Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
MTC

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Ya'll need to relax. Everything will be fine.

 

confused gary coleman GIF

 

The Pacers are going to be the 2 seed to Milwaukee, and are going to the finals!!

 

/sarcasm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

confused gary coleman GIF

 

The Pacers are going to be the 2 seed to Milwaukee, and are going to the finals!!

 

/sarcasm

Nah Oladipo or not we weren't winning a championship this year. Period. Our team is not as good as the top 5 in the East.

 

And no trade we made at the deadline was going to help us out. Especially trading our defensive anchor who we give up double the points in the paint without.

 

We'll be fine moving forward though. We're going to play much better than this after the all-star break when we can get rotations straightened out and everybody is healthy. We'll be tough in the first round for anybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have lost 4 in a row but people need to relax. The Washington Nationals sucked a big bag of eggs the 1st of the season in Baseball and ended up winning it all. Lets see how we play after the all-star break before we bury this team. Every team in the east is beatable and at worse we will be a 6 seed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pacers looked awful again tonight - not to mention the Pelicans were without Zion and Ingram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTC said:

Pacers looked awful again tonight - not to mention the Pelicans were without Zion and Ingram.

People are blaming Vic for messing the rythm guess what he did not even play? Poor I wonder if I have faith in McMillan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

People are blaming Vic for messing the rythm guess what he did not even play? Poor I wonder if I have faith in McMillan 

I am pretty sure most of us knew it would take time for Vic to get into playing shape.

The thing is even before he got injured his shooting percentage was very poor. I just hope he can get it together because of what he means to the team. 

I won't be too worried about it till after the all star break. 

I don't have a problem with McMillan at all. He has a tough job trying to work Vic in and it does mess with the whole lineup. He is between a rock and a hard place till we find out if Vic can be what he once was. 

No matter Vic has to improve his shooting percentage or see less playing time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I thought for sure we would win tonight. I just seen we lost. Talk about being in a funk!


No coincidence that the team has played worse since Oladipo returned to the lineup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MTC said:


No coincidence that the team has played worse since Oladipo returned to the lineup.

Surprising to me because this team has had great chemistry for a few years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MTC said:


No coincidence that the team has played worse since Oladipo returned to the lineup.

I just don't understand why they didn't send him 2 hours north to play for their team in Fort Wayne for a week or so.  They chose to insert a rusty player into the lineup of a team that was doing well.  

They may not be able to get out of the 6th spot now.  Maybe get the 5th seed, but anything else will be very tough.  

 

image.png.a9f0738325229f62e92485c209e193bd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was all hyped up after that successful road trip recently, then the wheels have just fallen off.  Can't rebound, can't hold onto 4th quarter leads, we have a 7 footer playing out with the guards and not in or near the paint to rebound.

 

Funny, a couple of weeks ago everyone was praising McMillan, and this week, they want him fired!

 

There are many reasons for the losing streak...part of it is adjusting the line-ups and rotations with Victor back.  I heard someone on an interview talk about the team being "tired" but aren't all teams tired at this point in the season?

 

Maybe the All-Star break will help this roster reset and make a push the rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been high on McMillan - his offensive schemes and rotations are suspect. 

 

I've always thought Frank Vogel was the guy to win championships with the Pacers. It upset me that Larry Bird wanted to go with "another voice".

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MTC said:

I've never been high on McMillan - his offensive schemes and rotations are suspect. 

 

I've always thought Frank Vogel was the guy to win championships with the Pacers. It upset me that Larry Bird wanted to go with "another voice".

 

 

Same Larry Bird that said TJ Leaf would be a nice pick :scorebad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 1:50 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have lost 4 in a row but people need to relax. The Washington Nationals sucked a big bag of eggs the 1st of the season in Baseball and ended up winning it all. Lets see how we play after the all-star break before we bury this team. Every team in the east is beatable and at worse we will be a 6 seed.

This team will get swept by the Bucks and will lose to Toronto, Miami and Boston in a playoff series. All those teams have a better coach and high end players.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, runthepost said:

Same Larry Bird that said TJ Leaf would be a nice pick :scorebad:

 

John Collins was drafted by Atlanta one pick after, which hurts a bit more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Giannis didn't play but still a good and much needed win over the Bucks tonight. Losing streak is over! 32-23 going into the all-star break and sitting comfortably at the 6 seed. Oladipo actually looked good tonight and is looking like he is getting his speed and ups completely back. TJ Warren is a good player, glad we picked him up. He was on fire tonight.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know Giannis didn't play but still a good and much needed win over the Bucks tonight. Losing streak is over! 32-23 going into the all-star break and sitting comfortably at the 6 seed. Oladipo actually looked good tonight and is looking like he is getting his speed and ups completely back. TJ Warren is a good player, glad we picked him up. He was on fire tonight.

 

Honestly, the 6th seed may not be that bad considering we would face the Celtics in the first round. That's a favorable match up for the Pacers, IMO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTC said:

 

Honestly, the 6th seed may not be that bad considering we would face the Celtics in the first round. That's a favorable match up for the Pacers, IMO. 

I agree, the Heat really don't scare me either. To me they are built like a regular season team but picking up Iggy will help them. I hate to keep underrating Toronto, they just won 15 in a row and are the Champs but I think they will miss Leonard when the playoffs roll around. Sixers have chemistry issues as well. All of these teams are beatable. If the Heat or Sixers lose a game at home in a series, they will be in trouble because they have trouble winning on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer Sabonis couldn't win the skills competition, but he did really well and he looked like he was having such a great time.  Super happy for him.

