Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lakers trade the world for Anthony Davis -- Good!

The Lakers traded Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks (including this year's 4th overall) for Anthony Davis.  I'm glad they got Anthony Davis.  And they are poised to actually make some real noise next year.  But to me, the biggest benefit of this trade is getting rid of Lonzo Ball.  I have always maintained that drafting Ball was an enormous mistake.  Even if you were planning on bringing in Lebron James (which they were), you were drafting what was to be the future face of your franchise.  Lonzo Ball has all the charisma of a slug.  He may be a brilliant passer, but he plays like he's bored.  But the worst of it is his father LaVar Ball, who just doesn't know how to shut up.  He insists on commenting on everything.  He demands the spotlight.  All of it.  Won't let it go.  On hearing of the trade, LaVar Ball tweeted: "I will guarantee... it will be the worst move the Lakers ever did in their life and they will never win another championship.  I guarantee it."  That kind of thing is now in the Lakers' rear view mirror.  Thank goodness!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 10:23 PM, John Hammonds said:

The Lakers traded Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks (including this year's 4th overall) for Anthony Davis.  I'm glad they got Anthony Davis.  And they are poised to actually make some real noise next year.  But to me, the biggest benefit of this trade is getting rid of Lonzo Ball.  I have always maintained that drafting Ball was an enormous mistake.  Even if you were planning on bringing in Lebron James (which they were), you were drafting what was to be the future face of your franchise.  Lonzo Ball has all the charisma of a slug.  He may be a brilliant passer, but he plays like he's bored.  But the worst of it is his father LaVar Ball, who just doesn't know how to shut up.  He insists on commenting on everything.  He demands the spotlight.  All of it.  Won't let it go.  On hearing of the trade, LaVar Ball tweeted: "I will guarantee... it will be the worst move the Lakers ever did in their life and they will never win another championship.  I guarantee it."  That kind of thing is now in the Lakers' rear view mirror.  Thank goodness!

That's a lot to give up for 1 player.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This is what I am hearing, Lakers are a strong candidate for Kawahi Leonard:

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-07-01-chris-broussard-says-the-lakers-are-now-kawhi-leonards-first-choice/

There's only three teams that have enough cap space to offer him what he wants: Raptors, Clippers, Lakers. Not surprised Lakers are favorites.