Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
MTC

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Recommended Posts

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:33 PM, MTC said:

 

Alize and Holiday have flashed.

'Flashed' is one way of putting it.

 

But it doesnt matter. No Goga..No Edmund Sumner. No expectations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, MTC said:

Did anyone here watch the press conference with Malcolm Brogdon? Really seems like a nice guy with strong character and leadership. 

He seems unusually intelligent

 

We're betting he can get better..and $20 mil a year isn't that much anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Im shocked...but it does make sense..

 

Westbrook and Harden know each other..

..and Chris Paul gets a chance to be the No. 1 guy

 

the salaries match...

This is craziness......but I like that Westbrook didn't go to Miami

It is funny how Daryl Morey thinks Westbrook and Harden will work but the overrated Sam Presti who has got rid all of his great players did not. People love Sam Presti for some odd reason in OKC and here is who he has traded or did not re-sign = Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Oladipo, Sabonis, George, and now Westbrook. He is terrible IMO. That is his record and no championships. He can draft great but he keeps nobody, it is laughable looking at that talent and no championships over the last 8 years. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your facts are right, 2006Coltsbestever!   LeBron should be completely healthy from his late season injury - I think he missed the last two or three games of the regular season and should be ready alsong with AD, for the Lakers training camp in September.   Safe to say the competition went up another level by the free agent signings of both the Lakers and the Clippers this summer, and I look forward when both teams play 5 or 6 games during the regular season.  I hope those games can be televised on both ESPN and TNT.  And they share the same venue, Staples Center.  

 

Lakers though will initially have to adjust to new Head Coach Frank Vogel's basketball scheme, and also the additions of Miles Simon and Jason Kidd (?)  as assistant coaches, and stability in the Lakers front office and management since Jeannie Buss is still the team owner, after Jeannie fired his brother, Jim Buss, and Magic Johnson resigned.  General Manager Rob Perlinka kept the LA Lakers competetive by recruiting and signing Anthony Davis and other players.   Both the Lakers and Clippers reloaded with veteran, and entertaining talent we NBA fans will look forward to when the 2019-20 NBA Regular Season begins in October!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LucasOilStadium said:

Your facts are right, 2006Coltsbestever!   LeBron should be completely healthy from his late season injury - I think he missed the last two or three games of the regular season and should be ready alsong with AD, for the Lakers training camp in September.   Safe to say the competition went up another level by the free agent signings of both the Lakers and the Clippers this summer, and I look forward when both teams play 5 or 6 games during the regular season.  I hope those games can be televised on both ESPN and TNT.  And they share the same venue, Staples Center.  

 

Lakers though will initially have to adjust to new Head Coach Frank Vogel's basketball scheme, and also the additions of Miles Simon and Jason Kidd (?)  as assistant coaches, and stability in the Lakers front office and management since Jeannie Buss is still the team owner, after Jeannie fired his brother, Jim Buss, and Magic Johnson resigned.  General Manager Rob Perlinka kept the LA Lakers competetive by recruiting and signing Anthony Davis and other players.   Both the Lakers and Clippers reloaded with veteran, and entertaining talent we NBA fans will look forward to when the 2019-20 NBA Regular Season begins in October!

I would take the Lakers and Clippers and give the field if I was betting. Sometimes super teams do not work out because of chemistry but those teams are loaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is funny how Daryl Morey thinks Westbrook and Harden will work but the overrated Sam Presti who has got rid all of his great players did not. People love Sam Presti for some odd reason in OKC and here is who he has traded or did not re-sign = Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Oladipo, Sabonis, George, and now Westbrook. He is terrible IMO. That is his record and no championships. He can draft great but he keeps nobody, it is laughable looking at that talent and no championships over the last 8 years. 

 

Harden trade ended up being one of the worst ever. Presti deserves blame for Durant leaving. But he turned Ibaka to Dipo and Sabonis, those two to PG and PG to the biggest draft pick haul in NBA history.

 

He drafted 3 MVPs three years in a row. I don't think anyone else has done the same. He has his flaws but he's far from terrible. Terrible GMs don't haul in talent like that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Finball said:

 

Harden trade ended up being one of the worst ever. Presti deserves blame for Durant leaving. But he turned Ibaka to Dipo and Sabonis, those two to PG and PG to the biggest draft pick haul in NBA history.

 

He drafted 3 MVPs three years in a row. I don't think anyone else has done the same. He has his flaws but he's far from terrible. Terrible GMs don't haul in talent like that. 

He drafts great as I stated but he can't keep nobody lmao . He won't get another Durant or Westbrook or Harden, so I wish him luck now. He even lucked into George and could not keep him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He drafts great as I stated but he can't keep nobody lmao . He won't get another Durant or Westbrook or Harden, so I wish him luck now. He even lucked into George and could not keep him. 

