Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still waiting.... Maybe today?

NewColtsFan

So...    since I joined in May of 2012,  the Friday after the last mandatory off-season practice was a special day.   The team updated the website with the latest weights of the players.    If there was a reason to update a position change or anything else,  that was done too.    And we'd start a thread and the discussion was always good.

When Ballard was hired in 2017,  the day simply moved to the other side of the weekend.   The following Monday the roster was updated,  only this time,  the website had a writer put out a story about all the changes and noted the most significant ones.    Who gained the most weight,  who lost the most weight?   Who changed a position?   Those kind of things.

So, I started looking Friday the 14th.    Nope.    That's OK,  I wasn't surprised.

But I continued to look every day this week and................   nothing.    No update.    No story.     Nothing.

So, I'm hoping (still)  that when we all wake up Monday the 24th and check the roster we will see the updates.   And I look forward to reading the story the team puts out.    In the grand scheme of things,  is this a big deal?    No.   But it's a fun thing during the off-season when fun things are few and far between.     It's possible the team will wait until just before training camp opens in late July.    Entirely possible.    But the wait would be harder....

So here's hoping for................    Today!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So...    since I joined in May of 2012,  the Friday after the last mandatory off-season practice was a special day.   The team updated the website with the latest weights of the players.    If there was a reason to update a position change or anything else,  that was done too.    And we'd start a thread and the discussion was always good.

When Ballard was hired in 2017,  the day simply moved to the other side of the weekend.   The following Monday the roster was updated,  only this time,  the website had a writer put out a story about all the changes and noted the most significant ones.    Who gained the most weight,  who lost the most weight?   Who changed a position?   Those kind of things.

So, I started looking Friday the 14th.    Nope.    That's OK,  I wasn't surprised.

But I continued to look every day this week and................   nothing.    No update.    No story.     Nothing.

So, I'm hoping (still)  that when we all wake up Monday the 24th and check the roster we will see the updates.   And I look forward to reading the story the team puts out.    In the grand scheme of things,  is this a big deal?    No.   But it's a fun thing during the off-season when fun things are few and far between.     It's possible the team will wait until just before training camp opens in late July.    Entirely possible.    But the wait would be harder....

off topic but what caught my eye was the time this was posted and I was like dang someone cant get too sleep (2 A.M Indiana time) then I saw it was you and if I recall correctly you're out on the west coast like Cali right?

8 minutes ago, twfish said:

off topic but what caught my eye was the time this was posted and I was like dang someone cant get too sleep (2 A.M Indiana time) then I saw it was you and if I recall correctly you're out on the west coast like Cali right?

Yeah he is 3 hours behind us. I am on vacation this week and still actually will stay up until 1 or 2am myself though (Indy time). I work 3rd shift mainly so I am used to it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This site has gotten lazier in the last year. They still have Okereke as an unsigned draft pick if you look at the roster page. The quality has gone down since Kevin left this site, and Caroline leaving hasn't helped things either. Not surprised they have taken out weight and positions either. Like I said, the site has gotten lazier and our good reporters have been replaced by ones who give half the effort.

4 hours ago, twfish said:

Yeah....   but after I wrote this post I wrote a letter to a friend...    took me more than two hours!    Didn’t get to sleep until well after 3a!   

My sleep cycles are all all screwed up.  But I am typically a night person...,

Oh well...   life goes on for us all....

Ps...   yes...    so cal...   less than an hour northwest from downtown LA....    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This site has gotten lazier in the last year. They still have Okereke as an unsigned draft pick if you look at the roster page. The quality has gone down since Kevin left this site, and Caroline leaving hasn't helped things either. Not surprised they have taken out weight and positions either. Like I said, the site has gotten lazier and our good reporters have been replaced by ones who give half the effort.

And no 'weekly' mailbag for quite some time. Yes, I also miss Kevin and now Caroline.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Sorry....    I don’t mean to be argumentative,  but I couldn’t disagree more.    The site is putting out more good info than ever before.   Don’t get me wrong, I love Kevin!   I still write him about once a year or so...   but my post was NIT meant to imply laziness.  Far from it!

