Indianapolis Colts
MTC

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Pacers 5th seed without Dipo, can they get the 4th seed when he comes back?

6 hours ago, Myles said:

Pacers 5th seed without Dipo, can they get the 4th seed when he comes back?

They could realistically push for the #2 seed.  In the East, the seeds from #2 to #6 are all within 2.5 games of each other, so the #2 seed is definitely possible.

• Like 2

Oladipo's return game is tonight. 

I believe he'll be on a 15 minute restriction to start out until All Star Break,

38 minutes ago, MTC said:

Oladipo's return game is tonight. 

I believe he'll be on a 15 minute restriction to start out until All Star Break,

will be interesting to see how much he's used for the next few games.  I'm sure the Pacers will be cautious for a while to avoid a re-injury.

Exciting night in Naptown!

Vic a bit rusty from 3, that last one looked good but rimmed out. 55-51 Pacers at half. Vic looks 100% healthy, that is encouraging. Our team is a hell of a passing team, I love our ball movement. TJ Warren has definitely filled Bogdanovic's shoes. Sabonis is a good solid big as well. I have to be honest, I haven't watched many games this year as I have been so focused on football. I knew Vic was coming back tonight so this was must see TV.

Great effort by the Bulls but no Cigar. Pacers win in Victor's return, Pacers now 31-17 on the season. Man the freakin Bulls were hitting everything there for a while, this was actually an impressive win with the way the Bulls were shooting lmao .

If we stay healthy we will end up the #2 seed. We are 5th right now in the east at 31-17 but only 2.5 games out from being #2. We are better than Toronto, Miami, Philly, and Boston with Oladipo back. Bucks are the only team better in the East IMO. We were without our best player for 47 games and stayed within 2.5 games of the 2nd seed, unheard of. TJ Warren has definitely filled the shoes of Bogdanovic and that is what I was worried about most. TJ and Bogdanovic are even. Sabonis and Turner gives us 2 good Big's that most teams can't deal with. I would put Turner on Giannis if we play them for all the marbles, Turner has the HT and shot blocking ability to deal with him. Brogdon was a steal for us, dude is all-star material IMO. He is a difference maker. We have 2 difference makers now that can create off the dribble = he and Dipo which is huge. Nate to me is a good coach too, we look dangerous at this point.

I remember after last season there were a couple people in here, saying see I told you our ceiling was a 48 win team and maybe a 2nd round team. They for some reason just totally ignored Oladipo was out. You guys are about look to silly now because this guy is back Indiana Pacers Celebration GIF by NBA

• Like 1

what a game, wow

Victor is listed as SG but plays a lot like a PG

Pacers definitely have me intrigued. The east is wide open this year other than how the Bucks have been playing. Before Vic got injured last season we were on pace to win 54 games. If we can get a top 3 seed this season we will be in good shape heading into the playoffs, staying out the Bucks bracket is key. I think Toronto is overachieving at the moment, without Leonard they will falter in the playoffs. Nothing stands out to me about Miami either, they are good but very beatable, and Boston and Philly both have chemistry issues.

By the way...

Oladipo definitely fouled LaVine last night, and the refs clearly missed/ignored it. 

It's actually a huge play because it eventually gave the Pacers possession and they were able to tie it up for OT (in which they won obviously). 

16 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

this team could easily reach the finals like for real

I agree, even as great as the Bucks have looked they are beatable. Playing them doesn't scare me like playing LeBron's Heat or Cavs when LeBron was in his prime. This Bucks team has never made it to the Finals.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MTC said:

By the way...

Oladipo definitely fouled LaVine last night, and the refs clearly missed/ignored it. 

It's actually a huge play because it eventually gave the Pacers possession and they were able to tie it up for OT (in which they won obviously). 

It looked like he may of but they were calling cheap stuff on Sabonis all night. Sabonis was in foul trouble in the 3rd Qtr it was so bad.

Bad, bad loss tonight. No other way to put it.

Malcolm Brogdon had his worst game as a Pacer.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:42 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

this team could easily reach the finals like for real

I'm not sure about that.    The opportunity is there, but it won't be easy.  

