TubaGuy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

Reggie Wayne's 3 year deal with the Colts worth a max of $17.5M#freeagency not too many WRs left at this point.

5.5 million per year. Great Deal!!! I am glad Luck has someone dependable to go to along with Collie. I still say we try and target TE Coby Fleener and another WR. Would love to somehow bring Michael Floyd in here!

If any of you remember the interview following the last game of the season in LOS, where Reggie caught the TD...it was obvious that Reggie WANTED to stay here, if there was any way it could work. Glad to see it was able to work out.

Andrew Luck will need a veteran somewhere on the offense should we draft him and, dear God, I hope we do. Keeping Reggie Wayne would be a good thing as long as:

A): Reggie isn't paid too much given our currant salary cap mess.

B): Reggie isn't a "diva" and actually helps the kid along.

To date, Reggie Wayne has NOT been "diva". However, he won't have Peyton Manning back there throwing passes to him after repeated years of thousands of reps in practice...and learning from Marvin Harrison. Reggie is gonna have to WORK and HELP a solid, young QB learn NFL routes, timing, and windows. Most likely, Reggie is gonna get popped...hard...a few times in that endeavour.

In the end, I'm glad....but I hope the Colts aren't paying too much (This just popped up. I haven't seen the contract yet).

I really love to see Wayne coming back, this is GREAT news for Luck. If there was a player I wanted back, it was him. Thank you Reggie! This tells me that Peyton is going to Broncos for sure, thought Dolphins traded BMarsh to make room for Wayne, guess not lol

Just a thought, with all these teams achieving their WR needs in FA, like the bears, does that mean someone like a Michael Floyd drops to the second round?

my hope is Clark goes to the Giants, and we take Fleener with the 34th.

Bottom line here guys, Reggie is a class act and wanted to be a Colt. We all basically brushed him aside assuming he would want out, but I honestly think he wanted to be a veteran to help rebuild the organization he has loved for the last 11 years. I have a ton of respect for him to make this move and not even wait and see what Peyton did - he is a Colt and wanted to keep it that way!