 

He could have kept PG and Westbrook but didn't want to. Better trade them for a good/great haul and start the rebuild than keep them, have the team in luxury tax and lose in the 1st round.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 10:33 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Carsen Edwards is going to be a really good player IMO. Been balling out for the Celtics in the summer league.

 

Averaging 17 pts a game in limited action too!!! Word is Celtics are working on a guaranteed contract for him, not common for second rounders! Pacers had a chance to sign him but traded the pick, that’s too bad!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pacers signed Justin Holiday to a one year deal

 

will ferrell lol GIF by NBA

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So can anybody tell me whats going on with the TJ McConnell deal? I was busy most of this week but heard the Pacers apparently never officially announced the signing or something like that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pacers signed Justin Holiday to a one year deal

Good signing...

...a wing player who averaged double figures off the bench....

Decent defender....and a vet..age 30 on a team of young folks

 

..and its not like he doesn't know anybody on the team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 2:50 PM, RockThatBlue said:

So can anybody tell me whats going on with the TJ McConnell deal? I was busy most of this week but heard the Pacers apparently never officially announced the signing or something like that? 

 

I believe I read that he's signing at the end of the week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myles Turner worked out with Kevin McHale last week, focusing on post moves. I'm hesitant to get too excited about this, but a part of me can't help it. I hope that he takes what he learned to heart and can successfully integrate it into his game. Pacer fans are surely ready for him to show that he's more than a 13 and 7 guy that happens to have elite defensive timing. The best part of it all was reading Kevin McHale's quote of "You gotta nice jumper but get yer a## on the block"

 

http://mylesturnerbasketball.org/pacers-forward-myles-turner-worked-on-post-moves-with-hall-of-famer-kevin-mchale-via-indystar/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think this has been posted here, but Pacers signed another Center on a partially guaranteed deal.

 

Amidah Brimah, C, 7'

 

"The seven-footer most recently played for the Austin Spurs of the G-League, where he averaged 8.8 PPG, 8.2 RPG and 2.9 BPG in only 23.3 MPG.

The 25-year-old excelled in the Las Vegas Summer League with the Summer Nets, as he averaged 6.2 PPG, 4.5 RPG and 2.2 BPG in just 12.5 MPG. That comes out to 17.9 points, 13 rebounds and 6.3 blocks (!!!) per 36 minutes."

 

https://www.indycornrows.com/2019/7/18/20699993/pacers-sign-amida-brimah-to-one-year-deal

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 11:31 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is funny how Daryl Morey thinks Westbrook and Harden will work but the overrated Sam Presti who has got rid all of his great players did not. People love Sam Presti for some odd reason in OKC and here is who he has traded or did not re-sign = Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Oladipo, Sabonis, George, and now Westbrook. He is terrible IMO. That is his record and no championships. He can draft great but he keeps nobody, it is laughable looking at that talent and no championships over the last 8 years. 

His great drafting keeps him from being a laughingstock.   I also give him a bit of a pass because of OKC.   Small market where players do not want to sign.  

 

If I was running the Thunder, I would consider just playing out the next few years with the 15 first round picks they have.  Especially in this time of "superteams".  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 2:39 PM, Myles said:

His great drafting keeps him from being a laughingstock.   I also give him a bit of a pass because of OKC.   Small market where players do not want to sign.  

 

If I was running the Thunder, I would consider just playing out the next few years with the 15 first round picks they have.  Especially in this time of "superteams".  

i think they might trade some of those picks, how many young players can one team develop?  roster space is pretty tight in the nba too

 

at least their own picks might be pretty high now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been seeing a Bradley Beal rumor floating around? Not sure where it came from, but figured I'd post it.

 

Wizards rec:

Sabonis

A. Holiday

TJ Warren

Doug McBuckets

2022 1st round pick

 

Pacers rec:

Bradley Beal

 

Would you guys be interested in that deal?

 

2022 is supposed to be the Double Talent draft. Age limit reduced, will have 1st year college studs and high school prospects in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Been seeing a Bradley Beal rumor floating around? Not sure where it came from, but figured I'd post it.

 

Wizards rec:

Sabonis

A. Holiday

TJ Warren

Doug McBuckets

2022 1st round pick

 

Pacers rec:

Bradley Beal

 

Would you guys be interested in that deal?

 

2022 is supposed to be the Double Talent draft. Age limit reduced, will have 1st year college studs and high school prospects in it.

I wouldn't do that deal because we already have one of the best backcourts in the league when Oladipo comes back with Brogdon. I would not trade Sabonis, that is a problem as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't do that deal because we already have one of the best backcourts in the league when Oladipo comes back with Brogdon. I would not trade Sabonis, that is a problem as well.

