Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

cool article on Jacoby Brisset

CurBeatElite

https://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-say-no-trade-offers-sticking-jacoby-brissett-backup?fbclid=IwAR0IGDgC2r_pBbt7tUzbQjxiBv0zfXiUyxQtxziGhcsvuaRHI3Or6xVIT74

I like Reich's quotes here: 

“It’s impossible for me to have a higher opinion of Jacoby than I do,” Reich says. “I said it last year, I think he’s a top 20 quarterback. I still say that. After watching him for a year, this guy’s really good.

“I tell Chris all the time, ‘Please don’t let him go. I don’t care what anybody offers him. Don’t let him go.’ I love Jacoby. The problem is now I’ve gotten to know Jacoby and, at some point, I hope that it works out for Jacoby. But not now.”

• Like 1

The only thing is that you might as well trade him away and get something out of him.  He's not going to stay in Indy long term.  And unless Luck goes down and he dominates he's not likely to be signed to a big contract when he leaves Indy.  So he wouldn't be worth a big compensatory pick either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

The only thing is that you might as well trade him away and get something out of him.  He's not going to stay in Indy long term.  And unless Luck goes down and he dominates he's not likely to be signed to a big contract when he leaves Indy.  So he wouldn't be worth a big compensatory pick either. 

That's a valid point, but the counter to that would be that Jacoby is great insurance at a very cheap price.  We saw what having a Curtis Painter(sp) did for us.

If the wheels fall off things this year for us during the season, I would either try to re-sign him or dangle him to the best bidder.  That way we wouldn't just lose him without any comp.

7 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

That's a valid point, but the counter to that would be that Jacoby is great insurance at a very cheap price.  We saw what having a Curtis Painter(sp) did for us.

If the wheels fall off things this year for us during the season, I would either try to re-sign him or dangle him to the best bidder.  That way we wouldn't just lose him without any comp.

I like the cheap insurance he provides.   Since I don't think we would get much back in trade (maybe a 4th or 5th rounder), I'd rather just keep him for this season and let him sign elsewhere next season if he doesn't accept a backup salary.   

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Why is he defiant about it?

I like JB as a Colt.  He's a good QB.  But I do think Reich is blowing some smoke when he says top 20 QB.

You're probably right.  We all know that perception trumps reality, so while I don't doubt he loves what he sees in him, I also think that maybe he's just pumping him up a bit to

1) Show he's appreciated in hopes he'll re-sign (a long shot hope)

2) Pump up his trade value

I love the guy.  Love seeing his enthusiasm on the sidelines and end zone after TD's.  Seems to be a player that helps energize the team.  That kind of enthusiasm is contagious.  He's good for this organization on many levels.

29 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I love the guy.  Love seeing his enthusiasm on the sidelines and end zone after TD's.  Seems to be a player that helps energize the team.  That kind of enthusiasm is contagious.  He's good for this organization on many levels.

I agree.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:51 AM, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm of two minds on this.

Jacoby is great if Luck is going down for a game or 2 and we can still contend.  Because Jacoby gives us a chance to win those games, especially of they are against a lower tier team. 

If Luck is out for the season, let's start Curtis Painter again.  Curtis Painter got us Luck.

And we only have this insurance plan for one more year.  

On 6/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, CurBeatElite said:

https://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-say-no-trade-offers-sticking-jacoby-brissett-backup?fbclid=IwAR0IGDgC2r_pBbt7tUzbQjxiBv0zfXiUyxQtxziGhcsvuaRHI3Or6xVIT74

I like Reich's quotes here: 

“It’s impossible for me to have a higher opinion of Jacoby than I do,” Reich says. “I said it last year, I think he’s a top 20 quarterback. I still say that. After watching him for a year, this guy’s really good.

“I tell Chris all the time, ‘Please don’t let him go. I don’t care what anybody offers him. Don’t let him go.’ I love Jacoby. The problem is now I’ve gotten to know Jacoby and, at some point, I hope that it works out for Jacoby. But not now.”

I bet we trade him sometime before the trade deadline midseason.

