Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dang you Chris Ballard!!!!

twfish

So in years past I always really enjoyed looking at the UDFA that the team had picked up and loved to do write ups on standout or on players i felt strongly would make the team. Well now since Ballard has built this team so deep I think this may be the first year that a UDFA wont make the 53. To be honest I couldn't name a single guy we picked up this year but i still have a ton of guys from the past in my memory like Curt Maggitt, Bug Howard, and Mekale Mckay. So thank you Chris, thank you for ruining my offseason..... haha 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

If anyone, it might be Penny Hart. He needs to beat Chester Rogers at punt returning. If that happens, he might be able to earn a spot.

I like Penny Hart, But.......

You can be BIG and SLOW, and make it

You can be SHORT and FAST, and make it

I DONT THINK that you can be both SHORT and SLOW?  (5'8" - 4.55 40)

My UDFA "shot" is Dulin ....... Its a LONG shot

6'1" 215 - 4.43 40 WR AND KR

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

Barring injury, it'll be a tall task to every of our UDFAs to get in.

If anyone, it might be Penny Hart. He needs to beat Chester Rogers at punt returning. If that happens, he might be able to earn a spot.

I could see Hart beating rogers at both returning and playing WR.

6 hours ago, twfish said:

So in years past I always really enjoyed looking at the UDFA that the team had picked up and loved to do write ups on standout or on players i felt strongly would make the team. Well now since Ballard has built this team so deep I think this may be the first year that a UDFA wont make the 53. To be honest I couldn't name a single guy we picked up this year but i still have a ton of guys from the past in my memory like Curt Maggitt, Bug Howard, and Mekale Mckay. So thank you Chris, thank you for ruining my offseason..... haha 

And who cares about the supplemental draft now either!  hahahaha

On 7/8/2019 at 3:27 PM, dodsworth said:

It's gonna be tough for future UDFA's finding a roster spot

now that we have a GM and scouting staff that know how 

to evaluate talent for the draft.

I think the reason for this is, with the talent / team fit evaluators we currently have and trade-downs in the later rounds, those candidates will already have been drafted by us. This isn't saying it's not possible for an UDFA to make the team, only that those will be "unicorns" - very rare individuals that fell through the cracks.

• Like 1