbers and if you have, give me a link,,,,,thanks!

He will now retire a Colt and will make Andrew Luck's early career much easier with this great security blanket that is also reliable. Great deal and a great resigning. I don't know about you guys, but Im happier to see Reggie stay than Pierre.

3 years, $17.5M, $7.5M Guaranteed.

Grigson should be arrested. Absolute steal.

You're my 1st "quote" reply ever.

3 years, $17.5/$7.5 is a GREAT deal. Far less than Pierre Garcon's deal with Dip-**** Dan Snyder in Washington (ALWAYS OVERPAYS...LOL!). And a MUCH better WR as well.

absolutely. but a 3 year band aid wasnt the answer. it was SB or bust with Manning. but lets not rehash this all over again. ;)

Everything is an assumption with that situation. Imagine if he plays another 5 years, that is enough time for a Super Bowl maybe two. But we aren't going to go down that road right now. :thmup:

It's ok to be happy about this you know.

Who says I'm not happy about Reggie signing?

Everything is an assumption with that situation. Imagine if he plays another 5 years, that is enough time for a Super Bowl maybe two. But we aren't going to go down that road right now. :thmup:

Except that you are. Come on, seriously, it's ok to be happy about this.

He will now retire a Colt and will make Andrew Luck's early career much easier with this great security blanket that is also reliable. Great deal and a great resigning. I don't know about you guys, but Im happier to see Reggie stay than Pierre.

One beer for you sir my exact sentiments. I went to nfl.com and saw he signed and spit cola out of my nose laughing at how bad the skins fa moves are. Honestly at as much money as garcon got all i can say is good riddence. Reggie was the main person i wanted back, and also the last one i expected to be back.

Assuming he isn't a bust.

It's true, there is always the possibility, but just watch some tape and tell me he doesn't look amazing...I was pro-manning all the way, but I can't disagree with Irsay, especially if you look and realize how good this kid really is...not everyone is compared to Elway...

the thing with freeney is that it is getting clearer that we are probably switching to a 3-4. we resigned robert mathis to be used as the rush end/linebacker like suggs and harrison. freeneydoesnt really fit in to that. i think we could get him for a 2nd but you get what ya get.