Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 25 QBs of all time

Lucky Colts Fan

According to Elliot Harrison of NFL.com.

top-25-quarterbacks-of-all-time-patriots-tom-brady-leads-list

Of course Brady is #1...  :puke:

#2 - Montana

#3 - Manning

#4 - Unitas

#5 - Otto Graham

#6 - Brees

#7 - Marino

#8 - Staubach

#9 - Elway

#10 - Aaron Rodgers

It's hard to argue with his top-10.  (But being a Colts homer, I'd move Peyton up two spots  :D)  

I do have an issue with Russell Wilson at #18, ahead of guys like Ben Roethlisberger, Kurt Warner, Jim Kelly, and Fran Tarkenton.  He's only played seven seasons and he's making an "all time top QB" list?  And again, being a Colts homer, I think Luck is better than Wilson.

My favorite quote about Manning:

Stat you need to know: Back in 2016, I worked with Jack Andrade on another project. I was trying to develop a non-complex, if not simple, stat that calculates the percentage of positive plays a quarterback produces (first downs and touchdowns), whether it comes from running or throwing. The system also downgraded quarterbacks for negative plays like interceptions. I called it N3P, or net positive play percentage, at least as a working title. Well, Jack went and looked through every season since the 1970 AFL-NFL Merger and found that Manning owned three of the top six N3P seasons among all the quarterbacks. Not only that, Manning's 2004 campaign was the No. 1 overall N3P season.

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Hard to argue with that.

I'm glad he showed some love to Otto Graham.  He is basically the "lost great" that never gets mentioned in these kinds of conversations with Brady/Montana/Manning etc.

Very true. It is probably because he played a real long time ago. I seem to see very little film on him but I see Unitas a lot.

My official top 10 would be:

1. Tom Brady - 6 SB wins and 3 league MVP's. 4 SB MVP's. It is what it is.

2. Joe Montana - He was the best QB during the 80's, in a decade that had a bunch of good to great teams. 4 SB wins, 3 SB MVP's, and 2 league MVP's.

3. Peyton Manning - 2 SB wins with 2 different teams. Only QB ever to do it as a starter. Also 5 league MVP's. He is arguably the best ever.

4. Johnny Unitas - He was the GOAT IMO until the 3 guys I have in front of him came along.

5. John Elway

6. Brett Favre - some bad playoff INT's but not many measure up to him statistically and he won 3 league MVP's in a row from 1995-1997. That will never happen again. He also won a SB so he is top 6.

7. Otto Graham - out of respect. I know of his stats and him winning multiple championships. I just haven't seen him play a lot on film. From what I have seen, for his day he dominated.

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Drew Brees

10. Dan Marino - no SB wins but anyone would be a fool to leave him off a top 10 list of QB's lmao . He does have a league MVP (1984) and played in a SB. He lost to Joe Montana and the 49ers in a SB so he didn't lose to Humpty Dumpty. Dude was a machine for years.

• Like 1