Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!
Sign in to follow this  
dew5150

3 weeks to training camp!!

20 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

5 weeks until first preseason game!!

Let's go!!

Only thing that worries me are the uncontrollable injuries. If we avoid those, watch out NFL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Only thing that worries me are the uncontrollable injuries. If we avoid those, watch out NFL!

extremely true

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Training camp is about two, seemingly mutually exclusive, goals: learning to play the game fast and learning to play in control. Some coaches try to teach "giving 110%" 24/7. Being physically impossible, that's a sure recipe for disaster (see the history of "the old Colts"). 

Compare that with the old motto, "train, don't strain". That doesn't work, either. You need to strain - push the envelope - in a safe mode, then apply that muscle memory in a controlled mode at a different time.

The game of football is too fast to "think about it" during the play of the game. It has to be automatic without having to think. Toward this objective, you don't practice until you get it right, you practice until you can't get it wrong. Only then, play as you have practiced at full speed.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d1f40a667316f3551

Love the avatar man, huge Cody Jinks fan! Although i do love Whiskey Myers just a touch more

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 11:20 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Colts avoiding injuries :funny:

But seriously, I'm crossing fingers and knocking on wood after your comment and request you knock on wood as well please!

• Like 2

On 7/5/2019 at 8:59 AM, twfish said:

Love the avatar man, huge Cody Jinks fan! Although i do love Whiskey Myers just a touch more

Just caught them down in Madison this past weekend at the Regatta. Got to do photography for the show and hang out with them for a bit. 

Jinks is a friend of the family. We met him back when they were playing to less than 10 people a night, and we’ve become good friends through the years. We even named our daughter Codie Morgan after him and Whitey Morgan. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Just caught them down in Madison this past weekend at the Regatta. Got to do photography for the show and hang out with them for a bit. 

Jinks is a friend of the family. We met him back when they were playing to less than 10 people a night, and we’ve become good friends through the years. We even named our daughter Codie Morgan after him and Whitey Morgan. 

Man that's awesome!! I wasn't sure if there was anyone else on the forum that was a fan of that genre of music. Although I've noticed the colts media has used some whiskey myers and their radio show song "the colts are on the radio" is from Reckless Kelly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twfish said:

Man that's awesome!! I wasn't sure if there was anyone else on the forum that was a fan of that genre of music. Although I've noticed the colts media has used some whiskey myers and their radio show song "the colts are on the radio" is from Reckless Kelly.

Haha I’m deep into the independent country scene. Like super deep. I knew of guys like Josh Morningstar, Colter Wall, Tyler Childers, and Sturgill a long time before they achieved the success they have these days. I run a promotional social media platform and website for a lot of the independent real country music scene these days. (Country Music Armadillo) I just try to help people find good music, and the people making good music find new fans. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Colts avoiding injuries :funny:

But seriously, I'm crossing fingers and knocking on wood after your comment and request you knock on wood as well please!

While we still did have a few injuries last year I think we still had a really good year last year regarding injuries.

Don't know if our luck will hold up this year, but if it's similar to last year I'd be happy with that (though I'd be overjoyed with no injuries - like that would ever happen, lol).