51 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not sure about that.    The opportunity is there, but it won't be easy.  

there is only one team imo that can truly beat us that's Milwaukee the rest are not more talented to me 

52 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

there is only one team imo that can truly beat us that's Milwaukee the rest are not more talented to me 

The talent level may be close.    I don't think it'll be easy for the Pacers by any means.   Even if they do get the #2 seed, they still have to play the games.   

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

The talent level may be close.    I don't think it'll be easy for the Pacers by any means.   Even if they do get the #2 seed, they still have to play the games.   

it's one of the easiest roads they have ever faced imo usually there is some super superior team in our way it really isn't like that for once all the really great teams happen to be out west 

23 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

it's one of the easiest roads they have ever faced imo usually there is some super superior team in our way it really isn't like that for once all the really great teams happen to be out west 

I agree it is easier.   I was more shocked by when you said "this team could easily reach the finals".   It won't be easy.   They are 5 games out of the 2nd seed, so getting the 2nd seed is going to be very tough.  Moving up at all will be tough.  

It will be a bummer if they are not able to take advantage of this road that is not more open than usual.  

I will admit that I haven't watched the NBA (outside of some Pacer games) for many years, so I don't know much about teams outside their records.  Are the Bucks not really as good as their record?

image.png.ea1c031249d93d3e7918bb64a3892830.png

36 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree it is easier.   I was more shocked by when you said "this team could easily reach the finals".   It won't be easy.   They are 5 games out of the 2nd seed, so getting the 2nd seed is going to be very tough.  Moving up at all will be tough.  

It will be a bummer if they are not able to take advantage of this road that is not more open than usual.  

I will admit that I haven't watched the NBA (outside of some Pacer games) for many years, so I don't know much about teams outside their records.  Are the Bucks not really as good as their record?

image.png.ea1c031249d93d3e7918bb64a3892830.png

the bucks are pretty good they just are not as good as say the lebron Heat or Cavs teams 

• Thanks 1

Yea... going to the finals(haha).. can't beat the Knicks at home, nor a Luka-less Mavs team at home. AND still can't consistently beat, or even split between the top 4 above the Pacers..

They'll be a good team, but not a Finals team

I think they're in a transition period with the return of Victor...will take a few games to figure out line-ups, rotation and to get him back to 100%..the latter may take longer.

6 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I think they're in a transition period with the return of Victor...will take a few games to figure out line-ups, rotation and to get him back to 100%..the latter may take longer.

exactly after the all star break I see us really playing good and becoming a playoff threat

• Like 1

Terrible loss.

My patience is running thin with Coach McMillan. 

Locked in as the 5th or 6th seed.   3.5 out of 4th and 6 out of 2nd.   Those would tie us with another team at those spots.  

That Toronto game was really needed.   

Looks like Aaron Holiday and/or TJ Leaf may be on the move before the 3 PM deadline. We'll see.

I would prefer to move McConnell than Holiday, tbh. Or even Jeremy Lamb.

Deadline has passed...see nothing involving the Pacers.  Was hoping someone would take Roy Hibbert :) :) 

I thought Turner might get traded.

On the Fort Wayne sports radio, they were talking about hoe Dipo should have played a few games with the Pacers affiliate (mad ants) d league team before joining the Pacers.  I tend to agree.  He's shooting 18% so far and the Pacers have lost 3 in a row.  Maybe it would have been good for him to dominate an inferior league for 2-3 games.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

On the Fort Wayne sports radio, they were talking about hoe Dipo should have played a few games with the Pacers affiliate (mad ants) d league team before joining the Pacers.  I tend to agree.  He's shooting 18% so far and the Pacers have lost 3 in a row.  Maybe it would have been good for him to dominate an inferior league for 2-3 games.  

With the Knicks wanting Holiday, I was hoping that the Pacers would package him and Turner for Julius Randle.. wishful thinking/dreaming haha

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Myles said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone was expecting him to be 100%. It's going to take a few more weeks or even months for him to get his shooting form back.