Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

 

These are all well and good, and I'm not saying Turner has 0 value.  What I'm saying is he is getting outplayed by other players on the roster and the team would be better off trading him.  For example, my claim is that the Pacers would be better off with Jaylen Brown, Sabonis, and Goga compared to Sabonis, Turner, and Goga.  It's great to have a big who is a good rim protector and who can shoot 3s, but he has a worse RPG than Russell Westbrook, Richaun Holmes, Patrick Beverley, Rui Hachimura, and Rudy Gay.  Every year, we've been waiting for him to have his breakout season, and he still can't average 15 PPG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One good performance doesn't negate a career of underwhelming performances.   He's still averaging less than 12 points and 7 rebounds this year despite being a starting 6'11" C with nearly 3

Terry Rozier got $58 mil for 3 years.....19.3 a year ..and we got Malcolm Brogdon for 21 mil a year   I think we might've gotten a better deal...

Don't like to see first round picks being traded, but it will likely be a late first round pick (20th or later) and you could easily make the case that Brogdon is worth it.  Pritchard is being aggress

Posted Images

6 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

These are all well and good, and I'm not saying Turner has 0 value.  What I'm saying is he is getting outplayed by other players on the roster and the team would be better off trading him.  For example, my claim is that the Pacers would be better off with Jaylen Brown, Sabonis, and Goga compared to Sabonis, Turner, and Goga.  It's great to have a big who is a good rim protector and who can shoot 3s, but he has a worse RPG than Russell Westbrook, Richaun Holmes, Patrick Beverley, Rui Hachimura, and Rudy Gay.  Every year, we've been waiting for him to have his breakout season, and he still can't average 15 PPG.

1. The Celtics are not trading us Jaylen Brown for Myles Turner.

 

2. You just need to give up on the "breakout" season for Myles. He's not going to average 15 PPG in this system unless he is taking 9 3's a game like KAT is. 

 

The other 4 players in the starting lineup are all averaging 17 PPG or more this season. There is only one ball. Myles Turner is not getting the touches and shots necessary to average 15. 

 

Goga is a complete liability on defense right now. We should not be relying on him in any regard until he learns how to defend without fouling.

 

 

 

If Myles Turner played in this game, he would be contesting all these shots and making it a lot more difficult on Harden. Sabonis just cannot provide that defense and Goga can shot block, but he gives up too many fouls. 

 

Myles never has high rebounding numbers because he constantly has to protect against other players on the team getting beat and meeting guys at the rim. The rest of the team is there to rebound the ball.

 

 

I'm not even thinking about trading Myles until/unless Goga improves to a place where he can be impactful while playing 20-25 minutes.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Edmund Sumner will play against the Pistons tomorrow. I wonder how he factors into the rotation.

 

Either he takes Aaron Holiday/TJ McConnells minutes, he remains out of the rotation, or they go back to a ten man rotation where they do small ball and play all 3 guards together at some points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

finally like it never has happened before give me a damn break 

Well.. it is pretty rare, but it's all good man. I'm sure he appreciates you cheerleading for his average * haha

 

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man we look good right now. I can't wait for Oladipo to come back.

Did you miss the Bucks game?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Myles said:

Pacers are doing real well.  I wonder when Dipo will be back.  

 

I saw a story on NBA Hoops Rumors that he is looking at late January for a return.  No need to rush as long as we're winning games right now.

 

Will be interesting to see how the chemistry of the team will change one he's back.  Obviously, everyone wants him back, but there will be some adjustments to make when he is in the line-up compared to how things are working now.

 

But, it's all good!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 9:05 AM, Myles said:

Pacers are doing real well.  I wonder when Dipo will be back.  

 

At this rate, I don't expect him back until after All Star Weekend. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When Vic gets back, teams talking junk will come to a halt. Let the games begin then. We have held our own without Vic, when he gets back that puts us 2nd best in the east IMO, only behind the Bucks. We would smoke Miami with a healthy Vic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't catch the entire game, but did watch the end of the 4th quarter. Nice to have the team almost healthy again.

 

I really, really hope Sabonis gets an All Star selection. He deserves it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MTC said:

Didn't catch the entire game, but did watch the end of the 4th quarter. Nice to have the team almost healthy again.

 

I really, really hope Sabonis gets an All Star selection. He deserves it. 

 

Outside of Embiid, I'm not sure there is a better big man in the East right now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a game by Pacers on the road against good Den team.

 

Congrats Sabonis on getting his first Triple double and Only Lithuanians to achieve that feat in NBA. The guy is a beast and I think the best old school Big man in the NBA or atleast EAST. 

 

Loveeeeeeeee the game by Brogdon / Warren / Sabonis / McBuckets. 

 

Lets go to Utah and beat them.... 1-0

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

What a game by Pacers on the road against good Den team.

 

Congrats Sabonis on getting his first Triple double and Only Lithuanians to achieve that feat in NBA. The guy is a beast and I think the best old school Big man in the NBA or atleast EAST. 

 

Loveeeeeeeee the game by Brogdon / Warren / Sabonis / McBuckets. 

 

Lets go to Utah and beat them.... 1-0

 

 

Just think, last year there were a bunch of fans that wanted Sabonis traded. 

I said they were crazy then and wasn't wrong. haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just think, last year there were a bunch of fans that wanted Sabonis traded. 

I said they were crazy then and wasn't wrong. haha

Sabonis has very good basketball IQ I was watching last night game and Turner was standing in the paint while Sabonis pushing the defender and Brogdon has ball so he signal Turner to move to corner 3 which open the lane for Sabonis. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Him and Lebron were JUST "hugging it out" last night... what a shame. 41.. 4 children :( sorry Kobe. all the things he accomplished on the basketball court.. but I'll always remember how happy he was when the eagles won the superbowl.

 

RIP distant cousin. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Him and Lebron were JUST "hugging it out" last night... what a shame. 41.. 4 children :( sorry Kobe. all the things he accomplished on the basketball court.. but I'll always remember how happy he was when the eagles won the superbowl.

 

RIP distant cousin. 

Yeah I am here at work and that is all everyone is talking about. Everyone is in shock. Pacers have always been my favorite team but I have liked the Lakers since the Magic days. Kobe and Shaq era was fun too. RIP Black Mamba, prayers go out to Vanessa and his kids. I am in shock right now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am here at work and that is all everyone is talking about. Everyone is in shock. Pacers have always been my favorite team but I have liked the Lakers since the Magic days. Kobe and Shaq era was fun too. RIP Black Mamba, prayers go out to Vanessa and his kids. I am in shock right now.

 

Very sad. His daughter Gianna was on the plane too.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...