On 7/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, MB-ColtsFan said:

You're probably right.  We all know that perception trumps reality, so while I don't doubt he loves what he sees in him, I also think that maybe he's just pumping him up a bit to

1) Show he's appreciated in hopes he'll re-sign (a long shot hope)

2) Pump up his trade value

I feel He and Ebron had alot to do with the "loose" but confident attitude this team has taken on.  Our D has it too.  I'm expecting our D to develop a swagger by mid-season.  And if they start getting turnovers early in the season, look out for a fast, confident, explosive defense.  I cant wait to watch this season develop.

On 7/1/2019 at 11:04 AM, Myles said:

I like the cheap insurance he provides.   Since I don't think we would get much back in trade (maybe a 4th or 5th rounder), I'd rather just keep him for this season and let him sign elsewhere next season if he doesn't accept a backup salary.   

Most realistic JB post I’ve read in months. I really enjoyed the JB for a 1st or 2nd nonsense. Comical indeed!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MPStack said:

Most realistic JB post I’ve read in months. I really enjoyed the JB for a 1st or 2nd nonsense. Comical indeed!

We are in agreement.   Perhaps he would garner a 3rd in a very depleted year, but I think there are too many out there now for cheap.  I think he could be a decent starter prospect, but there is still allot of risk.  The draft class is good again next year and there are some good free agent options.   Most of these won't be available, but the notable free agents:

Russell Wilson

Dak Prescott

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Ben Roethlisberger

Philip Rivers

Marcus Mariota

Jameis Winston

Ryan Tannehill

Jacoby Brissett

Teddy Bridgewater

Case Keenum

Blake Bortles

Eli Manning

I don't think top 20 but I would say he is in the 30's somewhere as in the best of the best backups. Reich know's more than me of course but I have him ranked somewhere in the 30's by my eye test. There are 32 teams and 32 starters and Jacoby isn't a starter for now. Maybe he could start for 4 or 5 teams and be good that have QB's playing badly though. I like Jacoby but not sure he could. For 1 or 2 games I would trust him if Luck was out for 1 or 2 games. For a whole season, not sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Myles said:

We are in agreement.   Perhaps he would garner a 3rd in a very depleted year, but I think there are too many out there now for cheap.  I think he could be a decent starter prospect, but there is still allot of risk.  The draft class is good again next year and there are some good free agent options.   Most of these won't be available, but the notable free agents:

Russell Wilson

Dak Prescott

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Ben Roethlisberger

Philip Rivers

Marcus Mariota

Jameis Winston

Ryan Tannehill

Jacoby Brissett

Teddy Bridgewater

Case Keenum

Blake Bortles

Eli Manning

Dang, there is going to be some big spending with many teams or a major changing of the guard.

That's a whole lot of FA QB's 

In Luck We Trust! :coltshelmet:

17 hours ago, Myles said:

Russell Wilson

Dak Prescott

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Ben Roethlisberger

Philip Rivers

Marcus Mariota

Jameis Winston

Ryan Tannehill

Jacoby Brissett

Teddy Bridgewater

Case Keenum

Blake Bortles

Eli Manning

RW and Ben re-signed already. Dak isn't going anywhere, neither will Brady, Brees or Rivers; they're all likely to be extended before the season starts.

I don't think anyone is thrilled with Mariota or Winston, but I expect them both to be retained by their current teams. No one else is really any threat to be signed as a starter next year (and I don't think Brissett is, either). Bridgewater, Tannehill, Keenum and Bortles won't play unless there's an injury, and Eli is likely to be benched for Jones by the end of the year. 

The draft class will be a big deal, though. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2019 at 8:25 AM, MPStack said:

I was one of these....... I read a few opinions on the subject from a few sports bloggers

We have a therapy meeting every Tuesday at 5PM

"Its been 14 weeks since I over-valued Jacoby Brisset"

They gave me a coin to put in my pocket to remember

I hope I dont relapse..........  

However......... Chad Kelly was probably brought in to replace JB, when he leaves

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I was one of these....... I read a few opinions on the subject from a few sports bloggers

We have a therapy meeting every Tuesday at 5PM

"Its been 14 weeks since I over-valued Jacoby Brisset"

They gave me a coin to put in my pocket to remember

I hope I dont relapse..........  

However......... Chad Kelly was probably brought in to replace JB, when he leaves

Mike,

I’m glad you sought help. Reach out to Richard P. As he still seems to not gotten over it. The other usual suspects went into hiding probably over the embarrassment of over valuing JB. I admit I enjoyed being 100% correct on JB. Cheers

• Like 1