Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

18 hours ago, MTC said:

What's interesting is that he would bring Ty Lue as his top assistant. 

We would really consider bringing in a Piston after what they did to us?  That game with the fights and Artest going off was the beginning of the downfall of a great team we had.  We never recovered from that incident, IMO.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just watching Magic Johnson and Larry Bird video's on youtube - young fans reaction. They could not believe what they were seeing, how great those 2 were. The reactions are funny as heck haha . Several people said, imagine if they would've been on the same team during the 80's? One person said 10 straight championships, I believe that if healthy lmao . It would not have been fair. The passes those 2 made are just mind boggling and the clutch gene as far as scoring was so unreal. They could play now and do the same thing, that is how far they were ahead of their time. My top 5 players I have ever seen still remains:

1. Jordan

2. Magic

3. Kareem - Sky hook

4. LeBron

5. It is between Bird and Kobe - both wanted to destroy opponents and would do anything to win. I would be happy with either. I have to mention Shaq only because IMO he was the most dominant big Man I have ever seen inside of 3 feet of the basket.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:18 AM, Barry Sears said:

We would really consider bringing in a Piston after what they did to us?  That game with the fights and Artest going off was the beginning of the downfall of a great team we had.  We never recovered from that incident, IMO.

Im not to big on the Billups possibility either. 

Much rather have:

Reggie

Mark Jackson

Becky Hammon(sp?)

Kenny Atkinson

On 9/22/2020 at 6:43 PM, w87r said:

Billy Donovan agreed to a deal to coach the Bulls.

Have a nice young nucleus, good draft spot. Maybe convince Anthony Davis to come home.? Pipe dreams.

water smoke GIF by William Garratt

If Anthony Davis gets his ring this year he may bolt. He might be content with that and just want to come home? As of now I think it is the Lakers to lose, Heat look strong but I don't see them beating the Lakers. Lakers should get by a gritty team in Denver as well. They are up 2-1 as of now.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Any chance that the Celtics would part ways with Stephens if they lose the series to the Heat 4-1?   

Nah I don't see it. He has been to the Conference Finals now twice I believe which is still a very good season. Now if the Celtics were routinely losing in the 1st or 2nd round I could see it then.

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

bunch of reports that Victor is requesting a trade now.  i have a hard time seeing him recover and play like he did before anyway.  i say move him, take the best we can get

Lakers in 6 sounds about right 

Personally I think the Pacers played better without him. He shooting percentage was very poor and he didn't want to facilitate to make other team mates better. 

I think we will be able to pull in a nice little haul for Oladipo. Multiple teams will be competing for his services. 

Keep hearing Turner's name too. Hope he stays I don't want him to go anywhere.

Should be an entertaining offseason.

Need to name a Coach first...

Im ready to hear who it is, so we can move on to roster activity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 2:23 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My Mt Rushmore of basketball all-time:

Jordan

Magic

Kareem

LeBron

-Congrats LA Lakers and LeBron for being 2020 World Champs during a pandemic. Yeah I am already saying it, it is over. The chances of a LeBron led team losing a 3-1 lead is like hell freezing over lmao .

I cant have a Mt. Rushmore without Larry Bird. 

Miami is making it interesting. They are not laying down.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I cant have a Mt. Rushmore without Larry Bird. 

Miami is making it interesting. They are not laying down.

I can't believe the Lakers lost Friday night. Jimmy Butler has proven to me that he is a great player if anything. I had Lakers in 6 before the series so we will see. 

Regarding Bird, who would you take off my Mt Rushmore? Just curious because taking Jordan, Magic, Kareem, or LeBron off would be tough to do. To me Bird and Kobe are right there, even Shaq. That is out of the players I have seen. Going way back you had Russell and Wilt of course.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't believe the Lakers lost Friday night. Jimmy Butler has proven to me that he is a great player if anything. I had Lakers in 6 before the series so we will see. 

Regarding Bird, who would you take off my Mt Rushmore? Just curious because taking Jordan, Magic, Kareem, or LeBron off would be tough to do. To me Bird and Kobe are right there, even Shaq. That is out of the players I have seen. Going way back you had Russell and Wilt of course.

I guess I would have to add another head to Mt Rushmore? :D

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the Finals, I am pretty sure the Lakers will win tonight but if they don't they are in deep doo doo IMO.

Hopefully not, just sucked that Dragic has been out the whole series.

Their run this year, definitely has me feeling a little better about where the state of the Pacers team is, and that was without Sabonis and Lamb.

Team could look completely different next year, Im hoping for something similar, maybe without Oladipo. I want to keep Turner though.... Guess it depends on wjat we could get.

I like Mark Jackson as well. Would not mind that at all.

• MTC locked this topic

Archived