But the site has hired more people and are doing many more things.    Don't you remember the great 5-part video series on the draft?    Don’t you remember the 3-part video series on Deon Cain?  (Only two parts have aired so far.)

Right now on the front of the website, there written stories hearing from our scouts about each of our first four picks.  There are written stories with every guy we just signed to newclong deals.   There are stories about the upcoming training camp.    And now, today about new game day activities for thise attending games at LOS.

The staff is cranking out much more material, not less.   I may be disappointed about the roster not being updated,  but there’s a perfectly good reason.   I just don’t happen to know what the reason is.  

Sorry for the confusion.   But check out the front page of the website.  Look around.   I think you’ll be pleased!   

• Like 5

Ballard's pre and post draft videos are Must See TV.
 He truly is Dialed In.

With my old memory, i will be able to watch them again in a few weeks and enjoy them. Like watching Andy Griffith maybe, it just never gets old.  
The look and words from Frank about getting Campbell was Great.  He is so pumped.      :spit: 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry....    I don’t mean to be argumentative,  but I couldn’t disagree more.    The site is putting out more good info than ever before.   Don’t get me wrong, I love Kevin!   I still write him about once a year or so...   but my post was NIT meant to imply laziness.  Far from it!

But the site has hired more people and are doing many more things.    Don't you remember the great 5-part video series on the draft?    Don’t you remember the 3-part video series on Deon Cain?  (Only two parts have aired so far.)

Right now on the front of the website, there written stories hearing from our scouts about each of our first four picks.  There are written stories with every guy we just signed to newclong deals.   There are stories about the upcoming training camp.    And now, today about new game day activities for thise attending games at LOS.

The staff is cranking out much more material, not less.   I may be disappointed about the roster not being updated,  but there’s a perfectly good reason.   I just don’t happen to know what the reason is.  

Sorry for the confusion.   But check out the front page of the website.  Look around.   I think you’ll be pleased!   

I loved the "with the next pick" series. Watched it multiple times. I'll look at the site again and see if it changes my opinion. Maybe the video series on Cain will spark my interest.

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Ballard's pre and post draft videos are Must See TV.
 He truly is Dialed In.

With my old memory, i will be able to watch them again in a few weeks and enjoy them. Like watching Andy Griffith maybe, it just never gets old.  
The look and words from Frank about getting Campbell was Great.  He is so pumped.      :spit: 

I watch our post-draft videos every few days. Still a lot of fun to see how excited they were about getting all 4 of their picks on day 2, and Ballard gushing over Willis on day 3. Seems like they have really gotten into the groove of drafting! :thmup:

I see it now. Some notable changes.

Evan Boehm at 6'3'' 321 lbs now

Nico Siragusa 6'4'' 320

Grover Stewart 6'4'' 315

Joe Haeg 6'6'' 298

Jihad Ward 6'5'' 287

Denico Autry 6'5'' 285 (always knew the "270" was nonsense, especially given his height)

Tyquan Lewis 6'3'' 277

Justin Houston 6'3'' 270

Jabaal Sheard 6'3'' 268

Ben Banogu 6'3'' 252

Kemoko Turay 6'5'' 248 (always thought "253" last year was nonsense, he didn't look big at all)

Anthony Walker 6'1'' 230

Darius Leonard 6'2'' 230

Quincy Wilson 6'2'' 193

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Walker slimmed back down to his Junior year weight and both Quincy and Grover put in some work reshaping their bodies it looks like.

I like it!

Wonder where he lost it from. Saw him in a recent camp pic and he still looked like a thick * freight train.

I'm still waiting too.... for about 4 hours.... for electric service.

no idea what the problem is... the whole area is out..... but if i wanted to go camping, i'd head for the woods. You ever make peanut butter n jelly sandwiches by candle light?  Let me tell you, its not fun.  And did i mention its HOT and HUMID here in Pa.

while typing this, my ipad died, do do i run phone battery down?   Do i move the party to my car in the garage?  Do i drive to Walmart and creep around like a homeless person?