 

Also, I've always hated Dwyane Wade and last night just cemented that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Bummer Sabonis couldn't win the skills competition, but he did really well and he looked like he was having such a great time.  Super happy for him.

 

Also, I've always hated Dwyane Wade and last night just cemented that

Just asking, but why do you hate Wade? I didn't watch last night. Did he say something bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just asking, but why do you hate Wade? I didn't watch last night. Did he say something bad?

He was one of the judges for the dunk contest and intentionally gave Aaron Gordon a 9 when he clearly deserved a 10 so that Derrick Jones Jr would win the dunk contest. He was blatantly biased and shouldn't have been a judge.  My previous hate for him is just his attitude. I always found him to be very entitled and bratty.  Way too much ego for my liking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

He was one of the judges for the dunk contest and intentionally gave Aaron Gordon a 9 when he clearly deserved a 10 so that Derrick Jones Jr would win the dunk contest. He was blatantly biased and shouldn't have been a judge.  My previous hate for him is just his attitude. I always found him to be very entitled and bratty.  Way too much ego for my liking

Yeah that is kind of shady. I didn't watch last night is why I was asking. Wade has always been Mr Miami and does have a huge ego. I didn't like when he and LeBron mocked Dirk during the 2011 Finals. Having said that, Wade was a great player and I respect his game. One of the best SG's ever to play that position. In my lifetime only Jordan and Kobe were better, Steph is a PG so he doesn't count. Reggie was a better 3 point shooter but wasn't the all-around player Wade was, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamb with a bad leg injury. I'm guessing he'll be out for a while.

 

Pacers are also getting killed by the Raptors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Just for comparison's sake:

Myles Turner: 6'11", 250 lbs

Fred VanVleet: 6'0", 197 lbs

Kyle Lowry: 6'0", 196 lbs

 

2 points and 5 rebounds in 20 minutes of action so far for Turner.  He's so bad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nate has lost the team, and you cannot prove it otherwise. 

 

46 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

 

 

Just for comparison's sake:

Myles Turner: 6'11", 250 lbs

Fred VanVleet: 6'0", 197 lbs

Kyle Lowry: 6'0", 196 lbs

 

2 points and 5 rebounds in 20 minutes of action so far for Turner.  He's so bad

 

I'm ready to move on from Myles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but is there any reason not to call it a season, and try to aim for a better draft pick?

 

We're going to get swept no matter the opponent in the first round of the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MTC said:

Nate has lost the team, and you cannot prove it otherwise. 

 

 

I'm ready to move on from Myles.

Should have moved on from McMillan and Turner at least 1 year ago.  Turner's inability to rebound and lack of toughness/physicality is not worth what he brings defensively.  And McMillan is a coach who is good, but not great. He'll get you 45+ wins in a season, but never win a championship.  In fact, it's been over 10 years since he progressed past the first round of the playoffs.  Larry Bird said the justification for firing Vogel was that players tune out a coach after 3 years.  If that's the case, why is McMillan still around?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MTC said:

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but is there any reason not to call it a season, and try to aim for a better draft pick?

 

We're going to get swept no matter the opponent in the first round of the playoffs.

Currently we'll face the Celtics in the first round.  We may win 1 game.  I'm hoping the team gels a bit around Dipo.   But really, this is what the Pacers are.   A well run organization in a small market.   Top free agents are hard to get to come here and the draft pick will be high teens.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MTC said:

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but is there any reason not to call it a season, and try to aim for a better draft pick?

 

We're going to get swept no matter the opponent in the first round of the playoffs.

 

Unless we get a top 5 pick, draft picks aren't going to make you a championship contentder.  I think a coaching change will happen, unless we make a deep run into the playoffs.  And, I think Myles will get traded this off season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

 

Unless we get a top 5 pick, draft picks aren't going to make you a championship contentder.  I think a coaching change will happen, unless we make a deep run into the playoffs.  And, I think Myles will get traded this off season.

That's the thing, the Pacers are too well run to get high draft picks often.

Last top 10 pick (#10) was Paul George.   Before that was 1996 where they also picked at #10.   Gotta go back to 1988 to see the last top 5 pick the Pacers has Smitts at #2).   I wonder if there is another team in the NBA that hasn't had a top 5 pick in over 32 years.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeremy Lamb is out for the season (and possibly more). 

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

That's the thing, the Pacers are too well run to get high draft picks often.

Last top 10 pick (#10) was Paul George.   Before that was 1996 where they also picked at #10.   Gotta go back to 1988 to see the last top 5 pick the Pacers has Smitts at #2).   I wonder if there is another team in the NBA that hasn't had a top 5 pick in over 32 years.   

 

To the last point...I don't think so...seems I heard something recently about their string of non-top 5 or lottery picks being the longest in the league.  Will have to do some research on that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

 

To the last point...I don't think so...seems I heard something recently about their string of non-top 5 or lottery picks being the longest in the league.  Will have to do some research on that.

I also wonder when the last time that a team won a championship without a top 5 pick.

Although Dipo was a top 5 pick, a trade had to be made to get him so the team gave up players to get him.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good win I dont understand Nate earlier in the season when Myles was out Jakar played some great mins and energy I want to see more of him and Goga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...