Yeah I probably feel the same, but I'm sure Brogdon, Dipo and Beal would be just fine in the lineup together.

 

Would need TJ Leaf, Alize and Goga to stepup big time if we made this move.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myles Turner made the USA Team:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, since nothing of interest is going on in football, who is excited to see the Pacers with their new lineup this year? 

 

Bueller? Bueller?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 11:41 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't do that deal because we already have one of the best backcourts in the league when Oladipo comes back with Brogdon. I would not trade Sabonis, that is a problem as well.

Yes I would like the opportunity to see this roster play out after Dipo returns and before. Im optimistic for the season as a whole . May be some growing pains , but I like the overall makeup of this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 11:15 AM, JPFolks said:

So, since nothing of interest is going on in football, who is excited to see the Pacers with their new lineup this year? 

 

Bueller? Bueller?

I remember last year many people were using the "team chemistry" as a main reason why they would succeed.   With the shake up in the roster, will that hurt them much.   

 

My early prediction is 5th in the East.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

I remember last year many people were using the "team chemistry" as a main reason why they would succeed.   With the shake up in the roster, will that hurt them much.   

 

My early prediction is 5th in the East.  

Myles, I think it really depends on Oladipo.  How soon and how good is he when he comes back.,  If he's the old Victor, I think they could challenge for 3-5th.  If he's just not the same, we'll be 6-8th and likely out in Round 1 again.  And with little cap space going forward, it will be tough to do better than 4th-8th if the current team can't crack the top 3.  

 

On the other hand, if Vic comes back in December and plays well, we'll have the best defensive backcourt in the league.  It might all come down to if Sabonis can defend a Power Forward out to the line and coexist effectually on Offense.  They pretty much have to switch on O and D.  Sabonis plays the 4 on Defense and the 5 on Offense and vice versa.  To be honest, I am now way more excited about the Pacers than the Colts now.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • My Colts review after 3 weeks...and I don't think anyone cares, including my 6 sons, lol.   The Good 1. Reich play calling ..a real plus. Much improved over Pagano era (I liked Chuck as a person). Remember when there were Sean Payton to the Colts rumors? It was his gusty, creative play calling that appealed to me. Well, I think Reich, in terms of play calling and guts will be mentioned in the same breadth if he gets his Super Bowl win. 2. Offensive line - as good as advertised. 3. Brissett - his grabbing the reins and performing under pressure is a pleasant surprise. You have to be all in on him. Missing Luck is like missing an ex-girlfriend....wasting that emotion will only hurt you. 4. Mack - solid. Totally solid. 5. Rookies playing. The fact that they are playing and the Colts could have been 3-0 speaks well of the draft. Willis shows promise, particularly in run support. 6. Jack Doyle's contributions.     The Mediocre 1. Leonard...I guess I was hoping for more. I know he's hurt but I thought something was amiss the first two games. 2. Ebron - maybe spreading the ball around has lessened his opportunities. 3. Return game. Not much happening there. 4. 2nd receiver. With Funchess and Fountain out, not much happening there....we seem to be "F'ed". Has there been a Rogers citing?    The Bad. 1. The pass rush. Just not what I thought would be a strength this year. Next years draft should be pass rushers, pass rushers, and all the free agent pass rushers you can find. Stick a fork in Houston (you know the rest). 2. The 2 games of kicking woes. 3. Playing loose zones. Geesh...Ryan was making it look like a backyard football game where he hit every pass.   The Amazing 1. Ebron's first touchdown (the flip pass at the goal line) 2. The Pascal td call today 3. Geathers interception (not a typo, he really did it). 4. The 3rd Colts cheerleader from the left....just kidding.    
    • This is a must win because losing is bad mmmmkay
    • but he's not so what's the point?
    • I’ll take today’s Jacoby over Andrew (ducks and hides)   what I mean by that is that Jacoby was getting the ball out fast, taking what the defense gives him rather than forcing things, and was pinpoint on his throws (loften did a great job highlighting that and why it matters on the broadcast).  Those weren’t always Andrew’s strong suits.  
    • If Pagano was here, I'd be marking that Raiders game as an L. Thank god for Reich. Oakland is gonna come out hungry but I have no doubt this Colts team will step it up.
  • Members

    • ManningGM

      ManningGM 559

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • KB

      KB 395

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltfaninnewyork

      coltfaninnewyork 299

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Tsarquise

      Tsarquise 760

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • zibby43

      zibby43 904

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • J@son

      J@son 7,279

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ScotColt

      ScotColt 19

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tate

      tate 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Qwiz

      Qwiz 3,715

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 8,798

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...