The problems we face in this whacky world.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I'm still waiting too.... for about 4 hours.... for electric service.

no idea what the problem is... the whole area is out..... but if i wanted to go camping, i'd head for the woods. You ever make peanut butter n jelly sandwiches by candle light?  Let me tell you, its not fun.  And did i mention its HOT and HUMID here in Pa.

while typing this, my ipad died, do do i run phone battery down?   Do i move the party to my car in the garage?  Do i drive to Walmart and creep around like a homeless person?

The problems we face in this whacky world.

by a small generator and you'll never have to worry. bought a small/quiet/cheap Ryobi several years ago for camping and tailgating. it's saved me several times and has also been a huge source of fun. 

29 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

by a small generator and you'll never have to worry. bought a small/quiet/cheap Ryobi several years ago for camping and tailgating. it's saved me several times and has also been a huge source of fun. 

I put it on my list mid-blackout.  It just has to be able to run a small tv, small fridge, and charge the necessities.  I could survive a year like that.

UPDATE:  Power is back on and its so cold in here i can see my breath!

14 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I put it on my list mid-blackout.  It just has to be able to run a small tv, small fridge, and charge the necessities.  I could survive a year like that.

UPDATE:  Power is back on and its so cold in here i can see my breath!

the one i bought was for the ND/Clemson game at Clemson in 2015. camped during the monsoon. i didn't stress it camping or at the game, but since then.... i've had it running a 75in TV, fans, a full size fridge, plus lights and a lot of "charging" things. it was well worth it. 

On 6/24/2019 at 6:55 AM, ColtStrong2013 said:

Today is a new day.

It's updated now I just looked at the roster AC is down from 311 to 307 Grover Stewart is down from the listed 333 to 315 Autry is up 15 pounds from 270 to 285 Anthony walker is down 12 pounds from 242 to 230 Nelson is still listed at 330 Hines is now 196 Our backup center is now 321 from 310 Spencer Ware is down from 229 to 223 Kelly was 309 mow 307 also Leonard down from 234 to 230 that is about the extent of the changes.

11 hours ago, rock8591 said:

I see it now. Some notable changes.

Evan Boehm at 6'3'' 321 lbs now

Nico Siragusa 6'4'' 320

Grover Stewart 6'4'' 315

Joe Haeg 6'6'' 298

Jihad Ward 6'5'' 287

Denico Autry 6'5'' 285 (always knew the "270" was nonsense, especially given his height)

Tyquan Lewis 6'3'' 277

Justin Houston 6'3'' 270

Jabaal Sheard 6'3'' 268

Ben Banogu 6'3'' 252

Kemoko Turay 6'5'' 248 (always thought "253" last year was nonsense, he didn't look big at all)

Anthony Walker 6'1'' 230

Darius Leonard 6'2'' 230

Quincy Wilson 6'2'' 193

Spencer Ware shed a few pounds too he was 229 when he was signed now 223.

8 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Take a nice "French bath" in their bathroom.

homme_bathroom1a.jpg?quality=90&strip=al

Then it's off to the mattress store to "test out" some mattresses!

BIG-5-sleeping-at-work.jpg

I'd hide in the candy aisle and PLOW thru Reese p-nut butter cups.  My biggest addiction.

On 6/26/2019 at 7:21 PM, rock8591 said:

Are you saying you can tell the difference between him weighing 253lbs vs 248lbs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Are you saying you can tell the difference between him weighing 253lbs vs 248lbs?

Last year he looks like he weighed 225-235, gained weight to be at 248 now...as opposed to losing 5 lbs.

In photos, he definitely didn't look remotely close to 253.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I also heared a couple months ago Leonard was down closer to 220-225.

I'm always weary of people providing their own weights. It's an aspect of life that everyone fudges, just as they fudge their salaries, etc (and rightfully so).

We all saw it when Pat Williams listed himself as "317" lbs when multiple times in informal interviews, he LMAO'd at all of that and in reality, weighs closer to 350-400.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/17/mmqb-all-time-non-hall-famers